PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom, Come-on?

Fishtailed
27th Jan 2008, 23:08
The wife says 'dont get technical', when we're watching dross but, hey, F15s air to air shots then Tornado in cockpit, THEN, Its the yanks flying Tonkas. Anything with 'planes in is OK for me but TRY to get it something like, ITV, please!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Jackonicko
27th Jan 2008, 23:17
F-16s becoming Tornados, if you want to get spotterish....:8

UpShutter
27th Jan 2008, 23:42
It's a work of fiction. The base's name, "RAF Fakenheath" was a bit of a clue.:)

El Mirador
28th Jan 2008, 06:23
Not to be taken seriously....great Sunday viewing and apparently they all had a fantastic time at Marham. Take it at face value!

Fishtailed
28th Jan 2008, 08:44
Sorry Jacko, the F15 was a typo after too many red wines, and I DID enjoy it, thought I recognised Marham aswell!

HallamPilot
28th Jan 2008, 09:03
I did a fair few stints of guard duty on the 'Main Gate' at 'RAF Fakenheath'! :p

breakscrew
28th Jan 2008, 10:47
I was just pleased to see some good airborne shots; didn't care which type it was.

danieloakworth
28th Jan 2008, 11:27
I like the porgramme, but last night was awful, not even an ounce of accuracy in it. Surprised the RAF PR guys allowed the boys to play, given that it gave the impression that we beat the crap out of places just for the fun of it.

El Mirador
28th Jan 2008, 15:00
Lordy!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you really think people will take it that seriously??? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I am sure people do not watch a Sunday night 'comedy' there's a clue, drama about a small market town Solicitor to see RAF accuracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and would you believe it....the coast is 25 miles away....not just around the corner!!! Outrage!
It was meant to be an American base anyway.

Variable Trim
28th Jan 2008, 15:57
Never mind the aircraft inconsistencies - what about the car ? A lovely piece of British engineering at its best :D - a shame they stopped making them in the late 60s. At least there's consistency there.

Fake Sealion
28th Jan 2008, 16:05
As soon as I saw the RAF Tornado bod waving from inside his USAF F-16 I saw this image in front of my eyes:ugh:

Said to Mrs FS - "Blimey, I bet someone is already composing a thread on Pprune!"

I was right - Mr Fishtail is the winner.

gar170
28th Jan 2008, 16:45
You all mean it wasn't real?. bloody hell you will be telling me that father christmas and the tooth fairy arent real next. :=

Maple 01
28th Jan 2008, 17:15
Do you really think people will take it that seriously???

Mrs M did, commenting on the 'typical arrogance' of Americans, how dare they fly so low bla bla bla – had a 10 min conversation about low-flying areas, ATC procedures (like I’d know anything about them) and how Imperialist Yankee flyers in reality are ‘good eggs’ etc, she still wasn’t convinced. She's a well educated intelligent woman but like many has few direct connections to the mil and happily believes what she is presented with in TV dramas as fact.

Now banter away at this point but there does seem to be a perception problem here and not just for Mrs M.

El Mirador
28th Jan 2008, 17:41
I'm shocked Maple....Poor Mrs M....for goodness sake...don't let her watch Emmerdale!:eek::D:ok:

Maple 01
28th Jan 2008, 19:19
Don't even go there.....

Fishtailed
28th Jan 2008, 22:12
I was right - Mr Fishtail is the winner.

Thanks Mr Sealion, what do I get?:confused:

XV277
29th Jan 2008, 08:18
Mrs M did, commenting on the 'typical arrogance' of Americans, how dare they fly so low bla bla bla – had a 10 min conversation about low-flying areas, ATC procedures (like I’d know anything about them) and how Imperialist Yankee flyers in reality are ‘good eggs’ etc, she still wasn’t convinced. She's a well educated intelligent woman but like many has few direct connections to the mil and happily believes what she is presented with in TV dramas as fact.

Now banter away at this point but there does seem to be a perception problem here and not just for Mrs M.

That's the good point - use the RAF, but the yanks get the flak !

Navy_Adversary
29th Jan 2008, 08:22
Which town/s is Kingdom filmed in, looked a bit like Maldon with the harbour views.
TIA

Vage Rot
29th Jan 2008, 08:23
I like the porgramme, but last night was awful, not even an ounce of accuracy in it. Surprised the RAF PR guys allowed the boys to play, given that it gave the impression that we beat the crap out of places just for the fun of it.

:):):):):ok:

You mean we don't!??

Variable Trim
29th Jan 2008, 08:34
Most of the town scenes are shot in Swaffham.

El Mirador
29th Jan 2008, 09:25
Filmed in Swaffham ( market shipborough)
Castle acre, well-next-the-sea and various other coastal locations nearby.