PDA

View Full Version : ACMI, Wet/Dry Lease

AvEnthusiast
29th Jan 2008, 06:05
Dear Profs,

- I would like to know if some one can provide me with info regarding the cost, terms and condition of aircraft on ACMI, Wet/Dry Lease. Means I would like to know how much would it cost to have a B737-300 on ACMI, Wet and Dry lease. I know it will depend on many issues, such as the country, routes, cycles and hours gauranteed, matual benefits and many more. But just to have an idea more less. Rough estimations can help.

- and also a C-check varies, but normally how mcuh a general C-check would cost?

- and how mcuh the Insurance of B737-300 would cost? for a developing country

Regards,
AvEnthusiast

The Real Slim Shady
29th Jan 2008, 09:43
You have too many variables to account for to give you any numbers that would be even close to reality.

Location, credit history, monthly block hours and market availability all come to in play.

AvEnthusiast
30th Jan 2008, 04:11
Dears,

Let's say for a country such as Afghanistan with the following specifications:

Route:

Origin Destination Distance/NM
Kabul-Herat 450
Kabul-Mazar 200
Kabul-Sharjah 1050
Kabul-Tehran 1000
Kabul-Urumqi
Kabul-Dushanbe 310

Credit History: Startup LCC
Block Hours: 500hrs/month

I know there are still more to be taken into account, but any rough idea just to get closer.

Regards,
AvEnthusiast

StbdD
30th Jan 2008, 04:30
You have chosen the wrong airframe. There are many better for the role you propose. Have you researched them or are you just enamored with the 747-300?

The Real Slim Shady
30th Jan 2008, 08:04
Unless you have political underwriting for your venture your chances of finding lessors to work with you are minimal. The market for used aircraft is so tight at the moment that rates are hard and lessors are being very picky.

Equally your insurance will be punitive.

For the short sectors you would be better placed examining a high speed turboprop a la Q400; for the longer sectors you may wish to look at at the 757 or A321 which have 220+ seats and the fuel burns aren't much more than the 300.

Leasing costs run to around US$250K per month for the 321 / 757 with an appropriate weighting for the region ( heavy), ACMI would be in the region of US$3500 - US$4500 per block hour for 2 airframes with 250 hrs each, but that gain would be weighted for the area.

A late model Q400 will run at around US$150K per month on a dry lease; you could also look at the Avro RJ / 146 which has rates as low as US$75K per month dry but the maintenance can be crippling if you go with the manufacturer.