PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Trader

CitationJet
30th Jan 2008, 23:55
How many Ppruners receive a complimentary copy of Aviation Trader??

On their website they claim to send it to all VH reg holders. I have been on the VH reg for a couple of years without receiving a copy so I have some doubts on that claim.

If they do send it to VH reg holders their database must be VERY out of date.

Is the circulation really what they claim? ie is it worth advertising in?

185skywagon
30th Jan 2008, 23:59
Never got it for my last 2 aircraft but I get it for my current one.

Jabawocky
31st Jan 2008, 01:09
I do...........

Mind you I cant remember the last Crash Comic......have they run out of publishing budget AGAIN!!!:eek:

J

airmuster
31st Jan 2008, 01:26
Been getting Av Trader since first plane back in '80. Not sure whether a/c may need to be under company name.
The old "crash comics" were very good.... informative.... not like the self glorifying crap we get today.

thunderbird five
31st Jan 2008, 03:20
Yes, most definitely a freebie.
I used to subscribe, then got VH-...... and just sent them a message "can I please have my freebie?" - no problem! Ask and ye shall receive, don't expect them to be mind readers.:{

gezza182
31st Jan 2008, 05:20
As well as all the freebies to vh holders, its not a bad seller in pilot shops and newsagencies. So I reckon its overall circulation figures must be pretty good.

Howard Hughes
31st Jan 2008, 07:51
So people who pay for their copy, are subsidising the people who can afford an aircraft?:rolleyes:

VH-XXX
31st Jan 2008, 08:31
If you ring them up they will put you on the list and send you your FREE copies if you give them your rego. You must have been missed.

Same goes for all you ultralight owners out there, give them a ring and they will put you on the list too. The only reason why you aren't on the list already is because of the private boys-club RAA who refuse to make the aircraft details public.

gezza182
1st Feb 2008, 05:53
I think you'll find that its the people who pay for the advertising subsidise both the free copies and the "paid for" copies.

With most magazines/newspapers, the cover price doesn't go anywhere near the actual production cost.

It's the advertising that brings in the revenue, but if there is no (or little) circulation numbers, then there is no advertising revenue. Hence all the free copies to VH rego owners.

In saying that though, aircraft owners constitute Aviation Traders target market. They are the buyers and sellers of aircraft.

The retail trade is generally just enthusiasts who aren't really in the market for an aeroplane.

Also, a newsagent mate of mine tells me that Aviation Trader is one of the best read publications in his shop. So looks like many others are having a free read.