PDA

View Full Version : COPA First Officers ( Copilotos de COPA)

allatp
24th Jan 2008, 14:16
Hello. Are there any COPA FOs I could get in touch with?
I'm in need of talking to a current COPA FO. I'm making a big career move and I have few concerns about COPA.
Any contacts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks,

AA

Microlightlover
16th Feb 2008, 17:43
Copa is good to get a type rating and then start the search for another place for a long term comitment. The problem with copa is the salary its to low and panama is geting more expensive by the minute; taxes too hight and they dont care. Any way something strange must be happening in copa when 3 VPs resigned in one month

allatp
17th Feb 2008, 04:03
Microlightlover,
Do you know how much is the "take home" salary for a FO in Copa?

_FLYBYHAND_
18th Feb 2008, 14:07
as I was told

3.500 Usd more or less for foreing pilots, and 2.900 for local pilots .... why is that?? I dont know !!!!!! , as the partner told us, just go there ,get the rating and leave, cause every day they treat pilots very bad !!!!:*

ANd there is a roumour that copa right now is starting to decay...... no very stable .

Lets Hope thats just a Roumour..

SAlommmmmmmmmmmm

Panama Jack
18th Feb 2008, 17:48
Is that FO or CP pay? If so, it has gone up considerably since I last checked.

The pay, if true, is not bad by Central American standards, and probably keeps those who want to stay "home." Nevertheless, there have always been these issues far as pay and treatment in Latin America's airlines. Why can't they learn, or is there this underlaying corporate machismo attitude that they must treat employees as maids?

_FLYBYHAND_
19th Feb 2008, 19:17
Copilot`s Salary

FEDENO
19th Feb 2008, 22:03
I did applied on the Nuestrohub.com website for the position of first officer a long time ago...Mounths ago the status of application did change from "applied" to "hired"....but since than no phone call, no emails....Who had the same situation ? who can help me too...:)

Panama Jack
20th Feb 2008, 03:46
Has the balance of your bank account been mysteriously increasing on a regular basis every month too? ;)

_FLYBYHAND_
20th Feb 2008, 21:56
I know that cause a friend work`s for copa, he told me; that in panama day by day services, food, etccc are being more and more expensive, so you cannot save to much money .

His concept of working for Copa is to get the licence, 500 hrs and leave, so, COPA= FLYING SCHOOL :suspect:

cheers:O

fit29
26th Feb 2008, 12:20
Whats the upgrade time like for Copa, If I get hired I would be entering as a fairly low time FO.

Also what are the benefits beside compensation, specifically travel bennies? I heard that first year take home salary had gone up to as much as 3600 a month wich is high even for expensive Panama City (and yes it has gotten really expensive, I have the advantage of living with family).

Microlightlover
26th Feb 2008, 16:34
I dont know where you guys are taking that figures, as FO in Embraer I was taking home after taxes exectly 2152 USD and I was up in the seniority list. In the 737 the most that I ever took home was 2800 USD. Not much if you have a family to take care for. Now they are making a little bit more but you have to spend a lot more time out of home and spending more money in food, laundry, etc. Ther was a rise in the allowance, but not in the basic salary. FO basic is still 1500 USD, is what you get payed when you are on leave. On top of that the time that you expend on training that is going to be like 5 to 6 month your salary is going to be 600 USD. The diference betwing 737 and Embraer money is because you provably are never going to fly more that 70 hrs. that is the base.

chock2chock
26th Feb 2008, 18:04
What are Copa's expansion plans like fleetwise for the next five or so years?

_FLYBYHAND_
1st Mar 2008, 02:51
F/0 E190

Basic 1500 minus taxes 1100
Bonus 1075 Tax free 1075
Representation expenses 444 Minus taxes 400 more or less
Husing 800 minus taxes 590
Xtra time for special dates or Sunday 400 (paid each 4 months)

Grand Total 3565:rolleyes:

that was my fried last payment shown to me in a blue sheet. its that right?
:E

Warmair
16th Mar 2008, 02:15
"What are Copa's expansion plans like fleetwise for the next five or so years?" Chock2Chock

Anyone have an update to above?
Rumours of direct hire Capts for 737's
New routes being added ?

ricrohr
21st Mar 2008, 21:12
does anybody know what a typical roster looks look like on the embraer or the 737, days off , overnights,etc.

thank you.

mathieupv
23rd Mar 2008, 16:15
Hey guys, does anyone know the hours requirement for copa? And what about the citizenship?

autobrakeRTO
27th Mar 2008, 15:36
Hi guys, in nuestrohub.com my status changed to status "Contratado" (hired) and no news from the company after that.
Somebody from Copa can give us an email or something to contact the company?.

Thanks in advance & good landings

allatp
28th Mar 2008, 03:15
FlyByHand,
Thanks a lot for the information. I checked another source and you are absolutelly right about the numbers.
If you happen to come across some more info, please do let us know.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

AA

wings25
28th Mar 2008, 21:30
Does anyone know how the interview process for an F.O in Copa is? and what kind of questions you will be asked?

