PDA

View Full Version : Info on Interair

Springbok614
23rd Jan 2008, 19:11
Can anyone give a prospective Interair 737 pilot a bit of backround on their operation and reputation? Maintenance, Aircraft Condition, Management.. you know, the ussual! Will be much appreciated! :ok:

LittleMo
24th Jan 2008, 08:01
Planes are ex SAA mostly so quite nice with SP177 autopilot etc. Not sure about maintenance as I've never heard any good or bad comment. Mr. Tokoph is a slimy b:mad:rd and his reputation and 3 Ghurka bodyguards speak volumes for his popularity...

I've always battled to get money out of the guys for freelance work, not sure how the permant guys fare with salaries o can't comment further...

AngrySquirrel
24th Jan 2008, 20:03
I've seen the internet gossip and other threads on here mentioning Tokoph....how much of this stuff is really true?

four engine jock
25th Jan 2008, 10:11
Dear Little Mo
I am not sure who you are but if you worked for Interair as a free lance crew member, you must have been paid on time.
I can confirm that all free lance crew are paid on time.
Interair has always paid all of their employees on time.

Springbok614 if you want to know something about Interair ASK ME!!!!!
Give me a PM

LittleMo
25th Jan 2008, 11:42
aah 4 Engine jock, oviously you're a 'compay man', TC maybe? and of course all free lancers got paid on time... Thats why a few guys refuse to fly for your enterprise anymore. We all know Tokoph's rep and history and no matter which way you slant it, he's still a snake.

four engine jock
25th Jan 2008, 17:20
Come man give it a break BLA BLA BLA
Interair has always paid all there free lance crews on time.
It may not be the best Free lance rate, but its always on time!!!!
But then you seem to upset with fact that maybe they dont use you!!

And yes TC it is.

fire
31st Jan 2008, 19:29
What would happen to interair if the intrepid "Four engine jock" (No engine??????) were'nt around at every concievable opportunity to defend the "Chairman" and his badly managed, of extremely dubious origin, airline? a search on google reveals an amazing amount of dirt on the "chairman" and its a real surprise that the scorpions are'nt knocking at the door yet or that this airline is even allowed to operate coz where there's smoke, there's FIRE.If you really,really desperate it should be the 1st or last airline you ever fly for. the 1st if you need hours and really cant find any other airline who'll take you and the last if you've reached retirement, dont need any money to live on and are bored. Springbok614 please dont believe a word you'r told, unless of course like many previous posts you'r actually fej or one of his cronies fishing again?????

Bleedvalve
31st Jan 2008, 20:04
All of you get a life. If you don't like Interair, don't go there. There is much more sh!t to worry about than to sit here and talk nonsense of the company.
And yes, I used to work there, and enjoyed it very much.
Had to move on to get better pay, thats life.

Go and work there and then decide for yourself if it is good or not. We don't all have the same taste.:yuk:

TC, bud, will phone you when I'm back.

Golf_Seirra
31st Jan 2008, 20:26
Are you guys looking for crew. Would be interested in your requirements. Thanks...

four engine jock
1st Feb 2008, 07:23
That’s correct Fire. I do back Mr.T, I have been doing that for over twenty years and will be for another twenty. There are things you should know.
There are time's when crews don't fly for months. BUT THE PAY IS ALWAYS ON TIME!! And he does not let anyone go, How many airline bosses do that? Not many. You seam to think you know who Mr. T is, but you don’t.

Yes he is tuff but fair. That how it should be!!!!
So Fire, GET A LIFE!!! or at least try to be nice!!!

And yes we are hiring and will have six B737 by the end of the year!!!!

nicholasblonde
6th Feb 2008, 08:49
Dear four-engine--I'm trying to PM you to ask you a couple of questions about Interair, so I'll ask it here--would they consider someone with 500 total time, 200 hours CRJ, and the 737 type rating complete--but no time on type???

Thanks.

Nick

grjplanes
6th Feb 2008, 12:19
will have six B737 by the end of the year

If I may ask, why? What would Interair's plans be for the future, things seemed to be very stagnated the last few years, not really more routes. I did see that there will be a once weekly flight to Entebbe (via Ndola) soon. Any chance that there will be more direct nonstop flights from JNB to other African cities...?

four engine jock
6th Feb 2008, 12:52
EBB will fully start next week and could a three times a week flights if it works out.
DXB,DKR,BGI,DLA,PNR,and MIA still on the cards

johnriketes
6th Feb 2008, 13:18
I also knew them, when they set up camp at Ostend Yes DT and his excuse for a human being brother, GT.

Wouldn't go near them with a barge pole.

Money laundering comes to mind.:(

grjplanes
7th Feb 2008, 08:48
EBB will fully start next week and could a three times a week flights if it works out.
DXB,DKR,BGI,DLA,PNR,and MIA still on the cards

EBB is only to be an extension of Ndola, so it's not really an increase in flights from JNB. Would be great for most of those destinations, but DXB and MIA...? With the 6 new 737s?
Hopefully have more nonstop flights from JNB, with not everything having to go through Brazzaville, Cotonou or Ndola in this case...

InterAir can be a much bigger player on the African continent!

spacedaddy
7th Feb 2008, 11:44
Johnriketes,
You must be a 707 or DC-8 driver since you know Ostend. Koekoek Chicken was the best. Who did you fly for?

johnriketes
7th Feb 2008, 14:04
spacedaddy My mate!!

Can neither confirm nor deny.

The chicken was good.

Classified. If I told you I would have to rub you out!!:}

Sorry but if my cover was blown there could be grave consequences for all concerned.:(

four engine jock
8th Feb 2008, 07:33
Johnriketes
What the hell are you on about!!!
GT must have fired you and you probably deserved it!!!!
Get a life Dude!!!!

johnriketes
8th Feb 2008, 09:01
four engine jock

Now that wasn't very nice old chap. Please don't address me like that again.

Have a read of these:

http://www.ruudleeuw.com/ostend.htm Para 1

http://www.douglasfarah.com/2005/03/bout-continues-to-fly-and-pentagons_09.html

had a spot of bother with the FAA too.

ftp://opinions.ca5.uscourts.gov/unpub/03/03-60183.0.wpd.pdf

On a par really with drug pushers.

Insane
8th Feb 2008, 09:23
Sounds as tho this guy comes from Zim....has his own interpretation of the law:}

Boeing737jock
1st Jul 2008, 04:30
Come on guys!

I work for InterAir before lot's of fun the money was on time i don't care what is David.T ,i do have lot's of respect for him and is Brother....they love aviation

TC is a nice guy to! i miss my High Flyer!

cheers