PDA

View Full Version : JetAlliance

Vanheden
29th Jan 2008, 12:07
I would appriciate some last minute info as I´m being interviewed for an F/O-position. What are the company´s T/C´s, outlook on the future, time to command etc. Anything relevant is of interest...

austrian71
30th Jan 2008, 21:22
crap company, if you have an option - take it, low salaries, low off days, captain earns on a cj eur 2.200.- net,fo - expect a couple of 100 euros a month, due to lack of crews that stay with them upgrade with 1500hrs on cj possibel, I suggest you to look for something better, time is good!

Kent BeTrue
31st Jan 2008, 10:59
Hi,

I would take a look at the real deal on offer and not the spoutings of somebody quite so bitter sounding.

If the upgrade to Captain on a CJ at 1500 hours is correct however, then I would have thought that would be a reason to join, not look elsewhere.

Otherwise, there are lots on offer so take a look at everything, but make sure you find the truth, and make your choice.

Good Luck

Captain Bluebear
1st Feb 2008, 06:54
@Vanheden

I´d agree with Kent be true. I know JetAlliance quite well and I do understand austrian71`s position because the t&cs aren`t all that great - you`d get a better pay somewhere else. Also there is a great chance that there`s a lot of work coming at you if you choose to go there (then again that varies a lot with seasonal demands...). But on the other hand management is slowly but surely recognising, that they ought to keep their people happy in order to keep them in the company, so there is an overall payrise (15%) in implentation right now as well as some significant improvements on the rostering (18/12 instead of 24/6 for most of the fleets). The pay still is at the lower end but you get to work in a good team and the upgrade chances are really great - start as lowtimer CJ2 F/O in may, get an F2000 (which again means mid-range fleet means a little more €) rating in November for example, or going from low timer to cpt. within 2 to 3 -years - it can happen ! It`s a company growing at a tremendous pace mate ! New Aircraft coming (and going) all the time. So expect things to ever be changing which can be a good thing or a bad thing: it will allways be a bit of a right time/right place/right face kind of thing and there isn`t really any guarantee for anything, but the chances are there and if you are flexible (and in this company this is not an empty word ;-) and get along with the team well you can work yourself up the line quite quikly...

Not sure if this helps you any. Tried to give a realistic insight of what to expect.

Also not sure of how much I stepped into the grey zone of confidental info and company loyalty. So just in case my boss reads this: I love you all and you are the best company one can possibly work for !!! http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/mpangel.gif

So I wish all the best whatever decision you make !
(Maybe you want to let me know how it went ?! - I´d appreciate that a great deal !)

p.s.: with low timer I mean fresh CPL / 200 hourish. And yes, 1500h and you are eligible for a CJ leaft seat.

pinguin51
1st Feb 2008, 08:16
Am on the "inside", and totally agree with Captain Bluebear.
There are certainly good opportunities if you are starting out and needing hours, and it is also a great team to work with in Vienna.
Good luck with the interview...

Captain Bluebear
5th Feb 2008, 19:13
vanheden ,

got any news for us nosy ppruners yet ?

rgds,
Captain Bluebear

EpsilonVaz
19th Mar 2008, 16:18
Any indications if they take on 250hr pilots?

ollycopter
6th Apr 2008, 18:46
Sure they do... Just gotta get through selection.. And be a good enough pilot... If you have no rating they will expect you to pay for a CJ rating over a three year period but it gets you started and its a very nice company to work for.. And Improving...

jetopa
7th Apr 2008, 10:24
If you already are considering to work for a company in a German speaking area, why not considering DC Aviation in Stuttgart? They're not gold but still a lot better than many other GA outfits and got interesting airplanes, a type-rating free of charge etc. There are already 2 Swedes working there (1 Capt., 1 F/O and 1 C/A), if that helps you to make up your mind.

For applications, either try this one: http://www.cirrusairlines.de/de/company/career/first_officer_business_jet_dc_aviation.html (which may save you from going through the assessment center;)) or this link: http://www.dc-aviation.com/index-en.php?page=d10000

Good luck!