PDA

View Full Version : Jade Cargo

gyro4
30th Jan 2008, 13:46
looking for some info on rosters, number of days off ,hotels downroute, general working conditions now that a new management team has taken over. thanks.

Coffee at 4 AM
8th Feb 2008, 03:00
The fact that you have not received any answers yet indicates that Jade is still very elusive with information.
With Chinese New Year on, it will all take longer anyway. When you deal with that culture, patience and nonjudgement will get you further than our western approach of asking 100 questions at one time and open emotions.
What I heard is that only 6 canididates passed the interviews in December 2007. One of which supposedly already took a job in HKG with Hong Kong Airlines, so thats 5 left out of 32. The pass rates equates to 19%...... it is a tough week and when you go there come with an open mind.
As to rostering, commuter packages, school and housing allowances and LOL there are still many questions, and I hope Jade will eventually put more light on these issues for all.

rush21122
12th Feb 2008, 04:33
Does anyone know about the upgrade policy at Jade? I know they have a program set up where you go to Shenzhen Airlines and then transfer back to Jade. I have heard "rumors" that once you sign that contract as a FO, you are stuck and they will hire Capt. before upgrading an FO who is ready.

gyro4
18th Feb 2008, 12:27
Obviously, it still looks like Jade is a bit of a mystery.;)

tflier
18th Feb 2008, 14:08
First of all guys don't shot me down, I've done a search and come up with nought.
Does anyone have any info on the ICAO test, and sim profile for captain applicants. Am off to Shenzen next month, and was looking for a heads up. Anything about the whole process would be great, by the way I wear glasses, how does this affect the so called 'astronaut' medical?
Thanks guys, and good luck to you all.

rush21122
20th Feb 2008, 09:04
I was scheduled to attend the next screening. Then I was put on hold because my ATPL with 747 type had a limitation of Circl. appr.-VMC only. they said that was a problem. I also submitted a FAA temp. certificate because I just had a 757 type added. They prefer prefer the Wright Bros. permanent card.

MaxBlow
21st Feb 2008, 00:42
I heard that AAI sent crews to China to fly the Jade machines as 2 of their own had to be repaired.
The new paydeal still sucks and it's good to see that only a few guys accept to fly/work for pocket money:D

Willit Run
21st Feb 2008, 03:07
I was offered an interview, even with the "VFR circling approach only" on my licence. The pay ain't bad, but having to work 20 or 21 days a month for that pay, ain't so great a deal. I figured that if i stayed where I'm at, and worked the extra 4 days, (to bring me to 21) I could make within $1000 of what Jade offered.

I have the most recent Jade offer for captains if anyone wants it, but be advised that it can change in a chinese second.
They have obviously tried to make the T&C's more palletable, but they are not enough to make me jump ship, even for the -400 rating.

The amaount they offer for intl. health insurance, is not enough to cover the cost. If i wanted to work in an office, I could get an office job, but thats not why I got into flying. I don't want to work in an office.

I suppose if you needed the job, and they said yes, i would go; but its not enough to entice me just yet.

IGS13
21st Feb 2008, 15:53
zoner:

was the jade deal an "internal" announcement at evergreen? i haven't seen anything else online or in the press yet.

Zoner
21st Feb 2008, 22:49
Yes it was. The bid sheets are out.

4 smoking barrels
9th Mar 2008, 03:23
a word of caution to those wanting to join this company. Jade's new contract touted as progressive is nothing more than a blatant deception to attract unsuspecting pilots. You will be hit with a Chinese tax as high as 45% and those taking the commuting contract can expect to have a progressively debilitating and eroding contract due to a fixed rate of the RMB to USD adjusted every month. What you see attractive as gross figures are not what you can expect and the worst part is,THE MANAGEMENT ARE ELUSIVE AND WILL NOT DIVULGE TAX ISSUES UNTIL YOU ARE WELL AND TRULY IN.
STAY AWAY!!!!

wotsitdoin
11th Mar 2008, 02:52
Hi,
After the initial excitement of flying a shiny 744 and living somewhere different, the reality is you're living in a highly populated, heavily polluted city in communist China and a good commuter contract is essential for the longevity of some of its foriegn pilots. Jades contract falls short, especially beind linked to the USD. Current rate is 7.1 RMB/USD, I've heard it could be 6 RMB/USD by years end, a 15% reduction in effective pay( Jade says it will cover 50% of any loss, but it's still a loss). This combined with "commuters" getting less benefits than the "residents" makes it unattractive, and it's all for the PRIVILEGE of having 8 days off in a row. I wont say stay away, but do your sums and homework carefully,
Thanks

valleydriver
4th Jun 2008, 17:47
Hello all,

I am scheduled for a Jade interview at the end of June 08 and stumbled upon this thread. Does anyone have any definitive answers about days on duty? commuting package? pay - specific to that 45% chinese tax I just read about, in lay terms, what do you actually get paid as an FO after taxes? the contract that is posted on the website seems ambiguous to me. quality of life? how many pilots are they hiring, have been hiring, etc? Anything might help before I drop a few grand trying to get there, expedite a visa, alienate my family, etc...

i.e. what am i getting myself into here?

any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Capt Vertigo
4th Jun 2008, 19:15
Hi there!

Don't waste your time..:ugh::ugh: They got the Oasis rated guys and work it out how many crew would they need with only 6 aircrafts..??? :rolleyes:

Have a look at their website..... no recruitment.. :confused:

However good luck!!!

Happy landings. :ok:

skyryder
6th Jun 2008, 05:23
Well, I was offered a Cruise Command position recently and I know a couple of items. They are still screening for pilots, as I have friends that were invited in both May and June. One could not make the June date and they asked to come in July. I suspect the DEC jobs are gone, as a result of the Oasis collapase, but who knows. I do know the recent wet lease to the Singapore cargo carrier will keep the 6th aircraft busy for at least a year and the Jade guys are flying it.
I have heard the fail rate at the screening is high, but don't have hard facts. I don't think some people take the physcological part very serious, and Jade puts a lot of stock in it.
I am still trying to get some answers about the rostering, etc. and will have to have them before I sign on.
My opinion about them is the current management team knows how to run a cargo airline and with the European backing it could turn out very well. Lufthansa Cargo is a big operator and can steer a lot of business their way as back haul into China. Another up side is you are working for them and not a contractor per se.
I am sure there are a lot of down sides, but will try to post what I find out along the way.

wotsitdoin
13th Jun 2008, 06:06
Just a couple of less desirable aspects of Jade. Firstly, the 2 week roster we get isn't worth the paper it's written on. They will change your days off regularly with minimum notice (only by email) which makes it virtually impossible to plan a life and if your a commuter, very hard to book flights home. Jades only priority is to get planes airbourne, the pilots roster is a very distant second. After many requests, there is still no seniority list. I think this is so they can bring in as many direct entry Captains/Cruise Captain without the FO's having a foot to stand on, so if you come as an FO, be prepared for a LONG wait for Command. If you come to Jade, have a lot of savings in the bank as you possibly could be on 20/50/70 % of your pay for quite a while as they try and get you line checked. Some get trained quick, some slow, it's very hit and miss. On a good note, they no longer connect the commuters pay to the US dollar. All I can say is that Jade's a stable job (if the chinese doctors reniew your medical).There are better out there, and worse.

