PDA

View Full Version : Bedbugs

theyellowcanoe
24th Jan 2008, 13:18
Has anyone else had a problem with bedbugs? I am suffering from an infestation, which is both nasty and embarrassing. It's not just the lower end of hotels either which makes it even worse.

YC

Cool Wavy NG738
24th Jan 2008, 14:48
Sounds nasty, might be worth naming and shaming the hotel concerned if you know where you got them from. Hope you get clear of the critters soon.

Dolley
25th Jan 2008, 11:27
Problem with bedbugs is that once they are your friends it's very hard to get rid of them.

You probably stayed at one place and got them, and now they are following you around! They lay eggs, and these eggs may be staying with you (in your clothing, sleeping bag, ...) for up to eight weeks until they hatch. And then they feed on your blood whilst you sleep. Very often it looks like a rash. Other people get bits similar to mosquito bites almost in a straight line. Other people get bits at certain areas on their body e.g. ankles, arms,...

The only thing that helps is extreme disinfection of everything including your clothes and luggage, by now probably your bedding/bed frame/mattress at home (but they even live in/underneath carpets and so on...)

Depending on how bad it is it might be just enough to wash all your stuff extremely hot (add boiling water to the machine!). If it is really bad you might have to get somebody professional to look at your house. Or move ;-)

Good luck!

theyellowcanoe
25th Jan 2008, 13:06
Thanks for the advice guys. I have been doing a bit of internet research about bedbugs. Very disgusting. Some hotels are blaming certain airlines for bringing them in, and in return the airline is blaming the hotels for being the source of the problem.

I guess some hotels think that they can get away with it because people never come back, well, unlike CC, who are back every few days!!!

At first I thought I was allergic to something.... but soon discovered that it wasn't the case.

YC
xx

:ugh:

smile
26th Jan 2008, 04:41
I had a nasty scare with bedbugs when I was pregnant. Only on my arms- but I didn't know what it was.

theyellowcanoe
26th Jan 2008, 21:29
oh I can't imagine getting something like a bed bug scare and being pregnant!! That's horrible.

The current situation is that there appears to be a big bedbug issue affecting many London hotels. It's made me really paranoid! The hotels are blaming the airlines, and the airlines are blaming the hotels. It's a really viscious circle.

I'm pretty vigilant now and check the bed. Lets face it, the less time spent in bed = more time in the bar :bored:...........

Look on google images for bedbugs as a way to prepare, they're nothing like I had imagined.