PDA

View Full Version : Costoms Import Papers for Europe

uberflug
30th Jan 2008, 21:02
Hallo

I hope I have the correct forum.
Do anyone here knows or understand the need for a costoms paper i think called a t1 for moving an aeroplane into Europe from the US but to land in a country before import. For fuel and then to the country for import.

I work in ferrying aeroplanes and now have to pay $200 if i stop in UK and then fly onto Denmark. France. Germany or other European countries.

When i take this paper to the destination they say i dont require it. I am not able to find any information but have been shown a letter from UK costoms which confuses me but am told i need this t1.

I would be thankful for any help.

Kurt

ifonly
31st Jan 2008, 09:17
T1 is a procedure that allows goods which have not been formally entered in the country of arrival to travel to the country of destination within the EU without paying the tax. Any decent agent will ahve access to a system called NCTS -
http://tinyurl.com/3xtrlr . There is no charge as far as I know for this - if it's your agent charging you then that's between you and him ! It's a system my company uses frequently when bringing containers through European ports and into the UK. It just ensures that goods get entered at their destination without disappearing !!

TI is a different procedure as goods have to be re-exported.

uberflug
31st Jan 2008, 14:14
thank you both.

It is the t1 not a temporary import. i do need them sometimes.

the link was helpful but is this mandatory and when did it start.
I only get this problem when transiting scotland. do the other european countries do this.

Kurt