PDA

View Full Version : Transavia

Flilght sailer
22nd Jan 2008, 15:04
hi..has anybody info about how to apply as cabin crew in Transavia...the job section is wholly in dutch.
Does anybody know what it is like? roster,salary...etc?
Thanks!

AmeliaJane
25th Jan 2008, 11:46
I had a quick look, and here's a basic translation of what they're looking for. There's a questionnaire that has to be filled in by applicants (one for male and one for female applicants). Here are the requirements:
You have to be 18 yrs of age.
Height: between 1.60m and 1.90m.
Corrective lenses: between -5 and +5.
Min. education level: MBO (3-4 year vocational education, more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Netherlands#VervolgonderwijsFurthermore:
Skillful English communicator.
Minimum 7 months availability (no holiday during summer months).
Be able to be at Schiphol within 1 hr both day and night, and, depending on place of residence, be within 1 hr of Rotterdam airport.
Be willing to stay abroad (for a maximum of three weeks).
Be willing to perform other activites related to your function.
Be in the possession of a swimming diploma (3 different levels of swimming proficiency diplomas in the Netherlands, with varying requirements).
Have no visible tattoos and/or piercing.
Fill in the questionnaire to find out if you're what we're looking for.
Questionnaire (female candidate/Vrouwelijke kandidaten):
Do you want to know if you fulfill the minimum requirements? Fill in the below and click to send.

AgeAre you 18 years or older? (Ja is yes, Nee is no)

HeightHow tall are you?

Eyesight What strenght/prescription (0 if you don’t wear corrective lenses/glasses)

Training.Have you completed a minimum Higher General Secondary Education or VWO diploma or an MBO?

MobilityDo you possess a driver’s license or can you us the NS-nachtnet (night trains)?

Stand-byCan you be at Schiphol within 1 hr, day or night?

AvailabilityAre you available for minimum 7 months?

Are you prepared to work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays?
Do you have a swimming diploma?
Are you willing to stay abroad for maximum 3 weeks?
Are you willing to perform other activities related to your job function?
Check box that you agree with their privacy statement, and click Versturen.

Next page: If you get the following message: Je voldoet aan de door Transavia.com gestelde basis eisen! It means:

You satisfy Transavia.com’s basic requirements!

It then moves on to state:
We gladly invite you to fill in the form below. After receiving your application, as Unique representative will contact you for an interview/conversation. The fields marked with a * are obligatory.

Achternaam (last name)
Voorna(a)m(en) (first name/names)
Not sure what Roepnaam is, but I believe they mean nickname
Adres = address
Postcode = postal code
Woonplaats = place of residence/town
Geboortedatum = date of birth
Geboorteplaats: place of birth
Geslacht = gender (man = male, vrouw = female)
Telefoonnummer = phone number
Extra (mobiel) telefoonnummer = additional phone number/mobile number
E-mail adres = e-mail address
Lengte = height
Confectiemaat = clothing size
Sterkte van bril of lenzen = prescription strenght of contacts or lenses
Not sure about Hoogst genoten afgeronde opleiding, but think it means Highest level of (secondary or higher) education completed (I don’t have my Dutch dictionary with me)
In bezit van rijbewijs = in possession of a driver’s license
In bezit van swemdiploma = in possession of a swimming diploma
Heb je eerder bij Transavia als Cabin Attendant gevlogen = Have you flown with Transavia as a cabin attendant before

Then there’s a statement that they assume you are being truthful and that if it is later in the employment process shown that you are not they have the right to end the employment/application process. The Unique agency is handling the application process for Transavia, and your information will be sent to them. Your personal information is confidential, and will only be used for this application. And then a check box that you understand the above.

Hope this helps :)

orangegirl
25th Jan 2008, 13:28
Yes you can apply on the website, as this is a dutch airline you will have to speak dutch. the selection process is also fully in dutch. I always here positive things about them.
but it's a seasonal contract and the pay is not great.