PDA

View Full Version : EK : Insurance Premium for Compulsory Family Cover

Muffetology
24th Jan 2008, 11:36
Hi,

Would appreciate a lowdown on the abovementioned at EK.

How much out of pocket is to be expected?

Also, what coverage do we get?

Many thanks! :)

BigGeordie
24th Jan 2008, 12:17
Don't know about children, but for your wife they deduct 166Dhs a month from your salary. The cover is pretty good- family use the Emirates Clinic just like we do but with lower overall claim limits. No doubt somebody will come up with a medical horror story but in over 4 years I've never had a problem and neither has my wife.

Muffetology
24th Jan 2008, 14:25
Thanks BG. How about larger claims, such as pregnancy costs, etc?

Best Regards :)

kingoftheslipstream
24th Jan 2008, 16:59
ask yer recruitment contact in HR otherwise all you'll get here 'r rumours pilgrim...

ShockWave
26th Jan 2008, 05:00
There are limitations to family medical cover and it depends on what treatment is involved. If your wife gets pregnant while here after a few months you will be covered, but check out the rules first. If she arrives already pregnant then you will not be covered. Some other treatments will be limited in number. I also believe that there is an upper limit on external treatments (non EK) to a certain value. You would only get to this limit if you were faced with several critical illnesses.
I have found that the system is cumbersome and inefficient but the level of facilities and treatments available are of a very high standard. As long as the correct paperwork is done the bills will be paid by EK and claims will be submitted by EK to the insurer. You will not have any excess payments to pay.
All prescription medications are free over the EK counter and other stuff can be billed direct to your pay at "cost".