PDA

View Full Version : Bizjet Company Names And Shames Ex-Chief Pilot

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 10:01
Now I like a good story as well as the rest of us but this one, as explained to me by a handling agent, stopped me in my tracks.

A UK bizjet company recently sent an email to a large number of other companies (operators, fbo's etc) around Europe explaining that their ex-chief pilot was a crook, drug user, drink driver, thief, embezzler, fraudster and wife beater. :eek:

The company attached several documents to the email which stated that he had falsified his logbook and stolen an aircraft in the US from where he had been extradited (to answer charges in the UK) and was now wanted on two warrants back in the US from where he fled (he allegedly stole the aircraft to make good his escape).

Other documentation sent with the email included copies of Court documents and a newspaper article headed 'Dutch Citizen On Drug Charges' or similar. It seems the same person was the subject of discussion on PPRuNe a while ago when he and his father allegedly took money from trainee pilots who went to the US from the UK to obtain their licence and build hours.

Move over Unique Air thread. There's far more exciting stuff going on! (Cancels Sky subscription)

Callsign Viper
23rd Jan 2008, 10:29
Ha Ha ....

Can I Guess, Can I guess ?!

24/7 :E

Managed to get through a few Corporate operators inc LEA ... They got away lightly after just loosing one aircraft (owner) all down to 'him'.

:yuk:

Crosswind Limits
23rd Jan 2008, 12:23
My word! I actually knew the person and had flown with said person a few times although have not spoken in almost a year!

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 13:06
It makes fascinating reading I tell you. Judges, operators, press. Nobody seems to have much love for the guy or even his family come to that.

A loooooong bargepole would seem to be required.

Belgium Legacy
23rd Jan 2008, 13:17
Is this about J.V.?

doubleu-anker
23rd Jan 2008, 13:17
Come on! Don't keep us in suspenders! Where's the copy of the email?

Mind you I am not one to indulge in gossip.

Crosswind Limits
23rd Jan 2008, 14:01
Belgium Legacy behave yourself now!:E

kwachon
23rd Jan 2008, 14:09
How about just one little link here........

Belgium Legacy
23rd Jan 2008, 14:10
Just read the last lines of the first post, think my question is answered. Just dd know that he made it up that far somewhere :uhoh:
I'll shut up :oh:

Weypoint Wayne
23rd Jan 2008, 15:01
At last...the antics of this lunatic are coming to light. For too long now, this man, yes JRV has been running a mock up and down Europe, swearing at just about anybody in his way including ATC!!!:confused: He has reduced FBO agents to tears:{ Willfully dismissed passengers as idiots and conned good people out of thousands. He is a real life Jekell and Hyde who seems to live in a self constructed fantasy land of power and fortune. The reality... a near broken fool who has, thankfully, been ousted from his latest venture to the good fortune of his unsuspecting victim:D- they, upon realising the true nature of this monsters capabilities have clearly by the action of the email (copied to the CAA) desperatly tried to stop him from attempting to destroy more lives. Shortly I hope the evidence and email will be here to read an JRV will be judged by his peers. Of course the real danger with this insane man is that the CAA have, in their duped wisdom, made him a TRE/TRI which makes this con man even more dangerous...He could be examining you next!!!!:ooh:

kwachon
23rd Jan 2008, 15:23
Will someone please post a link or a google clue so the rest of us can see what all this is about...

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 15:42
Well I've now got the documents but need to find somewhere to host them for the link.

I, however, am rubbish at t'net so this may take some time.

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 16:20
Links as promised.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii109/NaughtyCP/StatusofMichiganp2.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii109/NaughtyCP/BenchWarrantIngrid.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii109/NaughtyCP/DParticleAug_20_2002.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii109/NaughtyCP/remarksatsentencing.jpg

kwachon
23rd Jan 2008, 16:32
Thanks for the links but where is the connection with aviation?

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 16:55
That's not all of the docs. I'm struggling with the rest which is a shame as they are the ones that detail his escape in an aircraft that doesn't belong to him, log book irregularities and removal of aircraft and company documents.

I'd have thought the embezzlement conviction was enough to flag up but I suppose I should have just let him continue to cut a swathe through the industry as a TRE, CP or whatever his next position is :rolleyes:

Oddly enough one company have already been in touch and expressed appreciation for the information so if this has prevented only them being taken in I'd say it's worth it.

Callsign Viper
23rd Jan 2008, 17:02
JV ...

Started of by screwing people over for flight training in the states (by selling, taking and not giving) and after taking refuge in the UK went on to fly for LEA, talked himself up plenty to fellow pilots and owner's ... Became a manager at one of the aircraft owners companies under some title or another. Got told to bugger off and went to 24/7 to talk himself into the Chief Pilot position. Gets a TRI/TRE etc descide's he's stuffed them enough believe he messed them up on a few charters and then stole the company range rover :rolleyes:

The last part of the story is word of mouth, I heard he's banged up now but I may be wrong after reading the links ... I know police were digging on him very recently.