Thanks

LarryDCableGuy
15th Jun 2008, 01:43
You will get 20% of your regular salary until you submitted all the required paper works (police clearance, previous employer background check, etc.); then you'll get 50% of your regular salary until you get the crew pass and resident card and then you'll get 70% of your regular salary until you get your chinese ATPL and after passing the line check.

jpu0509
17th Jun 2008, 13:48
Does anyone know how the bank guarantee for Jade is secured? They told me it is about 50k USD, that seems like more money than I could get approved for. To much school debt.

Paladini
11th Dec 2008, 15:44
JPU0509

Where, perchance did you get the $50K figure for the 744 type rating? From Jade?

Does anyone else have a current figure?

Kato747
3rd Jan 2009, 16:55
What's the current pay rate for PICC with Jade?

aba71
3rd Jan 2009, 20:55
Trying to find a way out of AAI are you?
No info on JADE, but I just wanted to say HI.
I have fond memories of my 2 years at Saujana with AAI. Good times..
Happy hunting and I wish you all the luck in your endeavours...

wall-e
10th Jul 2009, 11:06
... in this long term economic reconstruction plan anybody has news on how Lufthansa will handle his 25% of Jade Cargo?

Thanks

RG500
27th Aug 2009, 16:21
Lufthansa has in place, a 30 year management contract of Jade.

GlueBall
30th Aug 2009, 08:36
Lufthansa has in place, a 30 year management contract of Jade.

. . . wow! Ambitious expectations. :rolleyes:

Urraca
30th Aug 2009, 11:31
50k for a type rating in the 744 ? Crazy, you can get in the US for $13000:ok:

TckVs
31st Aug 2009, 09:23
Hi,
does anyone know if they are planing any DEC soon or is it all PICC at the moment?

ZoomInAndOut
31st Aug 2009, 10:44
Well, one can only speculate :confused:
But since they cannot upgrade anybody, I guess they will eventually have to hire DEC's even though they said they would not.

airwjo
5th Sep 2009, 09:30
Hey Guys,

Am interested to join Jade Cargo.
Can anybody give me details, how a commuting roster looks like and if the family members also get ID90 Tickets?

Tks cheers:}

stone_crusher
25th Sep 2009, 11:36
even me trying to get in jade as FO...........
any idea on the requirements.......
BR
stone:ok:

tengwe_ash
12th Jun 2010, 06:33
Please can anyone tell me what are the latest requirements for joining Jade without a type rating on the 744.Does one have to pay for their own conversion? How does it work, does the company guarantee a loan? Also is a commuting contract available, if so what is the rotation? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jaz and the Fat Man
17th Jun 2010, 12:46
If you have a type rating in a jet that is not available in China ( for example, B747-200, or CRJ-900 ), you need to purchase your own B747-400 type before starting class. Otherwise the company types you, and X amount is deducted from your check every month and then at the end of 3 years you get it back. For commuting you can do what is called a 20X. Basically have 10 days off in a row BUT you have to use your vacation to get that block. Keep in mind, things change almost daily but I believe that is the deal for now.

Jaz and the Fat Man
17th Jun 2010, 16:45
A PICC is, in the eyes of the CAAC, a fully qualified Captain. ALL check rides, either on the line or in the Sim are PIC. There is no such thing as a PICC as far as China law. When a flying with a heavy crew, The "Captain" logs 50% of the trip as PIC and the PICC logs 50% of the flight as PIC.

Why do they have PICC's? He's a cheap Captain. Will they ever upgrade? No

It's something the companies use to under pay a pilot that has the exact qualifications and sometimes more, than the PIC getting thousands more a month.

tengwe_ash
19th Jun 2010, 16:49
Thanks for the info on that Jaz .What do the guys in this position tend to do? do they go off and pay for a cheaper type rating ( I believe you can do one under $20k) or do they bite the bullet and hope they will last the 3 years?

Jaz and the Fat Man
20th Jun 2010, 02:52
I'm not really sure if a person gets a choice. If you have a type rating on an aircraft that is not available or no longer available to do your CAAC ATPL, for example, the B747 classic, CRJ900. Then you have no choice but to purchase your own type on the B747-400. If you have your PIC time in say a B767, they have that simulator available in China so you would do your ATPL on that one, and then Jade would type you on the B747-400, then withdraw a big chunk out every month for 3 years, after that time, it would be returned to you. Keep in mind, if you don't have any other prospects and decide to come to Jade as a picc, you will just be a babysitter. Once in a while, you will "be allowed" to take off and land, but it's not regular and it's slightly demeaning, in my experience.

Droste
9th Jul 2010, 18:45
Then you have no choice but to purchase your own type on the B747-400.
Money not an issue to me.

Jade would type you on the B747-400, then withdraw a big chunk out every month for 3 years, after that time, it would be returned to you.
After 3 years, we can choose to live or stay. Right?

skysook
9th Aug 2010, 08:46
Hi,

According to Jade's website they are accepting applications for F/O's on the B747-400. The minimum requirement is 1000 hours total time.

Is this requirement realistic? It seems to be very low. I have 2200 hours total time including 1000 hours multi crew on a turboprop (Q400). What are my chances?

Is this the kind of experience level they are interested in? or do they want jet time, in particular wide bodied jets?

Any information regarding the experience levels of applicants would be great.

Thanks in advance.

727Man
15th Aug 2010, 12:11
Can any Pilots working for Jade give an honest opinions/views on working for Jade. Lots of old threads on here but not much up to date info.

Do they allow Pilot crew members to jump seat on their days off?

What to expect if offered a interview?

What are they looking for at interview and how to pass it?

any up to date info appreciated.

website says looking for 20 F/O's, have some left or are they expanding etc.

free at last
15th Aug 2010, 23:49
Make sure they pay 40+% income tax.:)

tengwe_ash
18th Aug 2010, 09:31
Hi,well I've been invited for an interview, please if anyone can give me information on the interview procedure and any thing else to give me a heads up I would be most grateful if you could pm me. Thanks

Jaz and the Fat Man
13th Sep 2010, 10:01
"Do they allow Pilot crew members to jump seat on their days off?"

No jumpseating what so ever, there are some employee zone fares available on Lufthansa.

"What to expect if offered a interview?"

The first day is a basically a psych and computer based testing day. I've heard Lufthansa uses similar testing. There is about a 30% failure rate that day and you are notified that evening in your room if you need to go home. You can prepare to an extent but if you're a nut job, I'd think twice about wasting your time going. The Dr. is very sharp.

Then you have a sim check in a 737 NG. It's straight forward. steep turn, VOR approach, V1 cut to ILS, visual approach. You can use the A/P for most of it.

There is a "one on one" interview with some technical questions. It's fairly standard and no trick questions. It's mainly to get an idea of your personality.

