PDA

View Full Version : TAG Recruitment

Ianlovut
22nd Jan 2008, 20:29
TAG got a website anywhere? Googled it but got nowhere....

Nearly There
22nd Jan 2008, 20:35
http://www.tagaviation.ch/farnborough/home_farn.htm

http://www.tagaviation.com/

Ianlovut
23rd Jan 2008, 19:15
Many thanks.

:ok:

CaptainProp
24th Jan 2008, 11:59
Is on-line application the only way? Need a type rating to be considered? Have had an application in for more then a year now but have not heard anything. Maybe they get a lot of guys applying with corporate type ratings...?

/CP

Flintstone
24th Jan 2008, 16:48
CP.

You have mail.

CaptainProp
25th Jan 2008, 01:51
TT, I know where you're coming from! I really need to get a change, soon!!

Good luck!

/CP

BizJetJockey
25th Jan 2008, 08:22
Hmmm...do I get the impression you guys would rather be Chauffeurs than Bus Drivers? :E

Lafort
2nd Feb 2008, 13:03
Can anyone recommende other source of information on Tag other than their website please? I would like to know about plans for future.

Flintstone
2nd Feb 2008, 19:59
TAG are recruiting for the new Lear and Mustang fleets which are to operate out of Farnborough as well as other aircraft managed through that base, Geneva and Madrid.

AFTA
3rd Feb 2008, 13:25
Have been trying to apply via online system 4 times now and the only result is an error mesage after i push apply:ugh: Is it possible to just send a brief CV to a email adress?

Lafyar Cokov
4th Feb 2008, 10:40
I'm a military (Helo) pilot trying to apply for a fixed wing job with them - and also having difficulties pushing send. Anyone have any fresh ideas how to apply????

Flintstone
4th Feb 2008, 13:14
You have mail.

rasec
5th Feb 2008, 01:37
why does everyone mail eachother. theres a reason why this is a forum. others would like to know if information as well.

youngskywalker
5th Feb 2008, 10:26
2 on 2 off roster looks appealing, well it is for me as im 7 on 7 on at moment!

I don't suppose they ever employ FAA rated corporate Pilot's outside of the USA do they?

airmiles
6th Feb 2008, 12:03
May I ask what the minimum requirements are for TAG Aviation...?

max.aret
6th Feb 2008, 22:44
Deleted by the author.

airmiles
6th Feb 2008, 22:48
I have around 1000 hours and I have some jet time too, but got told today that my application was denied.. :( I have heard chaps with less get interviews.. hence I was wondering. :ok:

max.aret
7th Feb 2008, 08:44
Most likely reason for that: experience on type or similar aircraft.

I had applications rejected even though I nearly had twice the required time plus 1000h on jet, worked for the company before and referees within company. Reason: they (not TAG) wanted someone who lives in Zurich. I also had an application rejected even though I was the chief pilot's favourite candidate, but the owner went for one of the other 50 applicants. On the other hand I have seen guys with 500h being sent onto G550s (DC Aviation, Germany).

BottyTotty
7th Feb 2008, 11:51
I now someone who would likley be interested in applying.

does anybody have any idea on approximate salaries for F/O, Captains.

I guess its fleet sprecific but just a rough idea. nothing listed on PPJN.com

cheers

vector3
7th Feb 2008, 17:07
I understand TAG is expanding.Do they have any BBJ's or planning for it in the future?

BottyTotty
8th Feb 2008, 11:25
still trying to find out payrates for a corporate friend??

does anybody have any idea on approximate salaries for F/O, Captains.

I guess its fleet sprecific but just a rough idea. nothing listed on PPJN.com

cheers

Flintstone
8th Feb 2008, 17:04
Rates vary from aircraft to aircraft because most are individually owned and the owner has some input on salaries.