Pls. let me know

allatp
1st Apr 2008, 13:55
FlyByHand,
you are absolutely right on the information. I double checked another source and you are right on the money. If you come across with more information please do let us know.

Many thanks,

AA

baires
8th Apr 2008, 02:08
"Hi guys, in nuestrohub.com my status changed to status "Contratado" (hired) and no news from the company after that.
Somebody from Copa can give us an email or something to contact the company?."

I have that same message on my profile....anyone knows what that mean?????

MDT06
9th Apr 2008, 23:27
Are they hiring? What are the min....

Vangert
17th Apr 2008, 15:28
Iīve heard theyīre making some kind of pilot recruitment in Spain. Is that true?.
By the way,does anybody know something about rosters and everyday living in Panama.
Regards

cavok_italy
17th Apr 2008, 21:37
Hi all. what are the requirements to apply for FO in Copa? Kind of license, TT, citizenship.
Thanks a lot

Manuel52
20th Apr 2008, 21:32
Im 19 soon to be 20..im from Peru so i know spanish and english,i got about 600 hrs total about 380 hrs of it is 121 time on a EMB 120. I would really love to fly for Copa if any one can help please let me know. I am in a current job as a FO on the EMB 120 but looking to move up. Any kind of tip advice help will be great. Thank You

Fulkrum
21st Apr 2008, 18:43
Lots of info here, last I heard is that they're hiring with 250 hours and a pulse, I don't know if they're hiring non panamanians, being from peru I'd also look up TACA, the pay is very similar.

Are you at the Stream????

Bri85
21st Apr 2008, 21:51
Im interested in Copa as well. Im 22 with about 348TT around 110 Multi PIC/And a CRJ200Transitioning Course. Doing my CFI/II at the moment. From Puerto Rico residing in the States/ US Citizen. Fluent in English & Spanish; And enough portuguese to get by. I passed by nuestrohub.com but in order to access the website you need an user id and password. There's nowhere on the site that points me into the direction to signing in as a new user. Any help? Gracias... :cool:

Manuel52
22nd Apr 2008, 00:57
Yepp im at the Stream now but its not looking to good :uhoh:.. thanks il try to get some info about taca then..i got some family in peru so taca peru would be great thanks :) if you know any one who could help or any more info i would appreciate it..thank you!!

Fulkrum
22nd Apr 2008, 14:59
Haven't heard good things about the stream lately, too many maintenance problems with the BROKEZILIA lately, by all means try COPA, it's hard to get an answer from them, I don't think they check their email regularly. A year ago I got a call from TACA but could not accept the offer, keep in mind that a lot of folks are actually going EAST, they're paying more out there and the economy is a bit more stable than the GRINGO'S economy.

Get away from the stream soon before the D.O. and the Chief Pilot fly it into the ground...

Peace!!!

fit29
28th Apr 2008, 23:33
try using the user id APLICANTE and the password EXTERNO all in caps to get in to nuestrohub.com

Panama Jack
29th Apr 2008, 05:44
Makes you wonder how airlines, like COPA, facing crew shortages expect to get applications from qualified suitors. Although when you think about it sounds a little "romantic" to make it a mystery, and litter the process with high walls, moats, twists and turns. . . maybe the occasional dragon or two. . . :\

Fulkrum
29th Apr 2008, 13:30
Is it true they are now training everyone in Panama? Heard they got their own sim...

yycflyguy
1st May 2008, 16:29
When I was going through the Embraer training at CAE Montreal the COPA boys were doing their training there... not sure if that has changed recently.

It is amazing how much the cost of living has spiked in Panama since 2000. Lots of foreign investment driving my retirement property prices up!!:}

Fulkrum
4th May 2008, 15:53
I can only imagine, I hope it's not another housing boom like the one in the U.S. ! What a disaster that turned out to be.

Cheers!!!

Panama Jack
4th May 2008, 21:05
All bubbles tend to burst sooner or later.

cheja
8th May 2008, 12:07
Hello
Just checking the www.copaair.com and www.nuestrohub.com sites, where Copa is posting different non-Pilot jobs (including Cabin Crew), but couldnt find any link or job vacancies for applying as a FO / Flight Deck.
Any idea for an Argentine ICAO CPL 350 hs TT Multi-IR (ICAO English Level IV) where can I apply or sent a CV ?
Thank you in advance !
Regards
Jose

cheja
8th May 2008, 12:35
Hello
Checking at copaair.com and nuestro hub.com, I was able to find postings for non-pilot jobs for Copa, but none for FO's.
Any idea with or dierctions for a proper link for applying, or email to sent a CV ?
I am ICAO CPL, 350 Hs TT Multi-IR, (English level IV).
Thank you in advance !
Regards
Jose

cdaniel
8th May 2008, 17:59
I hear that copa needs pilot bad but man trying to get any help from them is hard i guess it who you know. But i looked a nuestro hub and there is no pilot positions at all .any body flying for them out there ?

