PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough Operations Jobs?

ops_bodz
30th Jan 2008, 10:43
Hi all,

I'm getting fed up of my existing job in ops :ugh:, and im looking for a change. Im local ish to Farnborough and wondered if anyone had any info on companies there who might be recruiting.

With TAG and Gama being the two major based operators, I would appreicate info on them specifically. Whats the roster, job requirements, salary etc like? Good bunch?

Look forward to any info.

thanks.
O_B.

G-MILF
31st Jan 2008, 12:48
TAG and Gama are both reputable companies. I don't know too much about TAG as a company in terms of working for them but I do know someone that works for Gama.

Apparently they've just announced a big expansion and as such are looking to recruit Ops staff. Lots of aircraft joining the fleet over the next few months and there was a big advert in Flight recently.

There are obviously quite a few Operators at Farnborough but if you want a decent company that pays well has good benefits and what seems like some good career prospects coming up then I would say one of those two would be the guys to speak to.

If you want me to find out some more info for you about working conditions ie rosters etc at Gama then let me know and I can happily ask.

markwheety
31st Jan 2008, 18:03
I have been offered a job with Gama recently but turned it down due to change in circumstances and relocating to the area. Have been in the Biz Jet / Corporate Market for over 2 years now, I would say GAMA and TAG do have a very good reputation. TAG pays extremely well and GAMA also does although from what I can tell this is dependant on experience.

In terms of GAMA...

I was impressed at the interview, even more so that they dont have HR as such and thus all promotions, pay rewards are based on merit (and sweat) and there is room to move up the ladder if that is what you want. I was not impressed so much with the shifts but I am basing my opinion on what was in placed 3 months ago and it might have changed since then...

It is a good company that is growing FAST and over a course of a few weeks have seen many pilots and cabin from my previous company go over the hill to GAMA to fly the aircraft.

However, dont be fooled it is a company that you need to work very hard for and overtime is not paid (as far as I am aware from what I was told) but like many if not all companies in the Bizjet industry you are required to help out when needed without hesitation.

Have a few pilot mates who work for TAG also and they have commented on the good treatment of the OPS Bodies and how they almost get the same terms and conditions as the pilots... Now that I would like to see!!!!

W.

Nadeem I Siddiqui
8th Feb 2008, 11:47
Hi There

I have both FAA and ICAO DIS LICS,
but right now jobless
do u have any clue
regrds
nadeem

ops_slave
12th Feb 2008, 09:39
Hi there

I cant really say too much about TAG as I dont know them, but I have recently been to interview at Gama too so will gladly share what i found out.

Seems like a very good set up indeed. Nice offices and great fleet with varied and changable destinations! Ambulance work seems to keep them entertained too.

People were nice and friendly, seems a laid back, but obviously hard working team. Certianly whilst I was being interviewed the bods in the ops team were getting on with quite a few phone calls and having a joke amongst themsevles too - something i hope to be a part off in the not to distant future!

Roster has recently changed - they now have a roster published 3 months in advance, 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, with 2 days 2 nights. it works like some airlines ive been to whereby in 10 weeks you work 8 weeks of 4 on 4 off and then 2 weeks of cover.

money seemed to be in line with others too if not slightly better. with their recent expansion plans announced and investment i did get a fuzzy feeling about this lot, so am waiting for a call!

good luck finding a job.

Ops_Slave.

luigi_m_
12th Feb 2008, 17:45
What other jet/charter companies are based at Farnborough who are worth applying to, besides Tag and Gama?

enone
1st Mar 2008, 12:53
anyone know of trainnee ops jobs at glasgow or prestwick