Mid-size cabin (Falcon, CL604) would earn around £80,000 basic as captain and just over half that for an FO. I emphasise though, that's an average figure.

maxer
14th Feb 2008, 09:36
somewhere before in this discussion there was stated that you neede 1000hr as a first officer. But everyone can apply and be invited for an interview! Look at this: I have 385totaltime, 220PIC, 31ME all on piston! And live in Denmark. I think maybe this company look more on what else you have been doing in yhour life maybe. But I am really happy, looks like the businness has chanced, also for low timers!

airmiles
14th Feb 2008, 12:45
See now that is what I don't understand. I have more hours than Maxer and also some jet time, but I don't get an interview with TAG. This is just not fair!! I have applied to so many places for the last year and I have many of the minimums.. and no job or interview. :ouch:

Congratulations to you though Maxer. :ok:

LegsUpLucy
14th Feb 2008, 17:42
Anyone having problems on the TAG website can forward CVs to
[email protected]:ok:

cleartoland04
17th Feb 2008, 14:01
Thanks for that I was having problems too!

Someone asked earlier if you can fly for TAG with FAA licences outside of the US? Can anyone answer that please?

barista
17th Feb 2008, 16:45
Canot answer that but TAG used to be one of the best place to work in corporate. From what I heard on the ramp in Farnboro people are not so happy with the new boss that Netjets send them.

LegsUpLucy
19th Feb 2008, 17:46
Tag still IS a great place to work???!!!:ok:

saffron
20th Feb 2008, 10:50
Hadn't heard of any ruffled feathers so far,but we tend to be a bit out of the loop in Moscow;last in Farnborough July last year! Met our new Flight Ops Director last week in Moscow,seemed perfectly OK to me.

Leo45
20th Feb 2008, 11:34
I can also vouch for it. It is still indeed one of a the best companies in GA to work for.

Backtofly
22nd Feb 2008, 17:20
Hi all,
any idea about selection process...? :ooh: (ATPL questions, sim, interview...?)
thanks for support...

Backtofly

Lafyar Cokov
22nd Feb 2008, 23:27
The same as him ^^^^^^^^
If anyone knows anything about the current selection process could they please advise. Many thanks! :)

LRdriver II
23rd Feb 2008, 13:29
I had an on-line personality eval sent to me and had to be finished prior to the interview day (2-3 hours work at your own pace at home)
On the day, short company intro, followed by tech exam (general IFR questions etc..) this was followed by 30min sim ride in G4 simulator (raw data, SID, steep turns, ILS... a few things to catch you out but try to minimize breifing to basics, sim instructor in right seat, ask and ye shall receive..) and lastly an interview by a panel of 4 from TAG.(role play scenarios included)
All this isnt ness. in that order as a group would swap around (one in for chat, other in for sim ride etc... groups are 4-6 people for a day, but some waiting time to be expected, but tea/coffee/fizzy drinks and lunch sarnies provided.

Good luck :ok:

robash
27th Feb 2008, 14:03
Does anyone know how TAG are progressing with their recruitment drive for the large mustang/lear fleets that are to be EGLF based?

I heard they were after some large numbers.

jamesarmstrong
27th Feb 2008, 16:54
they're still looking for north of 10 x L45 drivers - dont know situation on mustang.

LJ60 Flyer
27th Feb 2008, 20:25
G'day all,

I'm one of the many happy TAG employee. That's true that the website is useless for applications:D the only or almost only thing to do to get hired is to talk directly to the chief pilot ot it's deputy or know a friend who talks to him/her about you and get your CV with copies of licences directly in hand.
selection isn't hard:rolleyes: but you get to be prepared. Questions about ATPL (just some), sim ride on a Falcon or G4, raw datas, for low timers like me, be prepared for the worst fear of your life when you climb with 5000+ ft/min after take-off and everything goes like hell in that cockpit:\red face you'll be for sure...anyway, fun stuff! If you realise and reduce even drastically the power and don't overshoot the altitude by more than 100ft you're ok, handling of a/c is easy I found, for once it works much better than on an FNPTII where the horizon always got 45° off within 3 seconds of looking away:E.
Any questions on TAG you can e-mail me. Nice place to be, salaries ok, as an ab-initio on jet with ~500 hours in Switzerland it's 5000 CHF type rating paid by TAG...in the U.K it's 'round the same but in £.

what else, yes, some airplane are in management, salaries and conditions depends on the client.

