PDA

View Full Version : Doing It - Inverted

nomorecatering
25th Jan 2008, 06:49
During a quiet moment recently I was shooting the breeze with a student and up came the topic about inverted flying. He then claimed that he could fly the sim acurately,...inverted to which I decided a wager was called for. A slab of Victorias' finest ale.

Ok, so he did a sector 1 entry, 2 times round the pattern, then an NDB letdown to minimums,.....all within tolerance................INVERTED. I would not have believed it if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes.

Welll I;m off to the bottlo to buy his winnings.

P.s.....double or nothing.......inverted ILS huh??

Time Bomb Ted
25th Jan 2008, 08:00
Is your mate looking for a job?

TBT

THE IRON MAIDEN
25th Jan 2008, 08:43
Bull$****...

Jabawocky
25th Jan 2008, 09:05
double or nothing, make him earn his corn (or beer)......find him something that can stay inverted that long and do it for real!:}

If not do it with some rolls to spice it a bit!

J:ok:

VH-XXX
25th Jan 2008, 09:21
I can't see that it would be difficult when flying on a sim. Different in real life. It's just like when I fly my RC chopper "inwards" as in towards me; it's just reversed.

ForkTailedDrKiller
25th Jan 2008, 09:25
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon6.gif Doing It - Inverted

That would give you membership of the Upside-Down Mile High Club!

Dr :8

kwachon
25th Jan 2008, 13:27
In my former days as a FSI instructor, used to do it all the time in the Saab 2000 sim, take off, roll inverted and climb away at 4000 fpm, great fun and makes for interesting approaches....nothing new, by the way the 650 sim at San Antonio does great loops and barrel rolls without falling off motion. :}:}:}

chimbu warrior
25th Jan 2008, 22:04
On an inverted ILS, does one call for "gear up" or "gear down"?:ok:

kookabat
25th Jan 2008, 22:16
'Gear Down' - that would be the act of rolling upright, surely?

maxgrad
25th Jan 2008, 22:25
I believe the correct call would be...Gear out side down

ABX
26th Jan 2008, 07:49
Maybe gear inside out? Or just gear "in" and gear "out".

PyroTek
26th Jan 2008, 14:55
flaps extended or retracted will still be the same, at least..

i think there might have to be a 'gear extend' call and then a 'gear down' call?

as in, gear extended, and then roll wings level (as in the blue bit of the AH being at the top), gears down call. :P

toolowtoofast
26th Jan 2008, 20:16
i'd be more impressed if he did it while hanging upside down suspended from something

PyroTek
26th Jan 2008, 20:42
but that'd mean he'd be cheating, doing everything when its all upright, but a control column above your head would be pretty fun!