PDA

View Full Version : DXB to AUH and VV

Shaman
25th Jan 2008, 08:17
I will be arriving at DXB at around 0200. Sorry for the questions but.......

Any idea how much a taxi would charge to get to AUH?

Is there a shuttle bus or similar?

How long does it take by road?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

baob2oba
25th Jan 2008, 11:45
Taxi would probably cost you something like 200aed ( +/-40€ ), count 1h30 from DXB to AUH maximum. If flying F/J, local airlines arrange drop-off nearly everywhere in the country, otherwise you might find buses ( royal pain, avoid !!! not even sure they will take you directly to AUH ). Been living here for years but no idea if there's any shuttle. Taxi is still the best option, cheapest option would be to rent a car and return it in AUH, approx. cost 70 to 100aed.

knifedge
25th Jan 2008, 12:19
Try Etihad shuttle at SZR office. They always treated me very well.

Fox3snapshot
25th Jan 2008, 18:35
Al Ghazal taxi (+97124445885) are cheap for the return trip to Abu Dhabs as they need to reposition their fleet (they are AUH based). There may be a 30 min delay but they are generally pretty good. Being a weekend though, might be a bit grim. There is a bus service that runs from the main bus terminal in Dubai (taxi's know where) and they run every 30 mins and cost 25 DHS or so :ooh: and are top notch, their timings though may preclude a 2AM transit.

Try the airlines though (as mentioned) they drop off to all major UAE destinations and if you fly with a major it will be for free. EK and the majors all have shuttles running all the time and I think you can grip it up with them for an appropriate surcharge.

Rent a car never an option for me as I have normally cleaned out the drinks trolley! :E

baob2oba
25th Jan 2008, 18:43
i might need some rest, sometimes.. :E

thedon
25th Jan 2008, 19:09
it costs 300aed to b exact from dxb,u can rent a car fron avis or hertz, if u ve a crew id avis will make a discount for u,it ll b 120 ish,for the bus u ve to go dubai station by taxi it ll cost u around 70 aed then 15 aed to get to auh bt bus or 50aed by taxi for one person,for etihad sometimes they do ask for the ticket to make sure that u ll travel with ey,the easiest way is to take a cab n the chipest way it the one montioned above ,it s take around 75 min by taxi ans 120 by bus good luck mate

Shaman
26th Jan 2008, 03:23
All,

Thank you very much for the information - much appreciated.