PDA

View Full Version : EY Asia roadshow

confirm-finals?
25th Jan 2008, 05:26
Does anyone know when EY are heading to Asia for roadshow? Possible cities?

340flyer
25th Jan 2008, 18:17
There is an email that is being sent around. 5 cities in total including MNL,KUL,CGK,SIN and BKK.

There will also be an ad in flight international giving dates the 3 i know of so far are BKK on the 6th...MNL on the 4th and Sin 9th and 10th. The rest i really dont know. Will try and get some info....

340flyer
28th Jan 2008, 19:55
Some further info for those interested, Etihad road show confirmed in MNL, BKK, KL, SIN, CGK in that order starting from the 4th of Feb. We got a company email about this information. Also today the 29th of Jan will be in flight international. So look it up if interested..

alghazal
29th Jan 2008, 10:31
And check all the threads right there in pprune write down the questions and answers from EY roadshow guys.
Make them sign what they say and you will see if they do so...

If they tell you that you gonna be accomodated in luxury villas, well make them write it !!! Everybody has a different definition for luxury....

If they tell you that it's a magnificent working envirionment,ask them about the reporting policy and acopy of JH's last email to employees encouraging them to report eachother.

If they tell you that the package will increase,well they keep on doing this for the last 4 years and nothing is coming....

Ask them about
Minimum rest ?
Extension of FDP?
Final warning ?
Lay-over accomodations
Unfit for duty policy ( 3 times and you get final warning )
Rostering depending on how often yougo and s:mad:k them
Reporting policy
Grooming policy

and, and if you wanna have a big laugh, and it'sgood for your health ask about :
The best Airline in the world

then you will travel from your home country for the first time to UAE in Economy if you are lucky or on a jumpseat for 9 hours, because we are the best...

you will end up in a scary hotel accomodation,sometimes 2 hours drive from the airport, because we are the best.

you won't get an accomodation for your family and you will have to deal with famous housing dept, because we are the best.

you will stay 4 months in training with 2 sims or flights a month, and of course at night ( 2AM ), because we are the best.

you will have to be driven by taxi-drivers who will almost crash their car at every corner because they didn't sleep in the last 48 hours.

you won't get your leave approved at the date yu want because we are the best .

you will get a final warning for arguing with a cabin manager, because we are the best.

you and your family will be under constant pressure, because we are the best.

your roster will be changing 15 times a month, bacause we are the best.

Enjoy....

sec 3
29th Jan 2008, 11:58
alghazal is right. A freind of mine is a new hire, has been at EY for 3 months and has just done his first flight while his family is stuck in a hotel room at a hotel surrounded by prostitutes 24hrs a day. :} Pilots are pressured every day to extend their duty period illegally by managers who aren't even familiar with the rules in the ops manuals, or maybe their english isn't good enough to fully understand them:E All the other items mentioned in the previous post are true:bored:

triple click
29th Jan 2008, 13:17
So true :D but the world is full of desperate and naive pilots..

noflare
29th Jan 2008, 15:04
Desperation is one thing but you really would have to be crazy to join EY...most guys are looking for a way out!

All optimism has been removed by our leaders!...but we all have nice haircuts!

Ask why there are no European roadshows!

Bredrin
29th Jan 2008, 15:52
Standby NOFLARE, roadshow to Western Europe and USA coming up.

And if the guys are looking for a way out then obviously they arn't serious, because there are more jobs out there than pilots to fill them.

Some of us are quite content right here at EY. It's not perfect but it's a good place to be for some. We have people from Malaysian, Gulf Air, Emirates, Korean, Royal Jordanian, American, Delta, Sri Lankan, BWIA among many other airlines. Everyone is different...some like it here and some don't.....some like it there and some don't...

cantilever
29th Jan 2008, 19:35
I can guarantee they wont get many too many people if they go to Europe or N America...maybe troll the flight schools for new CPLs! or a few desperate turboprop pilots looking for a first jet rating.
If EK cant get people what chance has EY got?

Bredrin if you are happy the way this outfit treats you then I can only assume you must have had one really crap job before you joined....lets say some like it here....many think it sucks!!:rolleyes:

camelbreath
29th Jan 2008, 19:49
Who is running these roadshows?....anyone any idea?

Bredrin
30th Jan 2008, 01:48
Not totally happy with the way things are but, they are getting better and there is far more to life than the company you work for.

alghazal
30th Jan 2008, 08:36
You mention the nationalities you succeeded in putting under your slavery labour rules.... Or the collapsed airlines.....

Desperate pilots will come to your roadshows, where of course the truth and only the truth will be said.........and repeated.......

Come on , give us a break.

Have the b:mad:s at least to admit that you will try to attract by all means pilots, whatever it takes and whichever lie you have to say.

If you are so confident, why do you care about answering in these threads...... ??? Care to answer ???

I guess you will say that your permanent search for the truth is leading you to write here and then, and that will give all of us a BIG BIG BIG
LAUGH:}

340flyer
30th Jan 2008, 11:18
Its sad to see people have so much free time to just attack people and companies, yes EY has its problems but if it is so bad as some say why has the resignation numbers been so low or do you need to forget to mention this. Yes its true that some of the last joiners are still in hotels but for the last one and a half years the housing situation got better and you seem to forget to mention that too. All companies are having housing problems. The reporting culture is bad, i do agree but at the same time there are plenty of good things in EY and if you dont know about them or dont want to know thats your problem and the solution is easy just leave. As for not getting except slave pilots i think thats the most ignorant and rude thing i have ever heard, if we dont match your expectations then its your problem too. there are nearly 600 pilots in EY now and about 55 nationalites so please get your facts straight there are a lot of happy pilots here and things will get better and show me one perfect company if you can. For your infomation too EY is planning road shows to Europe and till they go and fail please again keep to the facts which are simple, there are problems but still its nice place to live and work.

