PDA

View Full Version : SQ Direct Entry S/O & F/O's?

Red777
27th Jan 2008, 11:52
Just a quick question regarding SQ.

Do they employ DE S/O's and if so what are the min requirments?

Also the current F/O DE min requirments?

All feed back is welcomed.

regards Red777

smiling monkey
27th Jan 2008, 13:00
They have a cadet programme in Perth producing F/O's on tap. I doubt whether they have direct entry F/O's. And I've never heard of S/O's in SQ either.

Merlinrabbi
27th Jan 2008, 14:02
Red777,

SQ do not have direct entry SO but a cadet program i.e. from cadet to S/O to F/O.

To qualify, you have to be either a Singapore citizen, Singapore PR or Malaysian. Of course there are other pre-requisite. You can refer to them on this website www.singaporeair.com/careers.

Cheers

thornycactus
28th Jan 2008, 16:00
SQ do not have direct entry SO but a cadet program i.e. from cadet to S/O to F/O.

To qualify, you have to be either a Singapore citizen, Singapore PR or Malaysian. Of course there are other pre-requisite. You can refer to them on this website www.singaporeair.com/careers (http://www.singaporeair.com/careers).

Disagree! No such thing to be a Singapore citizen, Singapore PR or Malaysian to qualify for cadet pilot programme! :*

Obviously, you don't know anything about SIA cadet recruitment. SIA has been doing cadet pilot recruitment from India, Hong Kong and etc.

Although, that website says so, it is faking and telling the world that the programme is meant for their own citizen. In reality, they reserved the seats for foreigners rather than their own citizens!

SIA is the only airline in the whole world that trains foreign cadets (ab-initio phase) to the R-H-S.

thornycactus
28th Jan 2008, 16:04
They have a cadet programme in Perth producing F/O's on tap. I doubt whether they have direct entry F/O's. And I've never heard of S/O's in SQ either.
Monkey is right! SQ is unlikely doing recruitment for DE F/O or S/O again.

Look at the poor RSAF pilots have no where to go! They have good flying experiences and many were rejected by SIA! Otherwise, they can go/qualify for DE S/O.

kefz
29th Jan 2008, 01:02
yeah told ya SQ has something against the asians.

ssangyongs
29th Jan 2008, 05:48
even though SQ dont have directly entry programme actually there's some backdoor entry which i've passed through and happily flying the L45 out of maroochy

You need to wait for ads on newspaper about cadet. Apply through there. Fill every details required including your existing license and logged hours on fixed/rotor wing.

When they call you for interview usually you're the one who will be grilled more than an hour. Usually if you dont have LASIK history, and meet all their physical requirement you'll be invited to cadet pilot 2nd interview in Singapore.

You'll be tested on this aptitude blah blah english proficiency everything i dont have to explain because you already know cadet selection process.

If you pass then they'll send you to do medical. Wait for MOM clearance. Because i dont have any debt in my home country i was fast tracked and get my clearance in a week.

But it does not end there. You'll be tested on your flying skills in seletar. Very easy. All it took was a one-hour check ride and they pass me again. No retraining in Jandakot. MFA graduate have some kinda recognition. About 3-4 made it to Cargo ops.

Dont PM me, i wont reply. And like other MFA grads i'll be flying boxes and F1 cars too...

parabellum
29th Jan 2008, 10:29
Red777 - suggest you read and digest most of the posts here and totally disregard anything written by thornycactus, who obviously failed to get into SQ.

Gooneybird
29th Jan 2008, 12:23
SIA is the only airline in the whole world that trains foreign cadets (ab-initio phase) to the R-H-S.

Is it really? What a thoroughly progressive country. :D