PDA

View Full Version : Wocka in Harlow/Roydon

ORAC
30th Jan 2008, 11:12
Just a quick hello to the Wocka that spent about 3-4 minutes doing a tight orbit between Roydon and Harlow just outside my office window. Not sure what over, there's nothing there on my map but the golf course, but nice to see/hear it anyway.

Green Flash
30th Jan 2008, 11:22
nothing there on my map but the golf course

ORAC
That's it! It's all those sandy bunkers, you see. Maybe Wockas are naturally attracted to sand? Lets face it, the poor s*ds havn't seen anything else for a while .....:sad:

Stay safe Wocks.

airborne_artist
30th Jan 2008, 11:42
I have it on good authority that the wokka had been sent there to do some recce in advance of a match this w/e.

Of particular interest was the drive off the fourth tee. Some doubt as to the exact line to be taken, and what club to choose as a result. :ok:

Lyneham Lad
30th Jan 2008, 16:46
I have it on good authority that the wokka had been sent there to do some recce in advance of a match this w/e.

Of particular interest was the drive off the fourth tee. Some doubt as to the exact line to be taken, and what club to choose as a result.

Scandal of mis-use of military helicopter. It has been reported that an Army twin-engined missile-carrying helicopter used it's secret laser-powered mapping and reconnaissance system to spy-out the line and distance of the fourth hole at the Harlow Golf Club this afternoon in order to give a leading Army officer (Admiral Jenkinson-Smythe) an unfair advantage for a forthcoming competition. Our brave reporter uncovered this scandal at great personal risk and when spotted in the Clubhouse bar by the Admiral's poodle (S/Sgt Daphne Dingle), only escaping unscathed by ordering double-gins all round and scarpering in the ensuing melee.

peterperfect
30th Jan 2008, 17:58
Lyneham Lad, you are right about the Daily Mirror, the latest edition's got a picture of a Norwegian Puma subtitled "4 Engined Navy Rescue Chopper Narrowly Avoids an Eagle on the short par 5" !
pp