The medical is usually the last thing you will do and it's pretty intense. If your in poor shape, high anything. Get it taken care of, if possible, before you go in.

It's a hard process and then once you make it through, the training lasts about 3 to 4 months and that is stress free. They want you to make it through and are very helpful.

Of the Chinese airlines, I'd say Jade is probably the best and that mainly has to do with the fact that there is a lot of foreign management and most of the pilots are expats. They are losing guys of course as the available jobs throughout the world are starting to increase. Jade has announced that there will be upgrades which is welcome news for the guys.

Good luck and if you didn't make it to the sept interviews, I'm thinking there will be more to come.....

Jaz and the Fat Man
13th Sep 2010, 11:26
Since they bring the Doctor in from Germany, I don't think you'll be able to swing that one. What I meant by upgrade was to PIC not PICC. After being a heavy capt for about 20 years, being a PICC is kind of like retiring. The only duty you have is relieving the pilots during the flight. Sometimes you do an outside check, to help out or make a cup of coffee. Other than that, it's probably the easiest job in aviation. You're right about the pay difference, it's very little between the seats.

JCUERVO
15th Sep 2010, 07:11
Hey guys, i just put in my online app (3200 tt-1600 in jet >25t-current A320) how long are call backs taking for FO interviews? Also if selected to interview is the travel ticket/ hotel paid for? Thanks!

Lao Wai
18th Sep 2010, 08:53
Ric has it correct.

We only got payed for block time. I average 140-160 hrs duty time and get paid for 80 hr block time. Chinese Taxes will take away 25 - 33% of your salary.
Duty time often at limit.
Company promises upgrade by seniority but I don't see First officers upgrading. First officers say thay need 250 landing on type in China to upgrade. 250 landings = 6 - 10 year.
As a PICC you are a cruise pilot with FO pay.
Aeroplanes are filthy, mechanics have little or no experience.
You must fight for: tickets home and days off.
You will most likely fail chinese medical at sometime, loss of medical insurance will not pay out.
Roster changes many times every month.
Pilots here are very good people.
This is not a career aeroline, most all pilots here are looking for jobs elsewhere.

You must consider everything befour signing with Jade.
It is a good job, but not the best in China.
Trying to be honest not talk bad.

Willie Everlearn
3rd Oct 2010, 01:34
What is their age cutoff?:confused:
Cruise captain sounds like a soft touch.

Willie :ok:

eurokan
7th Oct 2010, 00:15
Hi, does anyone have the current T&C's, Salaries. The ones I have are from 2006 and I'm sure they have changed since then.

upspeed
3rd Nov 2010, 18:42
Hi guys,

This thread has been awful quiet these last few weeks...wonder if anybody has any updates or/and new info on the screenings, T&C´s, etc. I´m probably going to Shenzhen for the December screening.

cheers!

Jaz and the Fat Man
6th Nov 2010, 01:49
I'm glad I went to work for Jade before reading all the grossly blown out proportion comments. The "only" thing I would agree with "Ric", is we don't get paid to drive to the airport, prep the cockpit, and after the parking brake is set, leaving the aircraft. Of course, there is no airline in the world that pays for that. I could go on, but overall Jade is a good place to work for some and obviously not for others. If one prepares for the medical and puts some effort into it, it's not difficult. Spinning the wheel and hoping for the best? Well, that's called gambling. I've done medicals at several airlines in Asia and the CAAC is definitely not the hardest. The interview is very difficult if one goes in unprepared. The days are long but you will have 3 or 4 pilots so there is rest available. I'm home 10 days a month and for those guys that live in Europe, well, the company will let you use the cost of the hotel room towards a ticket home for a couple days, so the Euro guys end up getting close to 15 days at home. Is everyone looking for something else? Of course, that's "The Pilot's way".

Tim_Magic
6th Nov 2010, 10:45
thanks for the info jaz:D

can you tell us more about the interview and the test of dr. h.

best regards

Jaz and the Fat Man
6th Nov 2010, 13:24
Hi Tim, Give me until the end of next week and I'll have something you can use. If you're looking at interviewing in December, there are somethings you can do now to prepare. Get an online FAA ATP test and start studying. The book, " Ace the pilot tech exam" or something like that, is very helpful. As far as the medical, if you are in super shape, stop jogging now. In Asia, if you're in too good a shape, it's a no no. A resting heart rate of less than 50 is a negative. I know it sounds strange but that is the way it is. I wasn't able to get my heart rate above 150 on the treadmill test since I run about 5 miles a day, so I had to jump through all sorts of hoops. This year, I stopped exercising a couple months out and I had no problems. The Doctor even complimented me on doing a better test..... If you are in terrible shape, get off the booze and red meat, start walking every morning for at least 45 minutes. Anyway, I'll have more details within the week but this is something that can be done now. The effort you make now, will make the interview process that much easier. I'm amazed at how guys will go to an interview and think they don't have to prepare and wonder what happened when they get "the phone call"

Jaz and the Fat Man
16th Nov 2010, 15:52
If anyone has an interview coming up. PM me and I'll give you what info I can to help. I was going to add something to this thread but I can see "someone" is going to argue with whatever I say and I'm not up for that. Good Luck

Doubletrouble747
20th Nov 2010, 17:25
I will tend to side more with Jaz than Ric regarding conditions at Jade. For instance, I receive all d/h pay at 50% of full credit, regardless of the commercial or company flight duration. It is ground transportation that is not paid for if it falls under 2 hours.

During the economic meltdown in 2008 I was glad to just have a job anywhere in aviation. Having said that...

The interview is relatively tough (most people get weeded out on the psych eval) but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. All I can say on the psych portion is: BE HONEST. Don't ever try to game the questionnaire by trying to guess what type of pilot the airline is looking for. Answer the questions as if you are having an honest, frank assessment of yourself; you are either a fit for the airline or you aren't. If you try to be someone other than yourself on the MMPI you can keep your bags packed. On the psychometric part of the exam, the computer will have you busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest, but don't give up! If the program gets ahead of you and you can’t recall an exact sequence, cut your losses and jump right back in to it. There are some spatial relations tests (unfolded boxes with markings on various sides, and airplanes in various attitudes that have to be moved to other attitudes using proper flight control inputs, etc. The technical interview was not all that difficult. Some classic questions were asked (what to do if the skipper wants to push mins., the drunk pilot scenario, how much fuel is burned carrying extra fuel (classic 747 4% rule) and a couple of weather and approach chart questions. I don’t know what is currently being asked, but you get the general idea. I did not prepare for the technical interview at all. It is mainly a get-to-know-you interview and the good Dr. goes over your test results, provided you passed his psych screening. Please do not argue with the guy over what kind of a person you are. He was fairly accurate with my personality type and I just let our differences in opinion remain unstated.

The medical exam is bizarre. If you have any kidney or gallbladder stones those have to be taken care of before you can pass their exam. A stress test, EEG, X-Ray, hearing test, eye test and ENT exam is administered; BMI, urine, blood work and overall physical fitness is assessed. Even though I had some problems with hearing and was a little over the max BMI, I was still given a pass. However, I did do some serious biking in the weeks prior to going to China for the interview.

