PDA

View Full Version : Customs Clearance PVT a/c

Guptar
25th Jan 2008, 23:18
I know that for international flights, departing Oz have to go through an international port like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane Intl etc.

But, as is usual, now government departments are business units. Will they come to you, for the appropriate fee of course. Say you wanted to depart WOL for NZ for example. I;ve seen the crew of freighters get cleared through customs on the GA ramp at Sydney. The customs chaps turn up in a car with a box of stamps etc and do it at the aircraft. So why not at any other airport.

Is there a law that says international flights can only go through a designated intl aiport.

flying-spike
25th Jan 2008, 23:50
It's all in Ersa

OZBUSDRIVER
25th Jan 2008, 23:52
AIP says-1.1.3 In accordance with Section 10 of the Air Navigation Act 1920,
aircraft arriving in or departing from any part of Australian territory
must land at and depart from airports designated by the Minister
for that purpose.

However, you read on further (Section 1.9 charter flights) and I guess after the appropriate fee is worked out and sufficient prior notification of four days, they will come to you.

NSW phone number 61-2-9317 7270 fax 61-2-9317 7437

Give them a ring. They can only say no:ok:

Brian Abraham
26th Jan 2008, 01:54
Taking WOL as an example, since its an international shipping port, and hence has customs services available, could not arrangements be made?

NZScion
26th Jan 2008, 03:54
Over here on the other side of the ditch, you can request customs more or less anywhere. Again, places with ports are the best bet, as staff are already on hand.