PDA

View Full Version : AdAware SE private. Error retrieving update.

Loose rivets
26th Jan 2008, 03:36
Stops at 5%. Many tries -- no go.

Had this on the disc for years with no problems.

:(

Tarq57
26th Jan 2008, 04:18
The software has been discontinued, support ceased as of 31/Dec. The good oil (http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=15293)
Personally I'd want to use Superantispyware, Asquared, or AVG in preference to AdAware (any version) as demand scanner.
Oh, wait a moment...I do. ;)

Juud
26th Jan 2008, 09:45
Loose, had the same here. Figured it was probably suffering from old age, so de-installed/removed the version I had and downloaded the new version from their website.
Running smoothly now.

P.Pilcher
26th Jan 2008, 17:11
I was a bit miffed with them as well. I installed adaware which was a freebe after a recommendation here, then I paid for an upgrade which gave me an extra to trap any of its list of programmes as they tried to install themselves. This seemed to work well for years, then I needed to get some info off their website and found I couldn't log on any more. Further investigation showed that the fee I paid was only valid for a year and, despite updates unstalling without problem, had expired ages ago. I am certain there was no mention of the 1 year validity when I first paid up. Anyway, it transpired that I needed to pay an annual sum to keep their new version updated and I would also have to buy this as well, so I ditched them and installed the free programmes mentioned above which seem to work well.

P.P.

Loose rivets
26th Jan 2008, 20:24
Thank's for that everyone.

Figured it was probably suffering from old age,

You'd have thought that the software and I would be perfectly compatible then.:(

Keef
27th Jan 2008, 00:43
Thanks! I wondered what was up.

Slasher
29th Jan 2008, 02:34
Ive uses Superantispyware a while now with no complaints.
Better than Ad-aware. With Norton and Zonealarm working
Ive found the free version adaquate.

www.superantispyware.com