The flying is especially tough; long hours with a 3-man crew of up to 14 hours flight time and longer duty periods. This is one of the things that I do not like about Jade, even more so now that an ex-Air Namibia Austrian has been nominated CP and is really trying to push the troops. However, the rosters have become somewhat more stable under new crew scheduling personnel. Whereas I used to receive 14 or more roster changes in a month, it is now down to about 4-7. Things could still be better!

I am a commuter and the long flights back and forth to home are fatiguing, especially when I want to maximize my time at home with family and the schedulers have me rostered the next day after arrival in China. In addition, the commute takes 3 days crossing the dateline so my effective time at home is 17 days. Jetlag is never ending…

The Chinese have a custom about “losing face” and it becomes irritating to be surrounded by indifferent people who are not willing to step outside their own secure little box, in case they might accidentally make a mistake. For all of the anticipation I had coming here of how well the airline would be run under Lufthansa management, there seems to be a big disconnect between what upper LH management wants to implement and what is actually accomplished on the ground.

Maintenance is not the best in the world. In fact, many Chinese mechanics think the problem is solved once they clear the fault out of the CMC computer. Jade has had an extraordinary number of engine problems on new 747s and that is quite bothersome: dinged fan blades, destroyed turbine hot sections, complete 2nd stage compressor failures and even some unexplained engine rundowns. In my opinion they are shooting in the dark trying to find solutions. I have not heard of too many GE representatives assigned to find out the underlying causes of these issues, and GE makes a damn fine jet engine, IMHO.

Pay is not bad. We are paid in Chinese RMB and it is steadily gaining strength against the dollar. When I started it was 6.84/$, now it is 6.66 and getting even better. Who knows what the situation will be like in 2 years, but for now it is an ideal currency to be paid in. Moving the money out of the country has proven troublesome, though there are some solutions. On average, I make about $11-12k/ month all in as a PICC. It could be better, but it is certainly a lot worse in many other airlines.

The PICC title took some getting used to. It started out as a demeaning position because I used to fly as a 747 Captain, but I am flying more and asking for sectors in the LH seat whenever I fly with a training captain, so my outlook has improved somewhat. Jade is just now upgrading some PICCs and some FOs with previous PIC experience. What really irks me though is the training bond they are holding over the guys. What cheap asses! If the place was an airline where people wanted to have a career, no bond would be required. UPS, FedEx, etc. don’t hold training bonds over their pilot’s heads.

In summary, there are many pros and cons working at Jade Cargo. The pros are that LH has a long-term management contract that should ensure our viability and job security. Routes are expanding and there is finally some movement within the ranks with the recent upgrade classes. In addition, we are now going through the CATII proving stages with somewhat higher mins, but they should be lowered soon. Net pay is not bad, but we have to work for it.

The cons are having to deal with the CAAC and Chinese culture in general. The authorities are absolutely paranoid and resort to bizarre check requirements and conditions whenever an incident or accident occurs (i.e. after the Hudson River ditching we had to practice ditching exercises in a 747 sim, we now have to send an email to 3 different email addresses stating we are "fit for flight" before every trip, etc…). In addition, many within the pilot group have developed a bad distaste for the CP, and are counting the days until he retires. The contract seems to be manipulated in the company’s favor whenever there is a gray area subject to interpretation. Crew rest is also lacking the standards as set forth in JAR regulations. Finally, the long commute is wearing on guy’s nerves. Jade pays for 6 tickets a year in coach so the 20/X back to back (40 days ON/ 20-22 days OFF minus 3 travel days) is the best solution for many of us. It is also questionable whether Jade will ever become a truly big freight airline, such as the aforementioned UPS or FedEx.

Speaking of which, if FedEx or UPS calls today I will be gone tomorrow… ;)

Jaz and the Fat Man
22nd Nov 2010, 06:13
DT747, an excellent write up about Jade and I would think it would cover most of the jobs in China. I too felt having the picc title to be demeaning as it's the cp's opinion that the picc's have only one purpose with Jade, and that is to babysit the aircraft so the "Pilots" can get rest. There is only one reason Jade has picc's, and that is to save money. The Government requires an extra, full PIC when a heavy crew is required and regards picc's as full pic's and all the checks are done accordingly.

With that bit of a whine out of the way, I get a pretty good chunk of change in the bank every month for just being a babysitter and I've come to the conclusion that it isn't really that big a deal.

For those that are interviewing in December, I think we'll be chatting on tuesday. It's not an easy interview by any means so if you're going to come all this way, be prepared.

newscaster
30th Nov 2010, 20:57
Lufthansa are said to be dumping Jade and soon, can anyone confirm this.

Jaz and the Fat Man
1st Dec 2010, 13:34
Actually, I did hear something like that. But I heard that since Jade Cargo is making so much money, Lufthansa is considering "dumping" the Lufthansa Cargo division and just having Jade do all the cargo business.......

PS. Jade is hiring, so any cargo pilots in Germany that might be on the street soon......:eek:

C'mon, stop spreading rumors. Jade isn't a risk to Lufthansa, it's a small part. Ease up a bit.:=

volare_737
3rd Dec 2010, 01:14
Quick question. How much Tax can one expect to pay on an FO salary at Jade ?

Jaz and the Fat Man
3rd Dec 2010, 11:40
Approximately 18,000 RMB per month

volare_737
3rd Dec 2010, 22:03
Thanks - so is it fair to say if one does about 75 hours you get out after Tax about 54000 or there abouts ?

Jaz and the Fat Man
4th Dec 2010, 02:01
It's difficult to say as your pay grade changes with your experience level, whether you live in China or commute etc.... To give you a ballpark idea make it 65,000 RMB give or take 10,000. The min guarantee is 80 hours a month....

volare_737
9th Dec 2010, 01:50
the 65000 would that be without allowances ?

Donkey Duke
14th Dec 2010, 21:59
Are there set routes at Jade? (rosters) How long is a typical trip, and where are the layovers? Cheers!

Jaz and the Fat Man
19th Dec 2010, 04:09
Check the Jade website. Jade Cargo International - Flight Schedules (http://www.jadecargo.com/FlightSchedules/tabid/61/Default.aspx)

Overnights BCN, FRA, AMS, DXB, PVG, SZX and sometimes LUX

Duty days run between 17-20 hrs. Sometimes longer.

Domestic inside China would be much less.

Huntair2
10th Jan 2011, 08:21
Hi. Can anyone confirm the rumour that South African passport holders can not be employed by Chinese airlines. Something to do with the issuing of airport security passes - we are bad people apparently.

I understand there are currently a few fellow South Africans with Jade but apparently this rule has been recently introduced which precludes further recruitment by any airline.

Does anyone know if there is a way round this bearing in mind that many of us do not qualify for other passports.

Thanks.

