PDA

View Full Version : A380 3d Cockpit photo

hogespa28
29th Jan 2008, 01:05
http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Up, down, left and right... Well worth a look

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Jan 2008, 01:57
Not all that different from up front in the Bonanza!

http://www.fototime.com/708840FA47ED4BC/standard.jpg

Dr :8

PS: .... but can you post on PPRuNe from the flightdeck of the A380?

Buster Hyman
29th Jan 2008, 02:22
What are those big knobs next to the throttles? (...and don't say the pilots!)

PS. Typically, we see a QF A330 in the background! Those marketing guys get that tail everywhere!:rolleyes:

JSM
29th Jan 2008, 02:30
Nice Big Brother cam in the roof....

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Jan 2008, 03:19
"Nice Big Brother cam in the roof...."

That's so U-Tube can be kept well supplied with video of the tech crew enjoying themselves with the trolly dollies!

boardpig
29th Jan 2008, 03:48
This is the trackball system for controlling the cursor on the FMC.

Capt Wally
29th Jan 2008, 03:54
.....geeeeeeeez Dr:8 that wide screen TV seem to look out of place there in the Bo !:) The main one looks sooooo large that it's almost full scale 1:1 when in map mode !...... hey bit slow in the crz there Dr. what's wrong can't? conserviing fuel there are we?......smaller carbon footprint !:) Yr cockpit looks more equipted than most A380's, certaintly more things placed at random !
The only thing that I dissliked about the Beech Bo's & barons was the silly control setup. Latter B58's where much better, did the A36 ever get a single column Dr?
CW:)

Capt Wally
29th Jan 2008, 04:07
So this is the 'office' of the future hey?..............even a fin mounted camera to get a tails eye view just in case you don't fit under that TS anvil !:) I love the way they still number each throttle lever 1 to 4, I guess the Capt of the future will come straight from cradle school to the sim center where basic numbering left to right is non longer taught, but maybe it's just in case some slipped thru the physco test !:bored:

A couple of stubby holders for @ pilot during long haul trips. & even a Karaoke Mic just behind the main stick, lets hope in a desperate moment the PF doesn't grab the wrong stick !:} Would have loved to see the faces of the pioneering pilots of years gone by, this modern day cockpit would have been beyond belief for them.

Buster Hyman
29th Jan 2008, 06:47
Ok...thanks BP.

Do they have cameras on the donks & wings? (Looking at I mean) Thats a pretty view for the punters, now we can all see the mountain ahead, but I'd think the other angles would be more 'constructive' for the crew...:confused:

Just a thought...

Maggott17
29th Jan 2008, 08:02
Why do airline manufacturers always put the vital displays RIGHT BEHIND THE JOYSTICK?

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Jan 2008, 08:58
Wal

Indicating 125 kts at FL140 (density height more like 16,000') at 2500rpm/full throttle. Didn't work out TAS but I was getting 158 kts GS so I was doing OK. Burning about 45L/hr.

Howard Hughes
29th Jan 2008, 09:02
I still only seem to get 2D on my computer screen...:{

PS: FTDK, why do you have a heart rate monitor attached to your finger? Or are you monitoring O2 levels?;)

Capt Wally
29th Jan 2008, 10:13
Christ Dr that's a looooong way to fall especially in a single mate !:)
I think HH might be right, at that height yr probably got all sorts of medico stuff hooked up to you to see how the body is handling it. How was yr Sat's levels?:)
Do you often go the other side of 1013? Yr TAS basicly would be whatever yr G/S was less the wind component, head or tail.
At FL 140 yr eng/airframe might be on it's limits as far as performance goes. I know (as well as HH would) that the B200 even tho is certified to 35K it's struggling to hold a decent IAS above say 30K, more suited to mid 20'sK. Every airframe has an 'ideal' eng/airframe effectiveness, curious as to what the Bo's is?
Nice machine tho, must keep an eye out for the Dr way up here !:)

Capt Wally
29th Jan 2008, 10:17
hey Dr clear ya PM's will ya...............am sure people want to know more about yr Bo, in a private nature that is !:}

Taildragger67
29th Jan 2008, 12:25
Buster,

The big grey boobie-things are wrist-rests for the track-ball. You don't have a mouse, so to move the cursor, you roll a ball around. This stops Capt Diddums's forearm from getting sore (given that it's frozen up after he had it so firmly wedged in his pocket when it came time to shell out for crew drinks in the last slip port :}). Trackballs have been used for years on things like teh Orion's tactical displays.

Maggot,

Vital displays (ie. PFD and engine) are in front of the drivers. It's an Airbus, ie. sidestick, so no column between the knees, so no obstruction. With the side CRT, that's in front of the sidestick, so from an eye-level position when actually seated in the pilot's seat, the CRT will not be obstructed by a hand on the stick. Nice little map of Blagnac on it, though.

Nice little HUD.

Buster,

Where's the QF tail? The only ones I can see are a LH and KL out the F/O's side and another 380 out the skipper's.

No clockwork standy-by instruments - still just wonder about the wisdom of this approach especially after the recent BKK 'incident'.

Doesn't seem as big as a 747 or 777...

Buster Hyman
29th Jan 2008, 20:13
Its between the LH/KL tails & the flynas.com aircraft, behind some buildings...zoom in.:ok:

Icarus53
29th Jan 2008, 22:16
Its between the LH/KL tails & the flynas.com aircraft, behind some buildings...zoom in

Struth - that's a good spot! Better eyes than me mate!

No clockwork standy-by instruments - still just wonder about the wisdom of this approach especially after the recent BKK 'incident'.

Not sure what clocks are going to do for you - they all suck juice from somewhere! If it's like ours, the ISI runs from a separate standby bus.

I'm wondering why they need two standby slip indicators? It appears the EADIs have slip indicators as you would expect, so two separate mechanical spares seems a bit superfluous???

Peter Fanelli
30th Jan 2008, 00:01
FTDK it seems you have some vacant real estate between the audio panel and the 430, can't you find something to go in there? :)

Taildragger67
30th Jan 2008, 14:42
Buster,

You clearly either have a surplus of time or very keen eyes, Grasshopper...

Icarus,

Indeed. So (and without wanting to do to death what's already been done)... a small venturi to power your gyro A/H, a fluid-filled turn-&-slip, an independent ASI... you already have a spirit compass and hopefully can rustle up a watch. You could even slide in a non-powered baro alti for good measure and you have the basic set.

Buster Hyman
30th Jan 2008, 21:00
Nah TD, just a lucky sighting. Although, I see the stitching on the FO's chair is irregular....

carro
2nd Feb 2008, 00:36
those seats look so uncomfortable and it looks like such a sterile cockpit...

Keith Myath
2nd Feb 2008, 07:45
TD67

Indeed. So (and without wanting to do to death what's already been done)... a small venturi to power your gyro A/H, a fluid-filled turn-&-slip, an independent ASI... you already have a spirit compass and hopefully can rustle up a watch. You could even slide in a non-powered baro alti for good measure and you have the basic set.

Throw in a sextant and you could probably make your way around the globe. However, landing in manual backup (no fly by wire available with no power), I'd rather you keep you standby instruments for your boeing and give the airbus a bloody great parachute. :ok: