PDA

View Full Version : CASA Pulls Plug on QF D-Check

PIOT Bord
25th Jan 2008, 08:36
Word floating around today was that CASA has "pulled" the approval that SQ Engineering had to carry out heavy maintenance on Australian registered A/C. Apparently, SQ failed to heed warnings re "compliance" issues. A Qantas 747 was half way through a heavy maintenance inspection when the approval was withdrawn.

Is anyone able to substantiate, and/or provide more info?

QF22
25th Jan 2008, 08:45
VH-EBY went into the shed at SIAEC 15-1-08 for a 24 day C check.
Word is SIAEC don't have enough CASA approved LAE's to certify the check ! ! !
Maybe QF will supply some SCABS ? ? ?

THE IRON MAIDEN
25th Jan 2008, 08:47
That would Imply that CASA is "Actually" doing something useful for safety?

My jaw will hit the ground if proven to be true.

U.K. SUBS.
25th Jan 2008, 09:45
I'm taking a punt on MAS doing the classic,400 and 737NG "overflow:yuk:" work.Afterall they have an mou for the 'capture of squillions of bucks worth' of the stuff.
Apologies for initial thread drift but in this context MAS has the same issues. There is f%3k all coverage for classic,400 and the 737NG/classic that they bid work for (Have a think about that Brown). They put a bid for an a/c knowing full well the shortage of certifying LAE's rated on that type and worry about after the fact. EASA or Lufthansa burned them for that,(I stand to be corrected), and so should CASA.

ACMS
25th Jan 2008, 15:05
Hey fellas we had a QF 743 in the HAECO hangar in HKG a few weeks back. It was here a while. The QF 743's don't normally come to HKG, so what was it doing here?

Lagrange Mechanic
25th Jan 2008, 15:09
... ewwwww ****! :suspect:

mrpaxing
26th Jan 2008, 00:57
C-check. came back, first sector nearly got grounded in per due to technical problems.:E

Itookdamoney
26th Jan 2008, 10:48
QF just gave me a nice little training course in Sydneys picturesque North. Maybe I'll get a nice little Jolly overseas as well as $100k to pull them out of the ****.

No SAR No Details
26th Jan 2008, 10:58
That would be right send the scabs over to fix it. Then dont let them back into the country.

Redstone
26th Jan 2008, 22:38
Itookdamoney QF just gave me a nice little training course in Sydneys picturesque North. Maybe I'll get a nice little Jolly overseas as well as $100k to pull them out of the ****.

I hope they do send you overseas, to a place far far away.

Short_Circuit
27th Jan 2008, 02:22
Must be really bad if C@S@ are going to bite the hand that feeds them!:uhoh:

Black Hands
27th Jan 2008, 17:50
Quote: "QF just gave me a nice little training course in Sydneys picturesque North. Maybe I'll get a nice little Jolly overseas as well as $100k to pull them out of the ****."

Itookdamoney, your position in this whole debarcle is your own perogative. Hopefully, you are paid on time, cost QF a fortune and never have to step foot on the ramp... or the hangar floor...:eek:

Any chance you can enlighten us all as to exactly what training QF provided you on your little jaunt in Sydney's north??

Ralph the Bong
28th Jan 2008, 10:28
What I heard was this: The LAME who was to sign out the aircraft was found to be not supervising the work, as he was supposed to be doing.

It's amazing how far accross the globe these stories travel.

galdian
28th Jan 2008, 11:17
Short Circuit

"...bite the hand that feeds it."

More amazing that the "puppet" can turn around and bite "the puppet master!"

Who knows - maybe Chucky lives afterall! ;)

Millet Fanger
28th Jan 2008, 11:49
in Sydneys picturesque North.

Compared to Melbourne, every part of Sydney is picturesque.

pull them out of the ****

You might be going to pull QF out of the ****, be careful that you are not putting yourself in it. Six months and $100,000 are small compared to a lifetime in an industry that doesn't forget.