MDT06
8th May 2008, 19:58
You need to know someone.......their website doesn't do much.

cdaniel
9th May 2008, 01:16
:confused:I agree that you need to know someone but i would figure some of those guys flying for them would help the rest who want to go there and fly . i had a guy i new but he left man they are hurting i know last year they lost all the brazil pilot that they had i heard that they have planes sitting you also would figure if they can get pilots from the usa with dual nationality they would jump on it . They have gotten poped by the usa for not having pilots that can talk english acouple of million dollar fines .

misd-agin
9th May 2008, 02:48
Just stayed in PTY and thought - there's no way the local economy needs all these new apartments/condos.

Just an opinion but it looks like more nice buildings are being built then currently exist in the city. How sustainable is that?

cdaniel
9th May 2008, 03:24
I go to costa rica at least once a month and the same thignis going on there but the thing is they buld all these condo and hi-rise but there are no body to rent or buy them

Panama Jack
9th May 2008, 14:46
Come out to the Middle East sometime-- Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Bahrain . . . and ask yourself the same question.

HurryUp&Retire
17th May 2008, 01:04
what are chances of a yank with no spanish skills getting a job. 500tt 33multi

Panama Jack
19th May 2008, 16:53
Not so good now, I'm afraid. The European kids willing to $41,500 USD are "better qualified."

http://americanflyers.net/about/copa_1.htm

jpilot1
20th May 2008, 18:19
Whats does sending a CV mean? I see when sending the email to the copaair email addy it says CV. Either im lost or brain cells not working this morning lol. Thanks for the info

Icarus331
20th May 2008, 20:42
Curriculum vitae = Resume

u_quintero
20th May 2008, 23:11
What's up dude!!! I'm at the stream" what's up?????:ok:

Griffon_PMI
21st May 2008, 01:02
Hi everyone!

Anybody knows how are the working conditions flying for COPA?
I mean the roster, and the bases.

They operate a Hub in Las americas, Tocumen Airport, but I suposse the airplanes are in all the different destinations during night to gather together in Panama city at Hub times.....

So, are there as home bases for crews as destinations they operate?

jpilot1
21st May 2008, 17:45
Thanks Icarus, I thought thats what it meant lol.

Fulkrum
22nd May 2008, 06:41
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/sfl-editnbpilotpnmay09,0,6907021.story

Panama Jack
23rd May 2008, 04:05
How about click, paste, quote & cite?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opi...,6907021.story

Page Not Found
Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.

If you are trying to reach a page from a bookmark, the page URL may have changed. Please choose a section from the navigation at the side of this page.
If you are looking for an older news story, it may no longer be available. Free archives of stories are maintained for 30 days on South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com. To search for a story published in the past 30 days, please, use the search form.
If the story is more than 30 days old, you should be able to find it in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com archive. Searching is free, but there is a fee for downloading full text of found articles.
If you still have trouble finding what you need, please go to our customer service page.
Thank you for visiting South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com. Classifieds

MDT06
14th Jul 2008, 05:54
Any updates for COPA? Are they planning to keep expanding?

Thanks

Fulkrum
14th Jul 2008, 16:16
Job Fair in Miami going on next weekend, July 19th. More details at Aeroservice website ( Welcome to Aeroservice Aviation Training Center (http://www.aeroservice.com)) COPA and Lan Peru will be there.

flyingsaucer
29th Jul 2008, 02:56
I am currently a captain at a regional airlines in the USA on the crj 200 and i would be interested to send a resume to COPA airlines and submit my name for consideration.

but anyone know if they are still looking for experienced pilots and where to send your resume.

thanks for replying.
you can also PM me

JamaicanFlyer
28th Sep 2008, 01:15
Can anybody tell if Copa is still hiring and how can I get a c/v to the HR department other than through the website

JAVIERCP1985
28th Sep 2008, 11:38
They donīt normally hire forgein pilot unless you know to speak spanish and you have our on type (b737/emr190).
Try to apply in any german, french speaking country, the will say the same.
English is the main language for aviation, you need to know speak, but for operations and other staffs involved with the company is important to speak spanish.
That is a problem with many people who donīt want to learn another language because they are a lazyyass so they think that all the world know to speak english.

JamaicanFlyer
28th Sep 2008, 20:44
You Still haven't answer my question if you didn't have answer you should have just kept quiet

MDT06
28th Sep 2008, 21:16
Jamaican,

Relax a little....People here write a lot of information that is irrelevant. You should find your answer using the search function. I believe I saw it before.

MDT

JAVIERCP1985
29th Sep 2008, 13:32
This is the answer for your question:

I am not sure if they are still hiring because i am not working for them.

I have contacts and friends working for Copa, i know the requirement, if there are any recruitment at this moment, you should apply as long as you have hours on type and you know speak spanish.

I donīt know the HR Contact phone number.

DO you have more questions???

JamaicanFlyer
1st Oct 2008, 03:22
No that pretty much covered, it thank you for much