Hope that helps, good luck to all of you trying guys and gals:ok:

Lafyar Cokov
27th Feb 2008, 21:01
LR Driver II and LJ60 Flyer

Thanks very much for your answers - all excellent stuff - the kind of thing that makes PPRune what it is! At least us 'wannabes' have a 'ballpark to start preparing for!

Has anyone (openly or not) bought sim time in a BizJet prior to an assesment to get an idea of what they should be doing when the time comes?

Thanks again for your time guys :)

LC

Memo Panel
28th Feb 2008, 06:44
Does anyone know of a bizjet sim in the UK where I can get some pre-interview time? Thanks

Flintstone
28th Feb 2008, 08:27
Hmmm, you can rule Flight Safety out. They won't ldeal with us proles. You could try Oxford Academy (ex-Gecat) at Horley. They have an old Hawker 700sim that's relatively cheap.

Thing is your TAG interview will almost certainly involve the G4, chalk and cheese. Glass cockpit -v- steam driven, completely different feel. Better than nothing though, perhaps someone else can suggest something better?

Memo Panel
28th Feb 2008, 08:55
thanks - if anyone else knows of a sim vaguely resembling a GIV pl say tx

Another procedure
28th Feb 2008, 10:41
Although it's not a GIV, Atlantic Flight Training have a CRJ Jet sim which might give an idea of the glass cockpit layout/experience and it's round the corner. Well you did say "vaguely" !!

Nearly There
28th Feb 2008, 18:13
European at Bournemouth have a 727 sim, Mike Boulton will do pre sim in this for around £300ph

Well you did say vaguely:eek:

At least its a swept wing jet. rear eng, t tail, just a tad bigger and er steam driven...

Just beware the GIV speed tape works the 'wrong way' to most efis displays...

Best of luck:ok:

orangedriver
28th Feb 2008, 19:53
Reading here it looks like a few of you guys who are applying, or have an interview coming up, don't have any previous EFIS/glass experience. Is this a "normal" level of experience for guys getting interviews with TAG? I thought it was one of the more sought after bizjet jobs around and would therefore attract quite experienced or type rated guys....?

Memo Panel
28th Feb 2008, 19:56
Thanks for the sim suggestions everyone

NuName
29th Feb 2008, 06:59
"Reading here it looks like a few of you guys who are applying, or have an interview coming up, don't have any previous EFIS/glass experience. Is this a "normal" level of experience for guys getting interviews with TAG? I thought it was one of the more sought after bizjet jobs around and would therefore attract quite experienced or type rated guys....?"

A good and well experienced pilot will adapt to EFIS very quickly, I have never heard of this not being the case. IMHO I would rather be in the company of a good all round pilot who is moving on to something new than a EFIS or FMS wizzkid with no serious operational experience. Maybe this is what TAG is thinking:)

Flintstone
29th Feb 2008, 07:52
Nothing as complicated as that.

Some candidates have EFIS/glass experience and some don't. That's what makes us all so different and interesting <warm fuzzy feeling>:}

CaptainProp
29th Feb 2008, 08:11
He he he! :)

"A good and well experienced pilot", "serious operational experience". I think that was exactly what orangedriver was trying to say.

Another question. Someone was mentioning around 80 000 GBP for a captain for the larger fleets. What would the pay be on the smaller mustang or lear fleets? Flintstone, any idea?

Flintstone
1st Mar 2008, 15:25
Capt Prop. I should know the answer to that one shouldn't I?:\

I'll ask. Give me a few days though, I'm down route and the office is closed.

