PDA

View Full Version : What happened to charter flights to Varadero?

Sensible
25th Jan 2008, 17:22
In recent years, I have travelled either Airtours or Thomas Cook from LGW to Varadero. This year, I can't seem to find any charter flights to Cuba. I have phoned Thomas Cook and the staff don't seem to know why! I can't locate any charter flights on the internet either. Does anybody know the reason and if charter flights will resume, if so when? I have friends living near Varadero Cuba and a charter flight into Havana is both inconvenient and expensive. Cheers!

Psr777
25th Jan 2008, 20:14
Summer 2008

TCX 51K MAN-VRA on a Friday
TCX 42K LGW-VRA on a Monday

:ok:

aidoair
25th Jan 2008, 20:51
As well First Choice are flying there throughout the summer;

LGW FCA083 ON Wednesdays

and

MAN FCA157 on Thursdays

Sensible
27th Jan 2008, 22:59
Thanks for the info, just seems strange that I have traveled "flight only" to Varadero in February for the past few years and always found charter flights - but this year nothing! I shall have to reschedule my flight a little later. The prospect of staying in a concrete block house with an asbestos roof in summer doesn't fill me with joy though!:\

Stampe
29th Jan 2008, 07:58
Its not an attractive destination for Uk operators fuel is very expensive there and as they don,t trade in dollars the fall in the dollar has not helped against offsetting the rising price of fuel.That is the reason I am told my company stopped operating to Cuba..hence much less capacity on the route.

silverelise
29th Jan 2008, 12:04
That is the reason I am told my company stopped operating to Cuba.
Monarch? A330 out of Gatwick?

Sensible
29th Jan 2008, 14:28
Thanks, I understand the reason for the difficulties in finding a charter flight now.