PDA

View Full Version : Netjets for late-starters?

richatom
26th Jan 2008, 08:56
Do Netjets hire as F/Os old low-hour pilots (like me!)? My age/hours profile rules me out of applying for most airlines but I wondered if NetJets might be a starter?

sirvival
26th Jan 2008, 09:07
richatom:

Ckeck this out:
http://www.netjetseurope.com/data/eng/popup_detailed.html

When you submit your application you will get an automated reply reminding you about the min. requirements before they even consider you for any further communication.

sirvival

Flintstone
26th Jan 2008, 09:07
Most bizjet companies do not subscribe to the hours/age thing. In fact because you will spend more time in close proximity to their well heeled clients a bit of maturity and worldly wisdom is seen as A Good Thing.

You have mail.

Flintstone
26th Jan 2008, 10:15
I don't think he's quite as old as you Mike.

26th Jan 2008, 13:26
Give Netjets a try. I heard from them one week after I submited the application form. I have about 2100 hours, with a lot of jet experience.I'm 31 years of age with full ATPL.

Good luck!

areyoubitter
26th Jan 2008, 15:45
The entry requirements have changed recently. Whilst the minimum hours for a direct entrant is still 1500, how those are made up is now scrutinised more carefully. A system not dissimmilar to easyjet is in position so that hours are factored accordingly.
For example, an hour in a single engine piston aircraft will count for 0.4 of an hour ( that is not necessarily the correct figure, but an example )
As a result i suspect that will rule out a number of people who have not been fortunate enough to have had some experience an turbo-props or jets.
Additionally the company will also take hours verses age into consideration before offering a position of employment.

johnriketes
26th Jan 2008, 15:48
sirvival

"When you submit your application you will get an automated reply....."

You mean to say they are actually replying to applications now and even from applicants that don't fit the NJE "profile".

Well I'll be damned. May wonders never cease!

Lets have a big hand for NJE. All together now 1, 2, 3. :D:D:D

Flintstone
26th Jan 2008, 16:23
Hey, johnriketes!!! Want to come and sit over here on the cynics bench? There's room ;)