PDA

View Full Version : Any F-27 Jobs @ Channex? Requirements?

Capt. Horatio Slappy !!
8th Oct 2001, 08:35
Hello,
Currently fly as skipper on F-27's in the U.S. 6000+Total, 2500+multi, 1500+turbine, 1000+turbine PIC. Age: 29
Typed in F-27 plus Junkstream.
Would like to move back 'ome, willing to convert, will self sponsor with a conditional offer.
Anyone have the inside skinny on Channex or any other F-27 freight outfits?
Cheers. :confused:

freightdoggy dog
10th Oct 2001, 01:09
go to "www.channel-express.co.uk" for latest details/requirements.

Vmike
15th Oct 2001, 03:04
To put it bluntly, at least a frozen UK/JAR ATPL with IR and Performance A plus, more importantly, the RIGHT attitude. You have to fit in. Assuming you do, its a cool job, especially if you're not on the F27!!!!! :cool:

CargoOne
15th Oct 2001, 07:16
Anyway Channex will get rid of f27, so type rating on Antonov will be more valuable ;)

Capt. Horatio Slappy !!
15th Oct 2001, 07:23
Thanx Vmike, considering I would have to pack all my stuff and ship about 10 metric tonnes of junk back across the pond to fly the old ' F ' It would be safe to assume that I would already have investigated the actual CAA requirements. The purpose of this post is to solicit information about the company, it's interview procedures, pilot structure, applicable unions and maintenance info not otherwise readily available through the ' normal ' channels. Should you or any other visitors have anything useful in the above fields I would of course be forever grateful, down to shouting for a few pints at the next bash after I make it back. If you wish to confine your diatribe to insulting the old Fokker I might remind you that it currently provides me with a paycheck, not the same story for a bunch of other folks in the industry.
Sincerely:
Capt. Slappy. ;)

Ivan aromer
15th Oct 2001, 11:51
Channex are a professional outfit, normal psyco babble test, interview with aircrew manager and usually two trainers. Crews dont get many flight hours but lots of duty. I understand that the present route structure on the F27 is good. Possible change of fleet aftera year or so. Going to L188 most unlikely the, B733 possible but there is a queue. The A300 ditto. Good luck most people there seem to enjoy it

A and C
20th Oct 2001, 22:32
can you sleep in the back of a taxi ?

freightdoggy dog
21st Oct 2001, 19:11
And will you have a job this winter A+C?, NOT dissing you bro but some guys have a mortgage to pay and will do what is needed to keep the Bank manager from the door!

A and C
21st Oct 2001, 20:07
Dog...........it,s all looking good in my neck of the woods and i can see that the EXS F27 job is a good place to be in these troubled times but the fatigue sets in when you do a lot of positioning in the small hours and it helps no end if you can sleep in the back of a taxi ,after all i know that you can !.

Cuban_8
24th Oct 2001, 00:33
All,

Just to add to this post, do Channel tend to take on many guys with just a Frozen ATPL, or are they looking for more experience? Would be nice to get some 'proper' flying in at the beginining of an aviation career!! Also, how many hours a year do the F27 crews do on average??

Cheers,

Cuban_8

A and C
24th Oct 2001, 22:06
If you call madrid-paris-madrid "proper flying" then good luck to you no doubt it kept my hand flying sharp but how fresh was i for the last aproach of the night ?.

Channex is without doubt a good first job and they demand high standards of the pilots but you will work very hard at all hours of the day and night.