CaptainProp
1st Mar 2008, 20:28
Thats what I was hoping for! :E Thanks! :ok:

CP

mundaka
1st Mar 2008, 22:31
Hello there I would like to know whether or not TAG operates any of those types in the UK or elsewhere in Europe? Is this a 2 on 2off roster?

Thanks

NuName
2nd Mar 2008, 06:51
Captainprop
Quote:
He he he!:)
"A good and well experienced pilot", "serious operational experience". I think that was exactly what orangedriver was trying to say.

So sorry, I seem to have understood surprise at the lack of EFIS/GLASS experience, along with the question "is this a normal level of experience" I was fooled into thinking that the author perceived this to be a lamentable state of affairs. Especialy with the final coment::ugh:

"I thought it was one of the more sought after bizjet jobs around and would therefore attract quite experienced or type rated guys....?"

CaptainProp
2nd Mar 2008, 08:12
Well....The "He he he"-part from me referred to Flintstones "I should know the answer etc".

As far as the comments here about experience levels, Flintstone has given the answer so no need to get into this one any further I guess?

CP

CaptainProp
2nd Mar 2008, 21:58
The word is preliminary April . Hope this helps!

Good luck!

CP

CaptainProp
13th Mar 2008, 15:07
Anybody with some news? Saw the new add on flightglobal...

CP

Lear Jockey
19th Mar 2008, 22:29
Well, first post for me on here!

I wanna know if all of you had to undergo a psychological test or simulator ride before being hired to TAG. I can tell you that the salary posted by LJ60 Flyer for Switzerland is correct but I have no idea about the one in the UK. Can it be less???? (little "hi" to my chief pilot here!!:E) anyway, that's interesting to know what the new recruitment process is like and if anybody wants to go to TAG, only 3 words: Go for it!!! ;)

Good luck!

alkor
22nd Mar 2008, 11:36
What about the roaster in Geneva. How many nights are you away from home?
Net income for F/O per month. What abot after couple of years? How is the salary based-basic + per diem or per leg? Medical insurance, pension scheme?

How long for an upgrade.

many thanks,

A

Fakawi
26th Mar 2008, 22:21
I do seriously hope no one gets on the roaster in Geneva

:-)

alkor
27th Mar 2008, 15:15
why is that,

a

NuName
27th Mar 2008, 15:23
:cool::ugh:

CaptainProp
27th Mar 2008, 16:10
:E Roaster, roster and of course the rooster, anybody? :p

Flintstone
27th Mar 2008, 16:59
Well we could draw up a roster to see whose turn it is to cook the rooster in the roaster.

plinkton
27th Mar 2008, 17:18
...Ask a 'rasta', 'grandmaster' or the local 'pastor'.

Be careful or you may need a 'sticking plaster'.

vector3
29th Mar 2008, 13:25
I saw TAG wants crew for Ukraine.Is that for only one a/c or are they opening a bigger base there?
I belive the roster in geneva is 2/2, same in farnb?
Thanks

cityshuttle737
30th Mar 2008, 11:58
Hi,
saw the ad in flight international some days ago.
What are the chances to be hired as captain on the Global Express without typ-rating (I have around 6000h TT,most of them on 737NG´s,about 1000 as PIC,also worked already 3 years in General aviation where I flew King Air´s)
Also would be nice to know how the roster would be,salary and general working atmosphere?
Maybe somebody could tell me?
Thank you

jefferd
2nd Apr 2008, 23:23
LJ60 flyer, i got an interview and would like as much info as possible please.

wat kind of questions do they ask for the tech stuff,wat kind do HR ask ,the pilots etc. wat kind of people do they like to hire/like to hear in interviews and absolutely not like to hear? wat do u do in the sim rid? sid,wat else if you remember.

sounds like bs, but dreamed of TAG for 8yrs now. PLEASE,PLEASE,HELP!

Flintstone
2nd Apr 2008, 23:39
Psssst!!! Just don't fill out the paperwork in txtspeak :hmm:

YHM

CaptainProp
3rd Apr 2008, 07:41
Jefferd, sorry can't help you with info. When did you get the email saying that your application had been successful and that you would be contacted for the interview date? I'm still waiting.....

Good luck with the interview!

CP

woodcoc2000
10th Apr 2008, 14:26
same as captain prop. got email about 2 months ago saying would get an interview but they specifically said an interview schedule had not been arranged yet. anyone got the inside scoop??

jafar
11th Apr 2008, 07:17
Hi,

I have tried to send my CV on their web page, but still get that error message. Any idea?

Many thanks

CaptainProp
11th Apr 2008, 07:23
Try email! Address has been mentioned on this thread I think...

sispanys ria
11th Apr 2008, 08:26
I would appreciate to have some feedback from those who will proceed to an FO position interview. They say my JAA Frozen ATPL, CPL-IR-ME 3100 TT of corporate turboprop experience doesn't match their requirements...
Do I need to have a NASA training to change radio freqs in a Learjet or is it just a need to have a sponsor ?

jafar
11th Apr 2008, 08:45
Thanks CP I will look. Do they take non Type rated captains? I have 11500 hours on AC ore than 40 tons

Lear Jockey
11th Apr 2008, 09:46
Hi!

well, as an F/O for TAG believe me you don't only change frequencies:hmm: ...you fly, like on a normal B737 or A320, each leg split between you and the Captain:ok:

Why the Hell saying this?? Anyway, maybe with such a minded personnality you haven't much chances, I can imagine flying after a couple of years with a Captain allowing only frequencies changes:ugh:, anyway, for those F/O having an interview in the future, I wish you all good luck, it's a great company to work for, the schedule in LSGG is NOT 2/2, at least not for most airplane. It's a normal schedule with days ON/days OFF, meaning days ON you are actually on stand-by and will fly if a contractor wants to fly!!:ok:

Have fun

Taxi2parking
11th Apr 2008, 12:20
Mate, I think you may have just over reacted to sispanys ria's post.:{

I think he wants an FO job and was just making a small joke about not appearing to meet the entry requirements.

No Country Members
11th Apr 2008, 13:20
Sispanys Ria

If your ATPL is still frozen, is this due to a lack of multi crew hours, or something else?

sispanys ria
17th Apr 2008, 07:16
My ATPL is still frozen because my military multi crew experience isn't valid for unfreezing...
Of course I was jocking, since I know some FOs have been recruited with less experience than me. I'm little bit disappointed since I wasn't even offered an interview while I'm already living in GVA... I just wonder how my experience isn't matching with the requirements.

Lear Jockey
17th Apr 2008, 15:49
yes me too i was joking....:8

anyway, good luck, I don't know why you haven't received any info, will send you a PM!

Cheers!

kepa007
20th Apr 2008, 21:23
Good day to all of you,

I have a DEC interview comming up soon. They did not specify for what fleet but it seems it might be for the Lear/Skyjet program.
I am not typed on that aircraft but hold a type rating in a type managed by them.
Do you have any information about the conditions offered by TAG for such a position (roster, salary, benefits, etc) ?
Do you know if you only fly for the aircraft owner or you end up flying any aircraft in the fleet (Lears) like Netjets?
What are the main differences between working for TAG and doing so for NETJETS (I passed the phone preliminary and was told I will have a formal interview in the near future)...?

If you can help me with any of these I will appreciate it.

Thanks ;)

Kepa007

potatowings
29th Apr 2008, 13:39
Although I can't offer an answer to the above question, I was wondering kepa007, what is your experience level.

Just thinking about TAG.

fragman
3rd May 2008, 15:34
I've got a TAG interview soon with Chief Pilot, HR and another. Anyone know what the interview process is? All I know is it lasts about an hour

kepa007
5th May 2008, 23:19
They want to get to know you and ask you questions about your experience and career progress. A few technical questions. Nothing complicated. Very easy going and a relaxed atmosphere. It seems like an interesting company to work for and they have good plans for growth.
Good luck. Just be yourself.

lowandslow2006
6th May 2008, 16:29
any word about the job posting for tag asia.
aircraft types, pay, days on-off, benefits, were to send you cv, etc.....
thanks in advance

ABO944
25th May 2008, 14:29
Anyone heard anything regarding TAG recruitment ? Blink ?? Learjets ??

Whats the latest news from the grapevine ?

:ok:

Pilot Positive
26th May 2008, 10:39
May have been all quiet recently as the Geneva show has been taking place in the last few days...
....guess we might be hearing something soon if the trip to Switzerland went well for the management.

Pilot Positive :)

Lembrado
26th May 2008, 14:52
Hello,

I have been on the 'list' of people to be interviewed for three months now! I have been wondering if I fit the Tag profile?

Question:

To those of you who have been interviewed recently, anybody with a pure Airline background only? Like me - B757/767. 3000 hours.
I suspect that Tag are only interviewing peeps with corporate experience. By the way, I have no interest in Blink, just Tag mainline as it were.

Thanks chaps

L.

janusz
26th May 2008, 23:00
Now that Vistajet have nicked the Skyjet business maybe TAG won't be recruiting!

My understanding is that TAG were looking for a lot of pilots to crew the 12 or so Lears that were to be used for Skyjet.

Hopefully they have not employed people already as that could be messy.

ABO944
30th May 2008, 21:58
Anymore news on the above ?

It's all gone a bit quiet !

:uhoh:

AFTA
6th Jun 2008, 16:04
Got the "yes we want so se you but no date yet" in february. Mailed them a few days ago and the answer was something like "current process on hold".

Seems like the music is about to stop. If you have a seat probably wise to remain seated I think.

Pilot Positive
8th Jun 2008, 18:09
AFTA,

A few of us got a letter from TAG at the end of last week saying that they had reviewed their experience levels for application. :uhoh:

Officially for FOs it now stands at: 1500TT flying, Multi-Crew experience, 500ME and 250 Jets or relevant corporate experience.

Not sure if you fall into the low experience category? However it does suggest that they have slimmed down their recruitment goals. :{

Anyone know whether this will be the standard for Blink?

Sky_Captain
9th Jun 2008, 21:03
Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump on the questioning band-waggon but need to ask as my fortunes may change; are they really hiring or not? Tried to talk to a certain ex-Netjets now TAG person in EGLF last week but got the fobbed off with the please email us line, but they couldn't say whether they were recruiting or not!!!

Been on business jets for over two years now with enough hours to apply but would love to hear from those already within if it is a good time or not?

Many Thanks,

S.C. :ok:

ABO944
9th Jun 2008, 21:42
It's all gone very quiet ... even from the recruitment people ... perhaps they don't know what's happening themselves ?! That's the impression I get !

So, people that got a letter ..... were you already in the holding pool ..... have you been dumped out ??

All the best to you !

DinoCraft9
10th Jun 2008, 10:05
Hi everyone,

I just got a letter from them (I applied by e-mail 2 months ago) saying basically that they are reviewing my application and will contact me again ASAP but have received large number of applications and it may take a while...

The letter is dated on 5th of june so I guess they are recruiting despite VJ is buying Bombardier's Skyjet!

Good luck!

aviatn
10th Jun 2008, 13:10
They have an ad in Flight International looking for crew in Geneva or Basel.

VickersV
10th Jun 2008, 18:49
There are already alot of pilots in the TAG holding pool,so I guess they will be taking pilots who have already gone through the TAG recruitment process before any further recruitment starts,expect a few months wait before it re-starts.............

Solent Trout
1st Aug 2008, 14:32
Anyone been plucked out the pool lately?

Or even called for interview? Just interested if there has been any movement?

Cheers

mikehammer
13th Aug 2009, 18:26
:{

Just filled in the whole online application including several million attempts to make myself look human in the passport photo upload, but on pressing 'Submit' the following error message keeps returning (very much abbreviated):

(mx.messaging.messages::errorMessage)#0
body = (null)
clientId = "879C3C87-2A7A-4447-BEB2-204717822A35"
correlationId = "315DD30C-28CC-FA3A-B2C3-14F908112857"
destination = (null)
extendedData = (null)
faultCode = "Server.Call.Failed"
faultDetail = "javax.servlet.ServletException:
.exadel.flamingo.service.exception.ServiceInvokationExceptio n:

I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Any insiders got any ideas?

Kelly Hopper
13th Aug 2009, 19:53
I didn't have a problem a few months back with it. Maybe you should try another photo??? You can borrow one of mine, freely available on the net. Just google "clooney."

IT Pro
13th Aug 2009, 21:25
It's the new way of rejecting you before you've even applied.

Doh! :ugh:

Inspector Clueless
14th Aug 2009, 06:50
Folks,
Be aware that a few unfortunate individuals have been released by their owners at TAG very recently due to the current crisis eg 4 crew to 3 etc or sale of the a/c due to financial problems(Icelandic a/c etc) and so until the market recovers-(and it will),I guess these people need to be placed first if possible elsewhere.
Until the market regains confidence I suspect unless you are specifically rated and experienced opportunities may be limited openings do occur as pilots move on elsewhere it has happened on our aircraft very recently.
Once the market picks up TAG are a friendly crowd and easy to work for the interviews are fair and straightforward.

Good luck to all and keep the faith it will improve but we just do not know exactly when.IC:ok:

mikehammer
14th Aug 2009, 10:10
Kelly, like it! Very drole. Anyone care to recommend a good plastic surgeon?

Inspector Clueless, fair enough. I am told the dropped pilots are highly likely to be picked up first. I am playing the "in it to win it" game, and it costs me nothing to apply (unlike some places I could mention) so why would I not? TAG are one of the few strong companies left, it's good to have a primary target for moving up the ladder, even if it is reaching too high I'll give it a good go and you never know...

protogenio
16th Aug 2009, 10:01
I see in the Flight international TAG are advertising for direct entry G5 type rated pilots to suit thier own needs,this does'nt seem fair or ethically right to recruit direct entry pilots when they have made so many redundant this year,not a good sign of loyalty to crew at all?:=
Especially when Netjets have been so caring towards their pilot workforce ?
So I guess,those who are waiting without interview may be in it for the long haul ??!!

johnriketes
16th Aug 2009, 11:58
protogenio

ref your posr #101

My sentiments entirely.

Great way to build morale and a loyal work force.

singpilot
17th Aug 2009, 02:50
They are a pirate ship run by the worst kind of pilots.... er, I meant pirates.

GLFSTMFIVE
17th Aug 2009, 08:37
It’s a shame they don’t use the system they have in place for recruitment, the online application. I know for a fact they have Gulfstream rated guys registered on their system who are current and unemployed, yet they advertise and create themselves an extra 2 or 3 days of paperwork unnecessarily. What is the point of the online system?

FL480
17th Aug 2009, 10:27
G5 for TAG ?

Can someone tell if HB-JGX is currently in Farnborough... ?

GLFSTMFIVE
17th Aug 2009, 16:21
FL480 check your PM's

Inspector Clueless
17th Aug 2009, 16:54
Gents/Ladies,

TAG isnt the best,but it certainly isnt the worst and whilst there remain significant shortcomings in the operation there are at last attempts to address them.
Whilst there is an outward policy of placing the unfortunates who find themselves without an a/c or or a reduced crew onto another TAG a/c the reality is somewhat different.

Hence the ad in FI for G5 rated pilots when they already exist or indeed other s within TAG exist but are not rated.

Better perhaps not to make a feature of such a policy,

Mike Hammer give it your best -opportunities will come up and you will be well placed to act when they do.