AviatorJack
20th Jan 2011, 13:10
Any feedback from the December screenings for those that attended?

skyryder
22nd Jan 2011, 18:58
The type of roster you fly is greatly influenced by the type of contract you sign. A commuter can expect to be on the road for about 20 days out of the month, of course depending on when your days off fall you could be away for as much as 40 days. You are allowed to REQUEST your days off, but there is absolutely no guarantee they will be granted.
The hotels are pretty good to very nice in all the cities where there are "normal" layovers. Of course there are always a few glitches in the system. You can expect to D/H 3-5 times a month and the current guarantee of 80 hrs, is NOT A CONTRACTUAL guarantee, but has been in effective for the last year.
An average day is 12-15 flights hours and 16-20 hrs of duty with 2 sectors. This is normally with a 3 pilot crew when it is allowed by regulation.
As with any cargo operation, the roster is subject to change and delays are not uncommon.
As has been announced, the CEO is leaving to accept a position on the BOD of Lufthansa, and his replacement has yet to be named.
The salaries noted in the contract are BEFORE taxes and paid in RMB, which can be problematic at times. You can expect to pay an effective tax rate of 24-40% (the higher number is only with a lot of overtime flying), and the allowances are not taxed.

upspeed
28th Jan 2011, 07:17
As it turns out the company is only offering resident contracts from now on. I did the Dec Screening, passed, and now they are saying that no commuting anymore for new joiners.

Anybody else in the same situation?

Cheers,

Upspeed.

AviatorJack
28th Jan 2011, 10:34
How was the screening?

732Driver
13th Feb 2011, 15:02
Anyone considering coming here be sure you do your research and talk to someone that works here. Moral is sinking to new lows daily.

The company is currently at a point where many 3-contracts (and bonds) will be up and many are expecting a rather large exodus within the next months as this begins to happen. It was become so desperate for the company, that they are now even bonding loyal, current, long-term employees when they are given their upgrades. 120,000-128,000RMB is what the bond is, and an additional 3 years of commitment.

Sure, whatever, another bond to be a PIC on a 744 sounds fine, right? But think about this: what does it say about a company and how they treat their employees when they must bond current and loyal pilots? Really think about it.

Yes, the days are long, the sectors are mostly 2, sometimes 3 PER DAY with minimum rest and deadheads surrounding the trips. One often wonders and grumbles about this (does anyone else fly this way??) and in the end, yes, it is all legal.

The pay is good, but at the end of the day, when a pilot is treated as an expendable machine "because we earn so much", one must wonder if it is really worth it. Medical checks are often failed, due largely in part to our declining health over the months and years. Health and family life suffer (a lot), extreme fatigue is common to the point where many believe safety is an issue. In a cargo only airline, $hould $afety $till come fir$t?

Jade Cargo is planning on network expansion. The US market is recovering, more and more airlines are hiring and also upping their salaries to meet the higher standard that has been set in Asia. If Jade Cargo wants to grow, remain competitive as an employer, retain it's employees and attract new ones, the company must come to terms with making this airline one that a pilot WANTS to work at, is PROUD of working at, and therefore will stay at on his own accord.

Until then, when the flood gates open and the water recedes, there may not be many of us left.

upspeed
27th Feb 2011, 22:30
I can not give a personal opinion for I do not work for them...at least yet...but I wouldn't say that the company lied to us...they did make it very clear at the end of the screening process that they we're giving preference for residents. So it was just a disapointment to know they are not offering commuting contracts at the moment. I sure hope that they will change their kinds on this in the near future.

Anybody else got offered a contract?

Cheers.

732Driver
14th Mar 2011, 10:36
Absolutely right. They don't tell you much, and usually not until you ask for it, and then it's definitely not in your favor. The deadheading thing here is really unbearable. May not sound that bad, but talk to anyone who is here and they'll tell you. 8-9 hours from SZX to PVG is common. Then it's 8 hours rest and off you go on a 2 leg trip to europe with another deadhead at the other end (immediately after you land), solid 18 hours duty with a few hours sleep before, if you were lucky and not too angry to even sleep.

Good luck to all who may come here. Last I heard was that the last 2 recruiting sessions resulted in ZERO new pilots at Jade. Hmmm, think about that one, management.

volare_737
2nd Apr 2011, 08:56
Hi there. Has anybody been on an interview lately and is willing to share some info about it ?
Thanks

jmc08
2nd Apr 2011, 19:16
how much you can earn after tax as FO? the numbers that they have on their website are after or before taxes?

Kind Regards

Jaz and the Fat Man
8th Apr 2011, 08:17
I just heard that Jade is calling guys up that interviewed last December, were not offered a commuting contract, are now being offered a commuting contract. I guess when nobody accepted the resident contract, they had to do something.

After tax pay for an FO, including the housing and per diem is right around 65,000 RMB. If you have a bond, you can subtract about 15000 RMB per month for 24 months and then they hold on to it until you complete your contract and give it back to you. Do they give you interest? No. Now these numbers are close but not exact so don't slam me if I'm off a couple hundred dollars.

They are interviewing again, good luck if you decide to make that choice.....

flyingklunzy
11th Apr 2011, 19:39
What are they actually looking for in terms of experience for FO's. Anyone been invited to the selection in May?

G.S. Willy
11th Apr 2011, 20:21
4000 hrs. and an ATPL with a valid Boeing or Airbus PIC typerating. Most candidates seem to have more than the minimum requirement, and are quite experienced. A recomendation from a Jade pilot is an advantage.

Jaz and the Fat Man
11th Apr 2011, 21:54
Minimum for an FO is:

1000 TT

First class med

ATPL no restrictions

Airbus or boeing type preferred but I know of many guy that got on without it.

Age 57 or older need b744 type.

The recommendation from a pilot really isnt necessary and I received a bad boy from the DO when I did recommend as was told they don't want outside influence. I still have the email. So who knows. Good luck.

G.S. Willy
12th Apr 2011, 07:47
I might have been mistaken about the requirements, and I cannot find them on the webpage any more.

A few weeks ago I received a mail from the company(and yes, I have a copy ;-), asking us to forward our recommendations of friends and former colleques. I did recommend two, and they both were called for screening, but that could be a coincidense since both are very experienced.

But I agree, reqruitement seems difficult these days, to the advantage for everybody with a license to fly.:D

Jaz and the Fat Man
12th Apr 2011, 08:07
I'm glad to hear that they are taking recommendations. Their attitude was more than a little negative about that before. Since the minimum requirements change all the time, I would say that if a person has some solid flying experience and not just some time on a C172, to do the online application. I got those minimums off the crew web and that was yesterday so probably still there. The only difference with the picc requirements was the need for 500 pic on a 25t a/c or more and 4000 hrs tt.

I know they need guys so if interested, give it a try. There are a few guys here that can give you some help prep for the interview when that time arrives. It's not a walk in the park and requires some prep. Good Luck!

volare_737
12th Apr 2011, 23:58
Hi all. I got an Interview coming up on the 16th of May. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be great !!!!!
Another question. Is there any change of an upgrade down the line ?
It's not much use going as an FO if there is no way of advancement.
Any toughts ????