Otherwise He's a really nice guy :E

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 17:16
Ooooh, look! An open can of worms.

<Sits down to watch>

cldrvr
23rd Jan 2008, 17:19
Isn't it lovely when they air their dirty laundry in public? Something to do on a rainy night.

TheOtherSide
23rd Jan 2008, 17:19
Well I gotta thank Flintstone for bringing this to our attention. Not a nice man at all. The industry deserves to know this!

Now going to sit and watch! :D

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 17:33
Hey, don't thank me. I'm just passing on something that's already in the public domain.

Belgium Legacy
23rd Jan 2008, 20:07
Why did I expect that I would read something like this about him someday.
I agree that this kind of persons don't belong in the aviation biz, but he could fly an airplane (and tell good stories at the bar).

Going to sit back and read the rest

pilotbear
23rd Jan 2008, 20:41
My god, I knew this guy back in 1998, I thought he was in jail. Apparently, he was wanted by the FBI then:eek:
He was trying to sell Lear jet type ratings with 'guaranteed' FO job at the end with his Dads company.:=

Weypoint Wayne
24th Jan 2008, 11:39
I dont care who you are in aviation, where you come from or your intentions, until that is, you turn out to be almost as infomous as Billy the Kid and are sitting in the left seat passing duff and unqualified information to anyone who has to listen...FBO, Fuel truck drivers, First Officers, ATC, Ops Guys, etc.

As a captain and a TRE/TRI and Chief Pilot:8 you would be forgiven for assuming a certain level of decorrum about this individual. You should be able to trust him etc:= isnt that what a back ground check of five years is supposed to achieve:rolleyes: and a CRB, log book CV etc

So please, in the face of such guilt can we make sure that this individual never flys with us again. What is the point of flight safety training if this idiot and those like him can under mine it around us. A con man, if not surpressed will always return and walk again especially one as prolific as this.....run him out of town and back to the hole from which he came:D

RED WINGS
25th Jan 2008, 19:51
This isnt the same guy who always used to wear white shoes and got very nasty when his credit was refused? and once his wallet was produced all his credit cards would bounce by any chance? Anyone got a picture?

If it is the same guy im thinking of, he once asked me for a VFR flightplan, I explained night VFR was not possible in the Netherlands after he bawled me out I filed it for him, Minutes later ATC called to ask what was going on and he started screaming at them! It was about that point I began to wonder if the guy was even qualified let alone what his business card claimed!

twinjetter
25th Jan 2008, 19:58
Is this the same guy who used to hang around easyLand/EZYops 5-ish years ago? The guy that no-one was quite sure what he was doing but was too polite to challenge coz he was so cock-sure he MUST have been legit?

Belgium Legacy
25th Jan 2008, 20:46
Sounds like him :O

Is his merc still standing at Inflight Stansted?

Cypher
26th Jan 2008, 10:19
http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-234389.html

Seems to run in the family, like father like son.

At the bottom of the archived thread, you will notice a magazine article that has been translated form Dutch.
You'll notice a certain somebody's name will pop in in the article.

Good on this company on warning everyone out there about these people...

Arkwright
26th Jan 2008, 19:41
Inflite finally cleared his car away about a year ago.....

PSF2J
5th Feb 2008, 12:09
You learn something new everyday. I flew with this guy a hell of a lot. He was always safe with me, if a little too keen on smoking in the aircraft!

Weypoint Wayne
6th Feb 2008, 08:19
A little contradiction there I think, flying safely and smoking in the aircraft:confused: most AOC's now state No Smoking on company aircraft for safety reasons. (besides the new law)

sispanys ria
6th Feb 2008, 11:15
All i see is a bunch of rats gossiping and ruining a name with no demonstrated evidence. Pathetic.

Crosswind Limits
6th Feb 2008, 12:03
sispanys ria,

Do you happen to know him? If you don't, let me tell you he is notorious! I flew with him a few times. He was a capable pilot but not one to follow rules which made me uncomfortable. A bit of a maverick! I think he may hold the record for the longest trip in a Bravo! :hmm:

I was warned about him by a couple of guys before flying with him. Some of the stories I heard were so incredible I couldn't believe them at first. However since then I bumped into at least half a dozen people who all had something to say about him. I think in his case there is no smoke without fire!

baby hormones
6th Feb 2008, 13:50
Crosswind limits:

and what record would that be???:}

Flintstone
6th Feb 2008, 16:43
All i see is a bunch of rats gossiping and ruining a name with no demonstrated evidence. Pathetic.

Yeah I know what you mean. Those links in post #14 are just heresay. Especially the judges summing up, the Arrest Warrant and the newspaper clipping describing his drug bust.

Shame there's no evidence, eh?:rolleyes:

Steak&Kidney_Pie
8th Feb 2008, 19:53
sispanys ria

Sounds like you don't know much about the man in question. As for smoking....unacceptable

He was arrested just recently for not returning his company range rover i heard!

Rumour has it a certain man has been seen in an american registered challenger at Kemble. Wondering if the owner knows about this con artist, oh and of course, JV! :E

Those two belong with each other