PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Seat Question

ped90
23rd Jan 2008, 16:58
I'm due to fly with TOM in Feb on a 757, just wondering what the seat pitch on these are and how they would compare to a 738.

Also if the Emergency seats are not reserved in advance do they allocate them on a first come first served basis at check in. The reason being is i'm 6'6" and my gf is 6'1" and I don't really fancy paying £60 in total, for the "luxury" of sitting in an exit seat. I assume they do not ever waive this fee.

Thanks in advance.

TotalBeginner
23rd Jan 2008, 20:59
If you haven't ordered a meal, you might find that your seat has already been allocated. Passengers who opt for no meal (NOML) are normally pre-assigned their seat towards the rear of the aircraft so that meal service is easier for the crew.

I assume they do not ever waive this fee.

These seats are normally given away towards the end of check-in. If the flight is full and it looks as though they have no takers, then they will have no choice but to give the seats to passegengers who are suitable. Otherwise, they may be stuck with a family at the end with children etc who, for safety reasons, cannot sit there.