PDA

View Full Version : They Don't Check Med History

NickGooseBrady
23rd Jan 2008, 07:33
Guys,

I have been informed that when you have your Class 1 Medical, as long as you pass all the tests and examinations and answer the questions the right way:cool: then you get your class 1. Amazingly, unless there is an accident, your Medical History is not checked.

Can this be true?

NGB

Shunter
23rd Jan 2008, 11:24
That is correct.

chris-squire
23rd Jan 2008, 12:10
"answer the questions the right way then you get your class 1. Amazingly, unless there is an accident, your Medical History is not checked."

Not quite sure why this has come up......what you say is true for the most part but they have the legal right to write to your GP at any time and ask for clarification or further explanation of anything that you have disclosed. Similarly, if they suspect for a second that you could be hiding something from them then they will most likely check up on you and can insist on a repeat session at LGW.

Bottom line, whilst I'm sure you're not encouraging that things be kept from the CAA, DISCLOSE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU THINK MIGHT BE RELEVANT. I don't know your postion and it's not my place to tell anyone what to do but spending ££££'s on traning only get found out a few years later, ratings and licences stripped and then prosecuted is a bloody fool!

CS :)

gingernut
23rd Jan 2008, 13:31
Telling untruths to your AME is a little like sleeping with your best friends mum.

At the time it seems like a good idea, but deep down you know it's wrong, and invariably it will catch you out.

Known in the trade as a Roy Walker moment (Catchphrase)

-"it's good, but it's not right."