Jaz and the Fat Man
13th Apr 2011, 01:35
Congratulations on the interview and if you PM me, I'll be happy to discuss what I remember about the interview. As far as upgrade, in this business, everything is subject to change at anytime. When I joined, there was no upgrade but now there is and they have upgraded a couple guys BUT, the chance to upgrade as an FO is very difficult if not impossible. I've heard that several FO's have resigned in the past couple months because of this. Jade has made the effort but the caac is putting up the wall. If you're coming to Jade for a few years experience and some pretty good pay, then great. If you have dreams of coming as an FO and retiring as a Captain, you might be disillusioned. However, as I mentioned, change could happen anytime.

skyryder
16th Apr 2011, 09:28
I would agree with most of what been said here. There are a couple of things that haven't been mentioned. Let's face it with 130 pilots and six aircraft, it will be a LONG time to upgrade unless they add to the fleet. Also right now, as far as I know, no one has made the transition from F/O to Capt. All the upgraded pilots are from the PICC ranks with prior PIC time in "large" aircraft. Unless there is some major changes in the CAAC regs and interpretation of those regs it will remain an uphill struggle to move from F/O to Capt.
They have just released a "new" Employment Agreement, and I suspect that all new pilots will have to sign it. If I were offered an contract, I would read carefully the agreement with the point of view that every thing will be done to enhance the company's position as it pertains to the agreement. In other words, it will be interpreted to the company's benefit in every way. I have also heard that they are doing everything possible to not offer commuting contracts at this time, so be aware of that as well.
There is a new CEO, but he has only been in place for 2 weeks, so hard to know what he will bring to the table. I know the article about seeking additional capital has caused some concern, but I am under the impression that the current shareholders have infused the desired amount of capital into the company recently.
There have been a number of F/O's resign recently because of the inability to upgrade, and I suspect that trend to continue in the near future. Many of them have recently completed the 3 year contract and are moving on to places they will have a shot at Capt in the forseeable future.
Now for the good part. The guys are great to work with and it is a diverse group, the job itself is not an easy one, because they tend to go to the max hours/sectors allowed and there a lot of long days.
I do suspect they will be screening for a while as they continue to lose pilots to other operators. The monetary advantage Jade offered 3-4 years ago is eroding quickly as others offer contracts with as much money and better (sic) working conditions.
The earlier poster is correct, the screening is not something to be taken lightly, and while part of it is not something you can study for, it is important to be ready to take the CAAC ATPL exam. I would also say that given the recent scrutiny of logbooks, etc. one should have their paperwork in good order and be able to "certify" their experience. I hope this helps give a little perspective, but remember it is only my opinion.

Jaz and the Fat Man
16th Apr 2011, 11:26
I'd say Sky hit the nail on the head with the exception of the uphill struggle to move from an FO position to Captain. It's will be that and more, in fact I seriously doubt it will happen any time soon. But, depending on where you're coming from, and if you can spare 3 years out of your life, the pay is great for an FO, compared to working at a commuter in the USA. The experience is good, plus after this, every job will be a piece of cake. Again, it's just my opinion.

jmc08
16th Apr 2011, 17:06
hi,does anyone can explain how is the interview process?and what kind of questions do you expect to get?

regards

jmc08
7th May 2011, 20:35
volare 737 check you pm

volare_737
7th May 2011, 22:36
I did JMC - nothing in there my friend

jmc08
8th May 2011, 13:18
do it again sorry!!!!

Axum
12th Jun 2011, 06:52
Just make it clear please, do the PIC and FO make the landings and not PICC?
How is the life in Shanzen? Is it good for the family?

Flaps99
12th Jun 2011, 09:06
Can anyone please comment on the pay they published, whether the flight pay guaranteed of 65 hours is including the basic? or is it the basic plus the figure of the guaranteed hours, +- 100000 RMB. ?
its a bit confusing.
Cheers

RG500
29th Jun 2011, 04:56
flylikeaneagle, you seem to like dealing in rumors and hearsay. Any proof to your statement about your last post?

skyryder
5th Jul 2011, 08:24
I personally try to stay away from rumors, etc. As for the motivational issue, well I guess everyone has their reasons, mine is to try and give some people who may be interested some insight into the place. Maybe others will respond as to their reasons.
Frankly, anyone who makes a life changing decision based upon what someone posts on an anonymous internet forum isn't the best and brightest anyway. That said, there is some information here that you won't get in a screening, or that maybe will allow someone to ask informed questions before they commit to joining a company.
About the PICC's making landings, all the pilots make landings. Everyone is required to maintain currency, the PICC's fly from the right seat.
The salaries quoted are BEFORE taxes, when they say the the company pays the tax it is a true statement, literally. The company withholds the money from your check and pays the tax for you, the Chinese tax rates vary depending on how much you make. I would say the average is somewhere between 25-35% of "taxable salary". Housing allowance, medical insurance, per diem, etc are excluded. Currently, the guarantee is 80 hrs, although this is something that could change at any moment, as the contract does specify a 65 hr guarantee.
According to the central gov't, Shenzhen is now the most expensive place to live in the PRC. They recently raised the minimum wage in the region to compensate.
About the screening, I am not sure it is something you can prepare for, except to be ready to take the CAAC ATPL exam. If you try to "scam" the psyche exam, I would be shocked if you make it to the second phase. The sim profile is pretty standard and they are just looking to make sure your "experience" matches your performance level. The medical is to put it lightly is a "life experience" to say the least.
At the end of the day, you need to realize that you are a foreigner, working in a foreign country that probably has many different cultural aspects than what you are accustomed. You will not change the way they do business, you need to adapt or not come in the first place. That doesn't mean that it is impossible to make some constructive changes, just that change moves at the speed of cold molasses. :ugh:

AviatorJack
5th Jul 2011, 14:36
Nicely said Skyryder. That was informative and instructive, cheers.

Just a question though, I applied appoximately 6 months ago and so far heard nothing. I updated my application around 3 weeks ago. So I suppose either I haven't been considered or they are not taking on FO's right now?

Talon1
22nd Aug 2011, 14:41
Anything new at Jade? Hiring, firing, leaving at will....pilot moral?
Are they still offering commuting contracts? Still little to no chance of an upgrade?
They say no news is good news...or is there just no one left to spill the beans. Any new FO's willing to share some gen? Sitting on the fence about putting in an application so any heads up gen will be appreciated.

freightdog73
26th Aug 2011, 15:52
Hi,
I´m also interested If there are some news...Nice to know would be If there are plans for European bases and If not,maybe somebody here who can tell me if living in Germany,if there is a possibility to commute or get active flights from FRA or LEJ to get a reasonable time off at home? Also,how much net would be left per month in EUR or USD,including all allowances and per diem?
Thank you!

Jaz and the Fat Man
26th Aug 2011, 16:16
As with any airline, there is always the highs and lows and currently Jade is trying to make things better to stem the loss of pilots. The best thing about Jade, the training is fairly short, in comparison with other Chinese companies, the pay is pretty good, as for an FO, the in the bank amount is around 10K USD and for a PICC, it's around 11K USD. Don't ask me for a break down, that's in the pocket total. FO's upgrading, they are trying but the Government keeps putting up a wall. Some of the PICC's have upgraded recently. Since things have been at a kind of low, it's probably not a bad time, if you've been considering, as there is no doubt the conditions will start to improve. Right now, expect 10 days off per month in a row and that's burning two days vacation. There is not any base other than Shenzhen however, they have been good about giving guys living in Europe, the opportunity to start and stop there. If you're living in FRA, you might get off in AMS or FRA, it's a toss up but they do work with you and since there has been quite a few guys leave, I'm thinking they might try just a bit harder. However, with that said, I've put enough time in there and listened to empty promises, I'm not going to hang around any longer than the next decent job offer. But that's me, not the pilot group as a whole, which is probably happy in their own way.

freightdog73
27th Aug 2011, 16:10
Thanx Jaz,for the quick reply!
In an earlier post you said,that somebody from Germany could count on 15 days at home per month,is this still the case,and if yes also for new-joiners?
Greetings...

skyryder
3rd Sep 2011, 09:06
A. Jack and Talon,

I am not sure about recruiting for F/O's. I know they are conducting a screening in FRA this month (as per the web site) and I know they are focusing on pilots with type or at least time on the airplane. I suspect this is to curb the training time to the line and also deal with the inability to upgrade issue.
I am not sure if the moronic action the idiot at Juneyao just pulled is going to affect the ability to employ foreign pilots on a nationwide scale or not. It is a tight spot for sure. I heard that the number of citizen pilots that are not under contract to a national carrier is a really small number, and the airline industry continues to grow. I know the CAAC wants to make a statement about how things will be done in China, but I also know that if they make it too hard, the industry will suffer.
Anyway, the truth is that a number of pilots have left Jade, and are continuing to leave. Most of the guys that work at Jade do/will have other options and as their contracts expire will have to make a decision as what to do.
Most of those who have left have been F/O's that were told when they joined they would be able to upgrade. Recently a number of PIC's have left as well, mostly because of working conditions (or lack thereof) and the fact the compensation package has stagnated. There maybe some increases coming soon, but that is all speculation.
The roster has gotten a lot more stable and there is currently a new flight management staff in place. The Chief Pilot has some experience in this type of operation which is cause for hope as he is the first to have experience.
Just so there is no confusion, there is not now, nor will there be (IMHO) a domicile anywhere outside of China. What IS in place is a rostering package that allows a pilot to begin and end the block days off in one of the European destinations and rostering will try to work with you to make the city closest to your home (if you live in Europe or want to commute across the Atlantic).
Jade has rationalized its route structure, which has made for fewer enroute delays and more reliability. However, the next 3-4 months are going to be a real challenge for the rostering staff as well as the pilot group. The pilot losses are at the critical stage, at least that is my opinion and the increased flying heading into the Western holiday season is going to put a strain on resources.
If you are interested, put in the paper, follow it up and stay on them. However, come here with eyes wide open. The Chinese society has a way of doing things that has "worked" for them for centuries. They are not likely to change to accommodate a small group of "temporary" workers, no matter how much "we" think they need to change. If you can't live with that, then do yourself a favor and stay away. If you can, you may find yourself working with a good bunch of guys, in a very interesting part of the world. For sure, the word "boring" will rarely enter your lexicon.
One more thing, for the most part, these are just my opinions, and I am sure that you all are aware of the similarities of opinions with a certain body part. Proceed at your own peril.

Sky

Nalid
1st Oct 2011, 19:59
Hi Guys, these posts have been very helpful. I have a quick qu about the pilot screening day for FO's in November. What is the latest? I have noted that many have commented it is no walk through, I am mainly concerned about what type of ATP qu and technical qu's. Please feel free to PM me
Cheers

G.S. Willy
30th Dec 2011, 08:28
Flylikeaneagle.
Why don't you get another job?, if Jade is so terrible, vote with your feet and walk away.
Can it be that you cannot find a job that pays the same money, or gives you better T&C?

You are posting internal mails on a public website, In my book that is illoyal.
I would like to keep my job at Jade, please don't contribute to making that more difficult by dragging the name of the company further into the dirt.

I try to focus on the positive aspects of my job, and life in general, it makes my day so much more enjoyable. :ok:

gtf
30th Dec 2011, 10:06
You are posting internal mails on a public website, In my book that is illoyal.

Everyone can tell the fleet is grounded.
Lufty said publicly they wanted an agreement over cash infusion before the end of the year.

Nothing in his post was surprising, it was clear it was coming.

He is no more disloyal than a company that isn't informing its customers of what's going on.

Let's hope an agreement can be found.

SWBKCB
30th Dec 2011, 10:51
Now being reported by Flight:

Struggling Jade Cargo forced to ground 747 fleet (http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/struggling-jade-cargo-forced-to-ground-747-fleet-366434/)

purple head
30th Dec 2011, 13:48
¹úÄÚÊ×¼ÒºÏ×Ê»õÔ˺½¿Õ¹«Ë¾Íâ·½¹É¶«ÃÈÉúÍËÒâ (http://news.carnoc.com/list/209/209463.html)

Rough translation using google.

As Europe's largest aviation group, Lufthansa (Deutsche Lufthansa AG) is preparing to exit the Chinese market. Lufthansa subsidiary Lufthansa Cargo CEO Ga Nate has a logistics conference in Frankfurt, said that because the face price war, companies face of competitors, may have to opt out of the Chinese market.

It is understood that, within the meaning of Lufthansa Cargo joint venture enterprise that is the first domestic cargo airlines - Jade Cargo International Co., Ltd. (Jade Cargo International Airlines Co., Ltd., Referred to as "Jade Cargo"), a company owned by Lufthansa German investment and development company and a joint venture between Shenzhen Airlines, three were holding 25%, 24% and 51%. Currently, Germany is working with British Airways, Lufthansa and British Airways Virgin Atlantic to discuss matters relating to transfer of ownership.

Jade Cargo sailing since, and did not meet the expectations of the German Lufthansa, according to the news, "the expected revenue is less than one-fifth, and encounter difficulties in financing."

Lufthansa, Germany suffered its own financial difficulties, also contributed to the contraction of the front as soon as possible. It is understood the company's third quarter operating income of 4.94 billion euros, down over 21%. Germany's Lufthansa Group hopes to 2013, business spending will be cut 1.5 billion euros.

Industry: Domestic flight prices or the opportunity to buy a head start can be

Than-expected earnings caused by Jade Cargo is mainly due to weak global economy. World Trade Organization (WTO) data show that the debt crisis hit the global economy suffered this year, global trade is expected to grow 5.8%, compared with 14.1% increase in 2010 reduced by 7.3 percentage points.

China's air cargo market is not optimistic about the statistics from the Civil Aviation Authority, cargo and mail turnover in November declined by 9.8%, and 1-11 months, the cumulative decline of 3.4%.

Among them, the largest decrease in international routes, cargo and mail turnover in November declined by 15.9% cumulative 1-November fell 5.6%.

