PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar The Poacher

UNOME
28th Jan 2008, 07:43
The genius management team at Jetstar have just realized that poaching the main players from Tiger Airways will hobble the rising giant.

I hear the Chief Pilot,Training Manager, Ops Manager, along with almost every other Tiger pilot, has been offered a very desirable position within Jetstar. Even senior Tiger first officers have been offered DE commands in Jetstar. :confused:

Many of those contacted have been rejected outright during the selection process in the past, apparently they are now very acceptable.

Although... many of the Jetstar key players have never been though the selection process or in fact, have failed it, only to be given a management position.:cool:

Ethical? Not a philosophy associated with Jetstar management.:suspect:

ACMS
28th Jan 2008, 07:52
That's actually good isn't it?

It should drive up the wages a bit?

Nothing like supply and demand :ok:

fistfokker
28th Jan 2008, 08:05
Hi UNOME, nice to see you playing still. Remember Tiger started it by contacting many of our drivers first including our management and trainers and checkers. They probably would have gone too if a decent deal had been on the table.

I hear the Chief Pilot,Training Manager, Ops Manager, along with almost every other Tiger pilot, has been offered a very desirable position within Jetstar.

Great to see somebody not from J* acknowledge that J* offers very desirable opportunities.

Even senior Tiger first officers have been offered DE commands in Jetstar.

OOOOH. Not sure about this one. Last I heard there were only two first officers checked to line. Given that Tiger has only been in operation for 2 months, it doesn't take much to be "senior" does it. But, given that J* has a need for DECs, then if they meet the experience requirement, what is the big deal? But I do think you may be being a little mischievious.

Very clever J*. I wonder who thought of it?

Mat Finish
28th Jan 2008, 08:46
Tiger might poach Joyce.. there's a scary thought. Can't see why though, perhaps Aircraft could explain some possibilities.

Mat Finish
Never a shiny moment..:suspect:

airbusthreetwenty
28th Jan 2008, 10:42
bravo Mat... creative username and signature finish.

*boom tish*

:D:D

Cartmen
28th Jan 2008, 19:40
Are JetStar really taking DEC's?

I saw the 787 ad a while ago, but are there also DEC's onto the A320?

UNOME
28th Jan 2008, 22:55
Tiger has about 60 pilots now (many ex- AN personnel) and the "senior" FOs I was referring to are very high time airline pilots.

I can confirm that Capt A.C. is offering DECs to both Capt's and "senior" FOs from Tiger.

Apparently (both new recruits and recurrent training) Tiger pilots are also being fronted at the Tulla Sim center and offered deals.

Jetstar has also successfully recruited a number DECs from the South African recruitment safari. :sad:

The barrel is looking fairly bare! ;)

PS Fisty. Not being mischievous, just thought it was worth posting. :zzz:

nomorecatering
28th Jan 2008, 23:55
Not only Jetstar. I have it on good authority by someone who was at the Regional Airlines Association meeting that a very senior QFLink guy said to the REX equivalent," we are going to take all your pilots, starting with your best then to the worst".

rick.shaw
29th Jan 2008, 00:09
As if we haven't got enough bloody Yarpies in our country!

gondwalla
29th Jan 2008, 01:45
Despite the thread being locked I find the use of that word particularly inappropriate.

It is a word that has been long banned on this site, in general, and is particularly offensive in this context.

gondwalla is outa here.:mad:

Much Ado