PDA

View Full Version : Is there still a shortage of police/air ambulance pilots??

helimutt
30th Jan 2008, 12:13
Is there still a shortage of police/air ambulance pilots and if so, where is the best place to apply for these jobs. Is it better to contact each company individually like PAS or do they advertise somewhere in particular?

and no, it's not me wanting a move. Don't have the experience.

Bravo73
30th Jan 2008, 16:51
Flight International seems to carry most of the police ads.

It certainly had the last few from around the country.

HTH

just the driver
31st Jan 2008, 02:59
There are definitely jobs available. As previously mentioned, flight international carry the latest ads. My suggestion would be to send in a c.v. to all the main operators i.e. PAS, Bond and Premiair - it worked for me. Maybe someone will correct me, but I'm fairly sure they are all looking for people with the right skills (and necessary minimum experience of course!).

A number of direct employment police jobs also available last time I checked.

Brilliant Stuff
31st Jan 2008, 11:57
Yupp still looking for pilots. Floater, base and senior pilots are needed.

BolkowBill
9th Feb 2008, 10:32
There're several B105/Ec135 posts going at Bond by all accounts. CV to the Chief Pilot through the website is best bet - www.bondairservices.com (http://www.bondairservices.com) should get you there.
From the recent rumours they're particularly looking for someone around the northern end of the West country and someone in the northern West Midlands. I'm guessing it's necessarily vague to protect ongoing commercial negotiations but anyone with the relevant experience who is interested in working HEMS should definitely fire in their CV.
The 'relevant experience' criteria also seems to have reasonably flexible boundaries - interview and word-of-mouth recommendation can go a long way to overcoming what may be perceived (especially by the applicant) as a shortfall in experience.
Pretty much any ex-military 2000+ hr rotary pilot would be well within expectations and for those who have cut their teeth through the commercial world, it would all depend on depth and variety of experience but my recommendation would be to have a go and see what happens. You may always get some guidance on where to gain valuable experience if it's felt that one were not quite ready.

Hope that helps,
best of luck, BB