View Full Version : Gulf Air A320 FO Conditions

katooie
29th Jan 2008, 03:39
Anyone able to briefly tell me what conditions for A320 FO's are like?
Rosters - Overnights, hours flown per month?
Salary - Basic pay, housing and other allowances (are they adequate to live comfortably in Bahrain?)
Life in Bahrain - what it's like for a family, young kids etc

Thanks

Sal-e
29th Jan 2008, 05:26
Good, damn good. At least I think so.
Do a search on the latest contract conditions in this forum, you'll find plenty of information.
After paying rent, basically take home around 2900 BD/mth (7700US). Cost of living in Bahrain is reasonable. Cars and petrol are cheap, imported foods and goods are dearer but affordable. Schooling is expensive, what's given you barely does it depending on the age of your children and which school you'd like them enrolled in.
Great guys to fly with. Excellent standard of flying. Home nearly every night. Around 3-7 night stops and 50-80 hours/mth block.
Bahrain is small but lots to do for its size. People are friendly, you must try and make local friends.
All in all, as far as world airlines go, I give Gulf Air a 6.5-7/10 and as far as the Middle East is concerned, a 9/10.
Could someone elaborate?

SubsonicMortal
29th Jan 2008, 06:11
Sal-e, you are obviously on the elite fleets - longhaul. With the hours that we fly on the 320, the take home pay is no where near that amount.

As a single guy, my accommodation charge is BD600 per month. Subtract that from the total pay and it's a lot lower than your figures.

My average block hours for the last 3 months have been about 40 hours per month with about 3-4 night stops per month.

skywaytoheaven
29th Jan 2008, 06:51
If you hit 60 hours plus, you should get those figures. I did 75 hrs last month took home 3000 bhd after rent paid. They still gotta sort out this sleeping in the lounge crap though.

Sal-e
29th Jan 2008, 07:10
I am on the 320s. S/Mortal, I think if you started making requests to rostering, you'll start getting the flying and night stops that you desire (most of the time).
Don't forget, those that don't put in requests get the scraps. Having said that, the more requests rostering gets, obviously the less they are able to cater but they still try.

greendotspeed
29th Jan 2008, 09:38
Is GFA going to be interviewing pilots for the A320 soon?

Sal-e
29th Jan 2008, 10:06
I would imagine so. With all the news on new hardware, we'll be needing quite a few drivers me thinks.

brassplate
29th Jan 2008, 21:08
we don't get anywhere near your figures on the 76s sal! you been bribing rostering again? and without news on a timeline for fleet replacement, gf is not going to hire based on speculation.

katooie
29th Jan 2008, 21:23
Hey Sal-e and others,
Thanks for the info! I will check out the other posts as advised.
Hopefully see you in the sandpit sometime soon.

Cheers

BUSTRASH
30th Jan 2008, 18:04
Just did a online application. Anyone know how long it takes to get a interview.

greendotspeed
30th Jan 2008, 18:14
Dam long. I did mine late last year and still nothing. I even have a type rating and nothing. So I really cant say anything more.:ugh:

Good luck:ok:

Sal-e
30th Jan 2008, 22:40
Depends. I did an assessment last year and started training a month later and on line another month later.
Demand I guess at the time.