PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 fail, but would you get a class 2 if you qualify?

Wing_man
26th Jan 2008, 14:39
I have searched the forums but have not found a concrete answer.

If I was to fail my initial class 1 medical (hope not!)

but would Pass a class 2

Would the CAA issue me with a class 2 medical instead?

Hope you guys can help

:ok:

Farrell
26th Jan 2008, 14:46
Yes. You could get a Class 2 if you met the criteria, regardless of whether you failed the Class 1.

Good luck.

Shunter
26th Jan 2008, 14:49
In a word, yes.

But why do you seem unsure of your ability to pass a Class 1? It's not particularly tough. If you're in good health and your eyes/ears work properly you shouldn't have any problem.

SNS3Guppy
26th Jan 2008, 19:50
Can't speak for the UK, but in the US if you fail the class I, it may be a career buster. You may not be able to get the medical at all after that, and if you do, it can affect obtaining insurance, employment, and your future. The reasons why you might fail play a big part in that, however. If you can't pass, but can be guided through the process by obtaining the necessary doctor visits and documentation to eventually pass, then no problem.

Do you have a medical condition that makes you think you won't pass, or are you just guessing?

poss
26th Jan 2008, 22:06
I think what wingman means, and correct me if i'm wrong, if he had his class 1 but failed it but could pass a class 2... could he be issued that instead of a class 1 at the time of having his class 1 done.

SNS3Guppy
26th Jan 2008, 22:15
See previous reply.

More information required.

Shunter
26th Jan 2008, 22:38
I think a lot of people, especially those who've never had one, fear the medical like it's some huge mountain. It's not... anyone in good health, especially if you're young is going to breeze through a class 1 medical.

Wing_man
27th Jan 2008, 11:31
Yes im in good health, quit smoking (8 months :O), weight train 3 times a week cardio 1.

However you never know what may happen, If i was "unable" to get a class 1 but i met the requirements for class 2, could i be issued a class 2 instead of a class 1 thus saving me time and money rebooking for a class 2.

It would be a disapointment if i didnt get one but would still like to do it as a hobby and focus fully on my engineering career.

Input and comments thus far appreciated :ok: