PDA

View Full Version : Stage 4 noise implementation

stellair
22nd Jan 2008, 23:56
Hi,

Does anyone know what the plans for introducing stage 4 noise restrictions on night flights operating aircraft built before 2006 will be? Hearsay says 2010 will be the year for a Europe wide introduction but can anyone confirm this? Much of the infrormation found in archived threads is quite old now and the CAA website was not much help, thanks........:confused:

discus177
23rd Jan 2008, 01:24
Stage 4 noise restrictions, hmm, becoming a joke no? What would this mean for African based freighters with older airframes on their quest to deliver freight to Europe?

I can't see many affordable freighters available for operators within Africa. These B777 & A330 freighters are great in many aspects, although are not affordable for a great demographic. The continent is plagued with B747 Classics, DC-10's and DC-8's [Sure the 8's have been banned by now]

Europe setting the noise restriction trends since 2001. Wait for the rest of the world to follow, as cotton wool kids grow up.

Bring back the 60's > 80's.

Cheers

Snoop
21st Feb 2008, 21:00
Well,

If operators continue to want to fly archaic museum pieces chucking out more pollution than a small African country, then let them operate out in the wilds, not above my house at 2300hrs going to Stanstead and 0400hrs for the return. :p

What the freight market need is good cost efficient kit with a small noise footprint. :eek:

Something like a hot air balloon. Or you could always go GA - Get a Dash 8! Queen of the skies dontcha know.
;););););)

Peace out homie.

Hunter58
22nd Feb 2008, 09:44
These B777 & A330 freighters are great in many aspects, although are not affordable for a great demographic.

If you can affrod the fuel of the others you can affort the new aircraft as well...

planes49
22nd Feb 2008, 14:42
The cost of leasing a 747-400 versus a 747-200 is a multiple of several times. The fuel saving of about 15% doesn't make up the difference, though the maintenance cost of the 200 is bigger.(-200 freight man).

stellair
26th Feb 2008, 02:06
Snoop

Or you could always go GA - Get a Dash 8! Queen of the skies dontcha know :=

For 'the queens' of the sky more like!

If operators continue to want to fly archaic museum pieces chucking out more pollution than a small African country, then let them operate out in the wilds, not above my house at 2300hrs going to Stanstead and 0400hrs for the return

At least when you hear/feel that dirty filthy drone of 4 all metal props thundering over your west country mansion at the dead of night you'll remember what got you into flying in the fist place. I bet it wasn't being stood at an airport saying "look daddy.... that aeroplane is so quiet, efficient and environmentally friendly - I want to be a pilot" :E

;););)

Need to Know Basis
26th Feb 2008, 12:14
This may wander off and I apologize if it does. However I don`t understand. Can someone explain to me why IL76 stage 2 are allowed or continue to use CHR & XCR ? Understood both airfields are in the middle of nowehere and you can pretty much make all the noise you want. That is not my point. Regulations are regulations ao please someone tell me how it can happen ?

We operated into XCR last year with a B742F with an ongoing row with the DGCA about their view being Stage 2 whereas its Stage 3 but marginally compliant. Just managed to keep the arguement going enough for them to be too late in posting a fine.

Hence my bewilderment as to rules within the EU and what individual countries actually allow. I do know France is famous for cherry picking all of EU Law and this is a classic example. :rolleyes:

Snoop
26th Feb 2008, 18:32
Nah - it was the fat forty year old captain in a porsche with a trophy wife that made me think a pilots life might be ok. :E

stellair
27th Feb 2008, 00:04
Only one to go then snoop :E So when's the porsche arriving? :E