PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope this really is a one-off case

GPMG
29th Jan 2008, 14:42
How many years behind bars do you think these toerags will get.
What's the betting that money will be wasted on their protection once they are released?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7215081.stm

The jury was told how Khan, of Alum Rock, intended to kidnap the soldier while on a night out, behead him in a lock-up garage and then release footage of the killing on the internet.

I won't bore you with 'what I'd like to do with them' dits, I'm sure you all have your own ideas.

mr fish
29th Jan 2008, 17:49
maybe its me being slightly old fasioned, but the bit that always sticks in my throat is the SURELY ITS TREASON bit, and don't give me the 'not a foreign power' copout:mad::mad:

Sven Sixtoo
29th Jan 2008, 21:02
It looks like conspiracy to murder, so presumably a life sentence is available.

Would be nice if we could deport them to almost anywhere else. We would probably be ahead of the game paying another state to lock them up on our behalf, and I strongly suspect that most countries have nastier jails than we do.

Unfortunately we abolished the death penalty for treason a few years back. Also not entirely sure that this fits the Treason Act (which was written in the 14th Century or thereabouts and must be one of the oldest Statutes in force.)

Sven

althenick
29th Jan 2008, 21:40
Would be nice if we could deport them to almost anywhere else. We would probably be ahead of the game paying another state to lock them up on our behalf, and I strongly suspect that most countries have nastier jails than we do.

Agreed, It would also be nice if the coutry in question were to try, convict, and hand out the punishment. It would be a true test of that country's stance on terrorism.

Odie
30th Jan 2008, 08:00
Agreed, It would also be nice if the coutry in question were to try, convict, and hand out the punishment. It would be a true test of that country's stance on terrorism.

There in lies a problem. Just about any country these :mad:s get extradited to would hold them up to be heroes. :rolleyes:

Zero feet, decending
30th Jan 2008, 08:27
Just drop them in a Para' reg't training camp and look the other way.:}
I'm sure no one important would miss them :E

Good exercise for the lads and save on on Tax £.

GPMG
30th Jan 2008, 08:44
Hmm I was thinking more in the way of Dartmoor during a Bootneck live firing excersise...Targets will fall when hit.

I was listening to the world service on the way into work today and it does worry me as to how the decent Muslims are being alienated by the media because of scum like these on trial. I hope we don't end up with the skinhead scum BNP types laughing at society saying 'see we told you so'.

Apparantly the emigration levels of white middle class English families is on the rise. I wonder why.