PDA

View Full Version : new to the e.u. seeking advice

paul k
27th Jan 2008, 15:57
hello all.

i'm enrolled in a jaa/caa d/l conversion and plan to finnish up the course and exams by the end of this year or early next year as i fly full time here in canada. also by then i expect to have a canadian ATPL close to 2000 hrs mostly light piston single and twin, loads of ifr experience and a bit of light turbine time hopefully. i do hold a e.u. passport and citizenship and speak 2 launguages besides my mother tounge of english.

my questions are:

-what kind of work in europe will i be likely to find? airline, cargo, corporate?
-will my 2000 hrs on light aircraft be overlooked as being "light aircraft" (under 12,566 lbs/5700kgs)?
-will i still be required to obtain a self sponsored type rating?
-what kind of first officer starting salaries would i expect?
-are canadian pilots held with high esteem because of the type of environments and conditions they fly in?
-will someone with the aforementioned experience be in demand if not high demand?

i appologise if my questions are banal and simplistic. i am trying to get a very general sense of what to expect in the future. i presently work for a good company with room to grow, however my desire is to live in europe.

pk

dartagnan
28th Jan 2008, 17:27
my experience is same like yours, and without 500 jet on one type , it is hard to get a job.