PDA

View Full Version : Beer, not G n T....

covec
25th Nov 2001, 15:15
Perhaps a wrong perception, but I think not.

Any cargo airlines out there willing to take on non-commissioned, ex-forces "self improvers" as Direct Entry FO's?

I'm out in 3 years and am keen to work for a living.....lots of night hours, poor accommodation...lovely.

Good luck to you all.

Covec

Per Ardua ad Ardua.....

Noddy Staltern
25th Nov 2001, 17:33
Your only 'wrong perception' is perhaps to think that any airline will know where it will be in 3 years time. At the moment they are all hard pushed to know where they will be in 3 months time!

covec
25th Nov 2001, 17:45
Noddy - glad to know that the other perception is obviously correct....(!)

Covec

Oggy
26th Nov 2001, 20:51
In answer to your question. Yes. :rolleyes:

Lifes a lot different in the outside world, it dosen't matter what you where, where you were pigeoned holed, or how you percieve yourself in the forces. Outside we are all equal until you prove yourself otherwise.

There are numerous cases of people suceeding beyond what might have been expected by looking at there position in the Forces.

Equally, large numbers of people expected to do well have had a hard taste of reality.

By the way you normally get good hotels, better pay and lots more time off and standbys from home. On a good month! ;)

covec
26th Nov 2001, 21:05
Cheers, Oggy.

JimNich
1st Dec 2001, 23:10
Well, I guess I'm in Covec's gang. Non-commissioned FE scumbag with two years 'til age forty (and exit date). Hope to have 1000 puddle jumping hrs and all licenses done by then. I s'pose just like Covec I need to know now whether the age or the Non-commissioned thing will go against me.

Now I know no airline can give a prediction of their hiring requirements in two years but for my part I just need to know if I'm gonna be turned down out of hand because of the grey hairs or the budgie I currently carry around on my shoulder.

Whadya reckon, am I in or am I out?

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: JimNich ]

Noddy Staltern
4th Dec 2001, 16:03
The fact that you were an NCO should not make a jot of difference. When the jobs are there the airlines will hire on experience, not the colour of your shirt. This is true of all airlines, freight or passenger. I know a couple of F/Es who left Brize about 3 years ago and got F/O jobs with Bryman. Your time sitting on the panel is considered to be valuable multi-crew experience. The big question is when the airlines will be looking for guys with 1000 hours light-airctaft experience again. I don't have an answer to that one...