PDA

View Full Version : Polar Air & Atlas Air Recalls

Po Boy
28th Sep 2001, 22:59
Both Polar Air Cargo and Atlas Air Cargo have annouced recalls of furloughed crew members. Is this a short term thing, or will cargo demand continue to grow since passenger airlines are not carrying freight in their bellies.
:confused:

Mr Angry from Purley
28th Sep 2001, 23:11
Think its more the case of 747's crossing the Atlantic to Middle Eastern points with cargoloads full of things that will make Laden go to Dusty Bin? :mad:

TowerDog
29th Sep 2001, 03:38
Hope so.

Bin Laden and his crew belongs in the big dust bin, and shall they forever fry in it.

NG_Kaptain
29th Sep 2001, 06:50
I have a friend who used to be with Flying Tigers, now with Fed EX, he told me that prior to anything even showing up on CNN they would start doing a lot of extra flying to exotic locales with unnamed cargo. Suppose Atlas,Polar and other heavy lifters have more flying that they can handle. Guv, any cargo L10's

[ 29 September 2001: Message edited by: NG_Kaptain ]

Roadtrip
29th Sep 2001, 08:05
Have ALL the Atlas Air mainliner aircrews been recalled or are the AACS people flying US Govt charters out of the US?

flyinghigh727
29th Sep 2001, 18:08
Good to hear that things are picking up at Polar and Atlas. Does anyone know how many furloughed pilots have been recalled at Polar and if they plan to call anyone from their hiring pool.

Good Luck to all.

Whoaaa
30th Sep 2001, 09:01
Road Trip, unless I'm mistaken, only passport carrying US citizen can fly the gov't chartered contracts. ;)

Silver Thunder
30th Sep 2001, 20:35
I've heard that only 15 Atlas FE's are being recalled.

AACS sources claim that they are flying so much they can't get their days off.

Is something wrong with this picture? :mad:

Ct.Yankee
30th Sep 2001, 23:05
Just got off the phone with "GCC" (puzzle palace northeast) to find that once again we're out of FO's. Two Capt's flying together again. Last trip both were CkAirm.
Blind leading the ...., anyway ten to fifteen FO's and additional FE's have been recalled as of Friday.