PDA

View Full Version : Business Class

Huck
15th Jun 2001, 05:46
Like the Great White, one hears rumours occasionally that some international cargo pilots get business class seats when commercialling long distances to start a trip. I've heard this about Evergreen, Atlas, and others. I've also been told this is just wishful thinking.

Is this true anywhere? If so, what are the criteria to get business? Is it a leg length, or trans-atlantic/pacific, or what?

Zoner
15th Jun 2001, 09:06
At Evergreen the policy is Business class or better for all international flights (includes Hawaii and Alaska) for stage lengths of 6 hours or more. Domestic US travel is Business or better for Coast to Coast travel. These limits are contractual.

B74flyer
15th Jun 2001, 20:40
At Polar the story is close to the same. Business or better for any International flight over 5 hours long. Or any flight in the middle east or the Indian sub-continent.
This is in our contract.
Scott

TowerDog
17th Jun 2001, 21:33
Flew mostly business class when freightdogging. Sure they can try to force ya to go economy, but ya can also call in sick.

Once I flew in the back of an Air India 747 from Bombay to London to New York.
Stuck in between unwashed bodies and screaming children. Longest flight I ever had.
After that one, wrote a long letter to bossman and explained I was actually traveling on business for the company, not as a tourist, alas business class should be the way to go.

Zoner:

I flew the Zone some years ago on the 8 and the 747. Date of hire Feb 88, then left during the big BRU Dessert Shield Shake-up/Champagne Breakfast Party.
Were you there?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Understand Uncle Del invested in the Spruce Goose instead of a pay rise for the boys?. :)

Aye, I enjoyed Evergreen, they pulled me out of DC-3s and taught me to fly DC-8s.
Good old days.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

ex-expat
17th Jun 2001, 22:43
Give me the UAL contract. If it's company business, including training, the deadhead is schedule in a blocked First Class seat!All airline pilots need to fight for this as an anti-fatigue measure, i.e. it's safety related, get it! Do you think a middle manager for the airline goes tourist class for 6 hours in a middle seat then sits down to do a deal. Well, not if he's smart. Men, (and women) they can't fly the machines without us.

Zoner
20th Jun 2001, 12:16
Tower Dog: I missed the breakfast as I was inbound from Dover that day. As to the Goose, I don't know all the details but I do know the museum is leveraged up the yin or yang by Chase. It is another one of "The Companies". Regardless, we are still underpaid. Hire Date: 8/02/81. Cheers.

raitfaiter
20th Jun 2001, 12:28
Business class for us Martinair chaps too...

stanley
20th Jun 2001, 12:38
E.A.T. always send there crews business class all the time

supermech
20th Jun 2001, 22:12
and the engineers aswell!!!

TowerDog
21st Jun 2001, 19:20
Zoner:

Hmm, I probably know you then.
Are ya a check airman? Live in CA?

My e-mail is [email protected]

TD

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

CargoRat2
22nd Jun 2001, 02:01
Biz class for CLX too (irespective of sector length).

------------------
rgds Rat

Zoner
22nd Jun 2001, 04:37
TowerDog; Nope, Nope, and Nope. Good guess though. I'll e-mail after brain functions resume. My e-mail is [email protected].

TowerDog
22nd Jun 2001, 21:19
Okay Zoner, e-mail is on the way.
My Juno.com address is temporarily out of service.

To the others, sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but I have e-mail problems.....

TD

------------------
Men, this is no drill...