Good luck,IC

VickersV
17th Aug 2009, 20:30
Interesting posts,are TAG recruiting direct entry type rated pilots for all thier future aircraft due to the greater accessability of them,has there been a change in recruitment policy ?:sad:
They would usually try to replace the crew internally I always thought ?:confused::confused:

protogenio
19th Aug 2009, 14:54
IC are you saying that if we join Tag on a managed aircraft and the owner leaves Tag or changes the crew compliment,there is no further place to put crew with such a big fleet,so your out on your A?

It does'nt seem very structured and safe from the crew point of view for such a outwardly respected company,is there no seniority system at Tag,to keep the loyal crew?

I thought also when you buy new aircraft you get so many free simulator slots,so what does it matter whether the crew are type rated or not ?

Inspector Clueless
24th Aug 2009, 14:10
Proto,
Yes I am saying exactly that.

The "intention" is to place you to another a/c within TAG if you find yourself surplus or without an owner.

The realityis that if there is a G5 rated pilot outside TAG and you are not G5 rated guess who gets the slot?

I have met some very impressive pilots in the last year who through no fault have found themselves in the job hunt-in the meantime there remain some very unimpressive pilots sitting on a well funded jet with usually an owner who has little idea of the reality on his jet.

For a few,the jet is good,the owner good the pilots good but it is rare but it does happen.

Good luck,IC

Der_Fischmeister
24th Aug 2009, 15:14
Doesnt it work like this in times like this ?
" We need to cut costs ..bla bla bla ...we nned that other driver hes current and u need a Recurrent ...

So this is how it is ..but times will change .....and then we pilots again will have to develop stronger unity to withstand Crises which will again follow ....

cheers

wondering
2nd Mar 2010, 07:26
Hello,

would anybody like to share some facts about TAG Geneva e.g. recruitment process, T&E? Do you really have to live in the vicinity? PMs welcome. Thanks

manuel.stocker
14th Apr 2010, 05:22
I have an assessment with TAG on Friday. Anyone knows about the airports flown in the Sim check ?

Happy landings.

takeoff06

cosmonaut5
4th May 2010, 22:07
Does anybody know if Tag is going to recruit pilots anytime soon. I keep on updating my profile, but unfortunately no luck. I have a current (FO) GV/550 rating and would love to fly for them, since I am without a job. Are there any other alternatives to Tag?

cosmonaut5
4th May 2010, 22:13
Does anybody know if and when Tag is going to recruit pilots again. I would love to fly for them. I have a current (FO) G450/V/550 rating and I am hoping they require pilots soon (aren't we all). Does anybody know good alternatives to Tag?

Lightheart
5th May 2010, 12:56
Cosmonaut,

With your ratings have you contacted G5 Executive in Zurich?

Good luck

cosmonaut5
5th May 2010, 21:25
Hello Lightheart,

Thank you for your advise. I have already contacted them. The responded quite fast and told me that they will keep my cv on file. I hope they will come back to me soon.

Regards

the_bookkeeper
6th May 2010, 11:45
They have just hired one F/O for their GV and there are another 2 pilots in the pipe who have gone through the interview panel.

cosmonaut5
7th May 2010, 10:34
In that case I probably don't make a chance anytime soon.

swampthing
7th May 2010, 12:01
The Bookkeeper.. check your PM..

Giraffe2000
8th Aug 2010, 18:25
I see TAG is recruiting lerjet F/Os but it says applicants must hold a FAA ATPL License, and current FAA medical class 1?

Is that right? surely they must be on a JAA AOC?

Is it worth applying with only a JAA licence though it spesifically says FAA?

Any info much appreciated:ok:

FLEXJET
9th Aug 2010, 17:13
This is a managed Learjet 60 which is not on TAG's AOC

Tag has a few VP- M- N- registered and managed aircraft!

If they ask for FAA, give them FAA! (it could be a sound investment to get this FAA license by the way).

bizjetbus
23rd Aug 2010, 09:26
Anyone with up to date interview info? Some hints on written test (tech quiz) and what to expect from sim ride would be appreciated....

Thanks!

bjb