PDA

View Full Version : Are Qantas 747's being maintained?

c3pd
29th Jan 2008, 02:10
The recent QF2 scare on approach to Bangkok was a surprise too many flyers I'm sure, but talk is that electronics issues on the Qantas 747's are not unusual events.

When considering the safety record of this carrier, it is difficult to believe that a liquid barrier in the forward galley could not only be faulty and go unreplaced during major service, but also be causing issues on the ground at Heathrow prior to take off and still be accepted as ok by Qantas!

I personally have been dismayed, on recent QF trans-pacific flights, with the apparent lack of maintenance and upkeep of the economy cabins. Broken seats, trays and screens, ripped upholstery etc. If I walk into a restaurant and the dining room is untidy and unkept I immediately wonder about the state of the backroom area. And so to QF2, can a link with unkept cabins be made to possible lowered standards of other, more critical, maintenance?

As a Qantas and BA only flyer (with UA too if needed), my trust in Qantas maintenance has been dented. Are Qantas skimping on their 747's as they wait for the eventual replacement of them with A380's?:confused:

PAXboy
29th Jan 2008, 11:32
Welcome aboard c3pd.

The thread on the Qantas flight in question has all of the discussion. It is in Rumours & News and there are currently 287 posts in it. Whilst some will be less than helpful, all of the questions you ask are being debated there.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307604

c3pd
31st Jan 2008, 03:12
Cheers mate..new to the site, so still navigating. Will check out the thread.