MILSPEC
29th Jan 2008, 03:05
'Itookdamoney'
100k & a trip overseas, dosn't take much to please.
We have Long Memories and this is a small industry.
Sleep Well.:=

shitthatsbig
29th Jan 2008, 03:31
You have to be kidding!!!!!!! You guys have the shortest memories known to mankind. Time and time again the QFM and ALAEA shaft you guys in the backdoor, and every EBA you just let them do it again. You make me sick:yuk:

sani-com
29th Jan 2008, 08:38
In response to stb, I would have thought that the new ALAEA executive negotiating for the next EBA, and the PIA, proves that we're no longer willing to accept the shaft in the rear entrance.

shitthatsbig
29th Jan 2008, 20:21
In response to Sani-com, suppose you could have thought that...... before the bullsh*t "Show of Faith". At least the ALAEA held out for a few weeks this time. However, as usual, they have caved to the QFM and copped it in the rear again.
As, the posts above show, QFM are full steam ahead in training the strike breakers and this time it will hurt as they have run out of KY lube.:yuk:

The outsourcing will continue and if the rumours are true about the os MRO's most overflow work will go to JHAS.

Keg
29th Jan 2008, 21:43
Rumour doing the rounds is that the federal Labor government asked the ALAEA to not take any action during school holidays. As a quid pro quo the government would then support the ALAEA after that.

I asked did they have that in writing because I can't see the government backing home a 'union' and industrial action (however protected under the old legislation) so soon after getting into office! :eek:

rudderless1
29th Jan 2008, 22:03
****hatsbig, good to see people recognise you as the stooge you are!
You should change you name to ****mypants though, as I expect you have.
No need for speaking shyte, wait and see what happens in the next couple of days. Stooge

Hows the Birthday Card from Rolls Royce for having an engine in the shop for 12 months!:ok:

Nudlaug
31st Jan 2008, 02:43
Word on the street is that SIAE was caught pants down by a spot audit of CASA with approx 100 AME's working that B747 classic aircraft and 1 LAME to sign, not even working in the same hangar. That ratio sounds drastic, i know, it is just what you hear on the street..........

They lost the approval for 2 days apparently.

squawk6969
31st Jan 2008, 02:50
Lost it for two days.............inconvenient perhaps but no great loss.

Time to find some more staples and fencing wire, duct tape and zip ties! She'll be right:ok:

SQ

Short_Circuit
31st Jan 2008, 03:36
Two days.. ouch ... thats gota hurt (not).
Just sign twice as many cards the following 2 days..........Hmmmmm :=

Clipped
31st Jan 2008, 06:02
CASA's call to Qantas .... "What would you like us to do now, Sirs".

Do you really think that p#ss weak Auditor is going to come down hard here? That would make all the three big guns Qantas, SIAEC and CASA look like fools following the staple incident. Now who keeps who in a job?

If that alleged level of supervision 100:1 or 50:1 or even 20:1 was the reason the approval was suspended, it is a direct and significant breach of rules on SIAEC's behalf. No, those jobs being undertaken by AMEs are not being done properly, they simply can't be. This is a very serious situation and a 2-day penalty is just laughable.

This regulation is a joke.

max autobrakes
31st Jan 2008, 08:35
So the CASA auditor actually made it to the hangers this time!
Well, well ,well, who would have thought.:}

No Idea Either
31st Jan 2008, 09:47
Be interesting to see if this is in the Aussie tomorrow!!!!:ok::ok::ok:

EmiratesSandpit
31st Jan 2008, 19:53
It has actually been confirmed that CASA has done no such thing.

All CASA certifications on the SIAEC facility in Singapore remain.

No SAR No Details
31st Jan 2008, 21:43
WoW what a suprise. I wonder what else they "didn't" uncover whilst they were there. I wouldn't be suprised either if SIAEC started some sort of legal proceedings against the CASA auditor for bringing their good name into disrepute!

Torqueman
31st Jan 2008, 23:31
Or SIAEC could just do what the indian cricket team do.........Push the plane out the front and say we're not playing anymore...:{ :{ :{