Bredrin
30th Jan 2008, 17:14
If Etihad is so DREADFUL then why dont these 500+ qualified pilots not leave and go work with someone else....not many have left and about 400 have joined in the last 2 years..

AHHHH!! EUREKA! Etihad has managed to perfect the art of brain washing.

Guys....get a life....if you are here and unhappy then just leave.

And if you 'aint' then obviously something got under your skin. Get a life.

cantilever
30th Jan 2008, 19:51
You seem to have your head buried in some deep dark orifice if you are not aware of how many people are currently sending out CVs and arranging interviews.

Its folks like you who need to get a life and stop BS the potential new joiners that everything is fine....try telling the truth.:mad:

nsfw
30th Jan 2008, 22:59
If it wasn't for life's obligations yes I would go under under the rule of "if you don't like it leave but after some point it just becomes a matter of jumping from one sh*t hole to another.

If I could afford to move I would, this has all been one of those classic "the grass is not always greener" stories.

Yes EY provides transport, 500 kg, furniture allowance, etc... but in reality it still costs money from your own pocket to make the move and get set up, it is offset by the company to a degree but it is not a free for all.

With 20/20 hindsight it was not a wise move and in the same breath I am not in the position just to pick up and move just like that.

In short it was a bad decision which I must be more logical to prevent jumping into the same sh*t with my next jump.

Metro man
31st Jan 2008, 13:03
Banner ad showing Kingfisher roadshows in S.E. Asia late Feb. Anyone know anything about terms and conditions etc ?

Sylverstars
31st Jan 2008, 13:59
If you think that another company is going to give you a better package then think again.

Etihad is the best and we are currently growing and you guys are thinking of leaving....

Hahaha

340flyer
31st Jan 2008, 17:43
I dont think i am in my little world. Yes there are pilots that complain including myself, but at the end of the day, i do my job go home and enjoy my time and so do many of my friends here. Do we want more money, well yes always but thats not everything. I dont say its perfect but if you do the job then no one can touch you. As for pilots sending cvs well we all do and 90% of us maybe just to see whats out there. But how many actually leave is what you should ask yourself thats what really counts. Anyway to me i dont bother thinking of JH and anyone for a matter of a fact, my little world is my family, friends and the nice life i am living here, i dont need to go to a road show to tell them i am happy here because regardless of who is here i dont really mind. So to the many unhappy pilots out there, i would suggest you just forget about the whats happening and who is what and where and why and just enjoy life, we live once and i plan to enjoy every second of it and so wont waste time thinking of most of the rumors that are going around. But thats me and my little world as i am told....and i still recommend pilots to come here and i still do think it will get better and better...JH and all the big bosses in any company will come and go but i am here to stay....So guys look up the road show information on Etihads web site and go and see for yourselfs and dont let the gossip here stop you from making your own decision....:ok:

340flyer
1st Feb 2008, 08:42
I never said we have the best package. I agree that we should and deserve a new pay deal and will always say that. But at the moment i dont see other airlines that much better and if there was such an airline i am sure half the pilots would have gone. If you look at packages in all the ME carriers they are nearly all the same, and as for the reporting culture which of course i dont not accept and will always be against at this time all we can do is try our best to get around it. The damage has been done but is not final and nothing is forever.

340flyer
1st Feb 2008, 08:48
its sad you go so personal. I never said in any forums that we have the best package and for sure we all deserve more. But at the moment all the ME airlines have roughly the same package and not one is that much better otherwise all the pilots would have gone there. I am against the reporting culture and will always be and if you think you know me then you are very mistaken and have very little insight....

my world
1st Feb 2008, 10:53
hey new on this site but seems its getting side tracked from what the thread is about. I joined a short while ago and just wanted to say i expected better but still not as bad as some people are saying. I have friends that joined other airlines around and seems all of us share some sort of problems, but as my wife says lets see what happens i still cant give a good or bad say i guess i need more time around.

alghazal
1st Feb 2008, 11:41
another happy pilot....

Did you join recruitment team already ?

By the way, the fact that EY is as bad as the others isn't really the issue...
Look up not down !!!!
Why should we accept mediocrity, just because others are almost the same in the region ? :ugh:

Bredrin
1st Feb 2008, 13:48
nsfw, if you paid attention you would have realized that since last Aug the 500kg of cargo is no more. Check it out and you will find out that the repatriation allowance is now very good....that is...if you spend a few years here.

Bredrin
1st Feb 2008, 13:57
I agree with you on the lack of leadership, just enlightening you on the resettlement.

PJY
4th Feb 2008, 10:51
Need somw honest answers!

have made it to medicals and have been confirmed to start with EY in early March as new F&B manger, but also been given the go ahead with QCCA which is the new wholly owned subsiduary of Qantas foe medicals next week. New to the site and been researching all possible threads to get background info. Not sure which direction to take. Any decent and honest opinions out there?

power ke?
4th Feb 2008, 12:35
why do people still bother to go to these meetings anyway? if no one show up, then maybe they will get the message. as they say, action speaks louder than words...

sandblasted
4th Feb 2008, 14:06
Thats why I didnt go, I find the meetings very frustrating :ugh:, why do they even bother , its always a one way street with these boys.
Please really think twice before coming to EY, Im making the most of my life enjoying my family friends socially, made my bed and all that, but if I had my time again I would have stayed put in my previous co..thats as honest an answer as you are going to get! PLEASE STAY AWAY until these guys have gone!!!