PDA

View Full Version : G-IV/V footage BBC news @ LBA

Jetscream 32
25th Jan 2008, 17:30
Excellent footage of Gulfstream on short finals with a sporting crosswind- excellently excecuted cross wind landing - were you positioning or with pax?

Bravo... stick and rudder together...!! :D

armyflyer
25th Jan 2008, 18:14
always a crosswind at leeds.....but think it was a 145 not a g-5 on the news.

Wingletnut
25th Jan 2008, 19:02
Nice job!:D

Jetscream 32
25th Jan 2008, 22:15
sorry about type..! - normally try and avoid seeing them head on ;)

RAFAT
25th Jan 2008, 22:22
Without wishing to detract from the well-executed landing by the 145 pilot, :D this is actually standard fare for LBA-based pilots and regular visitors. I guess from the colours it was a Flybe (ex-BACE) aircraft, or a bmi Regional one that has yet to be painted.

skysoarer
4th Feb 2008, 23:11
"Without wishing to detract from the well-executed landing by the 145 pilot, this is actually standard fare for LBA-based pilots and regular visitors. I guess from the colours it was a Flybe (ex-BACE) aircraft, or a bmi Regional one that has yet to be painted."

It was us! That's a flybe 145 with a Southampton-based crew. Captains landing, not mine lol. It was at our limit gusting out of limits and pretty rotten. Don't know what it is with Leeds lately it's always grot across the runway, but that was pretty horrible and I did consider another career after that event. Absolutely great job by the captain there though; we had the books readily available for Doncaster if required...

Here's a link that works, although foreign news clip.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D6eA_gyKtH0&feature=related

Sky

joehunt
6th Feb 2008, 01:47
Oh that Captain.

Looking back, he was one of my better students!:}

Here (http://www.diariodelviajero.com/2008/01/18-aterrizaje-abortado-de-un-avion-de-iberia-en-bilbao) is an attempt that doesn't look quiet so..... shall we say, pleasant. One would hope it was attempted when conditions were within company limits.

angelorange
8th Feb 2008, 09:45
RE last - Bilbao has even worse x-winds and gusts than LBA on a regular basis. There is a good thread on Flight Global about this A320 approach shown in your link. Well done to the EMB145 crew in any case.