PDA

View Full Version : Approach Charts?

Wingman09
23rd Jan 2008, 17:05
Hi,
I have been struggling to find Charts for aerodromes for around africa, was wondering if there is a website where instrument approach plates can be purchased or downloaded. Countries that are needed are Zambia, DRC and Tanzania.

Cheers

mr bojangles
23rd Jan 2008, 18:36
If you can give me the aerodrome you want and an email I can attach them for you by saturday.

I have quite a few of them for both countries, if not all ;).....

mr bojangles

5N-OSA
24th Jan 2008, 20:23
Please anyone With Charts On Nigeria IAP's Or Aerodrome charts Or Enroute charts would be nice.I have scavenged the whole word wide web and can't find any.thankx

Springbok614
24th Jan 2008, 21:34
how about subscribing to the jepps like the rest of us? :ugh:otherwise contact the local aviation authorities for their AIP's! :ok:

5N-OSA
25th Jan 2008, 11:20
Jepps,!! from Nigeria, Won't that involve credit cards or something like that; I would love to but don't have such a luxury in sub-sah africa. Or if they are free at the local authorities, then that O.K. please let me know thankx:ok:.

Wingman09
25th Jan 2008, 15:45
Springbok614,
Yea i understand that would be the best option, have tried both but it is very hard to do that when you are in the middle of Africa with a poor internet connection. Was only after a couple of plates for rather remote parts of Africa.

Springbok614
26th Jan 2008, 10:10
no offense intended.. just thought you should know how to get hold of these as a cpl/atpl.

if you are looking for "jungle jepps" for the countries mentioned try googling contacts for he following companies/organisations:

tanzania: Mission Aviation Fellowship Tanzania
zambia: Flying Doctor Service Zambia or Pro Flight
DRC: Mission Aviation Fellowship as well.

if it is charts you need is for major centers, you should be able to find it in the jepps... en route charts would be a bit hard to copy/ download.

i would seriously advise that you subscribe to jeppessen for a set of mannuals covering the area of your operation. if you are a commercial operator and fairly remote in location, it could be a struggle i guess. as a commercial operator, if professional, you should have updated jepp manuals. copy some charts out of a jepp mannual then to help you get through initially. you should be able to get airport charts from local authorities... guess it can be a struggle if you want to get it emailed/faxed.

pm me if you need more info. good luck!

mr bojangles
26th Jan 2008, 10:40
Wingman09, check your PM.

Charts will be sent tonight.

Enjoy

Zenj
26th Jan 2008, 14:57
Bojangles

I wouldnt mind getting charts on soft copy,

Interested with JNB , HAH , EBB , and
( DAR , JRO , MWZ , MYW , ZNZ ) in Tanzania

Zenj

5N-OSA
27th Jan 2008, 17:37
I found some charts at the navigraph website (Software) For Africa but they are for simluation use only.They have some charts for african countries.I cant seem to get any digital charts for African countries. looks like thay are not going digital like the rest of the world. The ASECNA countries have thier charets online But Others like nigeria have yet to embrace such cheap technology like the rest.I can get Up to Date Charts For free at the FAa site Or Euro COntrol Site For Europe and many other countries. Still looking for charts for nigeria though, either current or outdated for Sim use.thanxs

Localiser Established
27th Jan 2008, 18:07
5N-OSA,

Check your PMs

Zenj
29th Jan 2008, 08:28
5N-OSA

How do you access Navigraph ?

How much is it ?

Zenj

akut
29th Jan 2008, 12:30
I there,
Ask: [email protected]
HeŽll help u.

akut

5N-OSA
30th Jan 2008, 19:32
Downloading the software is Free.you have to have an account with navighraph, also free.Then you purchase credits Which you use to download charts. A chart collection for a particular airport is about 2 credits and so on depending on what you download.

N.B The charts are for SIMULATION USE ONLY.

Capt. Manuvar
1st Feb 2008, 21:36
5N-OSA,

Jeppessen approach plates cover most airports and approaches in Nigeria. The AIP Nigeria contains more airports and approaches. For example, for Benin DNBE Jeppesen gives you only VOR and Lctr plates while the AIP gives you ILS and GNSS plates. The AIP is issued in hard copy and in CD-rom format (approx USD 100).
The Nigerian AIP also has enroute charts but they only cover Nigeria. Jeppessen charts 5 & 6 cover Nigeria but they're missing a couple of waypoints here and there.
A few companies such as aero, overland and DANa have a few jungle jepp style approaches for airports such as Akure, Osubi, Bauchi and Bebi in their ops amnuals. I don't know how legal it will be for you to use them.

merlinxx
2nd Feb 2008, 05:43
Ctc Capt Ed Boyo @ Overland/Landover

5N-OSA
3rd Feb 2008, 18:11
The charts are mainly for familiarization or Sim use.I don'e really need the real deal,somthing recent but not neccesarily legal or active.The AIP 100USD (12000N) Is issued by NAMA or the NCAA?