Jade Cargo, one of the competitors, Cathay Pacific Airways Limited of Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific Airways Limited, referred to as "Cathay Pacific"), also said that the Mainland and Hong Kong's air cargo demand continues to decline, the company's cargo in October fell by 17.5%.

The industry believes that the lack of funds in the international aviation giants had to shrink the front when the opportunity to buy the domestic flight prices can expand the market share for a head start when the market recovers.

flylikeaneagle
30th Dec 2011, 17:19
Lufthansa (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-30/lufthansa-s-jade-cargo-venture-grounded-amid-talks-boersen-says.html)

CFM_56
1st Jan 2012, 14:12
From the horse's mouth, Jade Cargo will cease operations as of January 16th. They are seeking to sell assets to British Airways.

Regards to all

RG500
1st Jan 2012, 18:21
Not sure what horse you're talking to, but you've got some dated and incorrect information. New schedules were just issued (Jan. 1) with departures starting out of SZX on the 16th. With regards to BA purchasing Jade, that seems implausible as they already have GSS operating on their behalf.

Non Zero
4th Jan 2012, 09:06
What's going on in Mather land China ...

Jade Cargo suspends operations | ATWOnline (http://atwonline.com/airline-finance-data/news/jade-cargo-suspends-operations-0103)

is Jade just the beginning or an isolated case?

sodapop
7th Jan 2012, 05:46
Dalian

The airline is expected to commence operations with a fleet of three Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

Therefore hauling cargo in the holds of passenger aircraft as is standard practice. 3 737s is hardly competition for Jade, especially in Shenzen. Not to mention that Jade flies China-Europe.

sodapop
8th Jan 2012, 08:33
To me, Dalian sounds like another regional China airline which will have no impact on Jade operations. Air China already has its own cargo project. I think the real issue is whether or not Jade can secure new capital to ensure continued ops. Again, 737-800s, and what little they can carry in the holds, are not competition for Jade or any other cargo only airline.

ScootCargoOps
13th Jan 2012, 10:09
With the current economic drop and the two investing carriers already flying similar routes China/Europe etc why dilute already dropping yields. This could just be an easy option rather than making loses on every sector. When/if the economy picks up Jade with be back in the air. Thats the way i see it.

Chicken_Little
4th Apr 2012, 20:23
New schedules were issued Jan01, Feb01, Mar01, Apr01......
Guess what?????

Still grounded, no decisions, no reliable information, no $$$......

Very soon, no Pilots!

skyryder
7th Apr 2012, 07:52
I was told by a "reliable source" that the employees were paid their March salaries yesterday, about 9-10 days late.
I don't think the question is if if the airplanes will fly again, it is more a question of when. I can't imagine that 6 747-400ERF's that are practically new and registered in China will sit for too much longer. I am less sure that they will still bear the Jade logo.
It is my opinion only, that the transaction to transfer ownership of the company to Unitop has gotten bogged down in the details that were not spelled out in the MOU that was signed.
I was also told that a number of pilots have submitted resignations and either have or will be leaving soon. Given the difficulty of recruiting pilots to come to China, I suspect there are many other Chinese carriers hoping to recruit these pilots to join up.

WYOMINGPILOT
29th May 2012, 01:53
Jade is all but dead at this point. The CEO has stopped paying the pilots. Pilots are jumping ship like flies. Sad end to a once great career.

wassthaa
31st May 2012, 06:49
All A/C still parked at PVG.

31st May 2012, 08:53
"great career" ???? You gotta be kidding..

GlueBall
1st Jun 2012, 07:06
When Lufty pulls the plug, the lights go out.:{

CargoMatatu
1st Jun 2012, 09:16
Didn't UniTop buy-out LH's share?

I thought the world was waiting for a decision from them whether they were going to operate the aircraft or consider other options.

DoctorNo
5th Jun 2012, 02:23
Looks like this is the end for Jade.

Jade Cargo may be liquidated as China (http://atwonline.com/airline-finance-data/news/jade-cargo-may-be-liquidated-china-s-unitop-abandons-restructuring-plan-06?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AtwDailyNews+%28ATW+Daily+News%29&Issue=ATW-04_20120605_ATW-04_931&NL=ATW-04&YM_RID=chalkspilot%40yahoo.com&YM_MID=1316927)

Brian304
19th Jun 2012, 13:16
No option for Jade, they've filed for liquidation already and its bye bye to the operation...

hailstone
16th Sep 2015, 10:12
Jade Cargo to Auction Three Boeing 747-400Fs on Oct. 26 (http://www.wcarn.com/news/47/47228.html)

makes you wonder if the asking price for planes that have been inactive for almost 4 years is realistic at almost USD 200 Million a piece.....

Jade Cargo International will auction three Boeing 747-400 freighters at a starting price of 1.32 billion yuan each on Oct. 26, according to an announcement by Shenzhen Jiajintai Auction Co., Ltd. on Sep. 9.

The auction will take place at Action Hall of Shenzhen Auction Co., Ltd., on the 7th floor of Yinli Building, No. 1, Road Hongli, Futian District, Shenzhen.

Jade Cargo will start the bidding at 1.32 billion yuan for the three 747-400Fs (including 11 engines) - Registration B-2421 (including 3 GE CF680C2B5F engines), B-2422 (including 4 GE CF680C2B5F engines) and B2423 (including 4 GE CF680C2B5F engines).

Jade Cargo was established in October 2004 as a joint venture between Shenzhen Airlines (51%), Lufthansa (25%) and German development finance institute DEG (24%), with its base at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (SZX). It officially announced the closure of the company and the start of liquidation proceedings effective June 4, 2012.

Jade Cargo had faced continuous financial difficulties since its foundation. It flew its last scheduled flight on Dec. 25, 2011 and grounded its fleet on Dec. 31, 2011. The cargo carrier signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with UniTop on its restructuring in Feb. 2012. However, UniTop withdrew its LOI for the restructuring plans late in May 2012.

Tank2Engine
22nd Sep 2015, 09:50
makes you wonder if the asking price for planes that have been inactive for almost 4 years is realistic at almost USD 200 Million a piece.....True, $200 million per aircraft is a lot of money, but don't forget that the 747F could potentially be a dying breed.

The last 747-8F's will be in final assembly soon, and with no new orders announced and an uncertain economy, could it be that Boeing might pull the plug on the entire 747 program and concentrate on the 777X and 787?

Second hand 747F's could become a rare and very sought-after aircraft for 747F carriers who want the capability for over-sized loads and want to keep fleet commonality.

Perhaps the Chinese can sell them to another European airline that wants to open up a joint venture in China? What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Jade Cargo Freighters to be Auctioned Next Month - CargoForwarder Global (http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2015/09/21/jade-cargo-freighters-to-be-auctioned-next-month/)

Failed experiment
Jade Cargo was established in October 2004 as a joint venture between Shenzhen Airlines (51%), Lufthansa (25%) and German development finance institute DEG (24%), with its base at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (SZX). It officially announced the closure of the company and the start of liquidation proceedings on June 4, 2012. :ouch: