PDA

View Full Version : World freighters

partyreptile
7th Jun 2001, 19:13
Are there any World Airways kids out there?

I have heard that since your contract that business has increased and you are hiring again. Also heard that World is going to increase the freighter DC10 fleet, since I was at World in the past, I would like to hear some of the news.

See ya.

Reptile

antonovman
9th Jun 2001, 02:10
yeah i also worked for them in the past
was a great airline to work for in those days
i have also heard they are increasing the dc10's , first time for years they've increased the fleet
good luck guy

Hunter58
10th Jun 2001, 16:17
Party and Antonov

not that I wan to ge ttoo close, but have they also FLOWN the DC10s they have???

------------------
There's nothing like a three-holer...

Diesel8
10th Jun 2001, 16:32
There were three World Airways DC-10F sitting in Fort Lauderdale, two by Amerijets glider and one on the pax side of the airport.

partyreptile
11th Jun 2001, 15:49
hunter58, just exactly what is your claim to fame? I forget, did you invent flying or just running your mouth about the flying others do? I fail to see any contribution your post made to the question at hand. Did you work for World? If not, save your snide remarks for other areas where you MIGHT possibly have something to say.

Hunter58
12th Jun 2001, 12:58
Party Reptile

what is so obnoxious about the question? You calim tha there must be so many new jobs at World. Seeing the present business, I am not so sure about that. Don't forget the firings of Atlas and Polar. What makes you so sure that the same economics don't apply for World too?

The best way to see the health of an airline is, to look how much they fly. So if you really want to recommend World, be sure they can also fly their wonderful aircraft. Otherwise you are just one of these reptiles in the pilots job market doing a very bad job and in the end ruining some poor guy's reputation.

I, unlike you, know that at the present time they have no consistent work for their aircraft. So I would not create hopes that cannot be fulfilled.

If you now should think that I am too focussed on World, consider that you brought them up. The same as above goes for any of the ACMI cargo carriers. It is just not the best place to apply right now, as the business is going sour.

This is the Professional Pilot's Roumors Network. I am no pilot, but I am very involved in the flying business, and therefore I believe it is my right also to contribute with my pieces of information towards helping a pilot who might want to make a change in his career doing the right choice. Interestingly enough, things by now have happened as predicted, regardless of how many posts were fired against me.

I don't say you have to listen to me, you can do what you like and please. But I HAVE the same right as you have! And if you don't like what I say, then just ignore it!

------------------
There's nothing like a three-holer...

wheelchock
12th Jun 2001, 13:04
Amen!

partyreptile
12th Jun 2001, 18:05
hunter58, since you obviously have not read the question before running your mouth about S**t you know nothing about, let me make the point of the thread perfectly clear: is there anybody out there AT WORLD, who knows the current goings on? NOT is there any git with a keyboard who feels he has to comment about every topic in order to fill in the time between medications. So since you are NOT a pilot, and since you do not, nor never have, worked at World, why don't you take your toys and skip over to some playmates house and leave some of us in peace?

antonovman
12th Jun 2001, 20:24
yeah, well said partyreptile
BTW when were you at World ?
i was with them from 81 - 87 or thereabouts
i was in FRA

DC7CF
13th Jun 2001, 01:32
World's hiring about 80 this year-getting ready to announce some contracts on those FLL freighters.Fleet size is 8 MD11(one freighter) and 5 DC10(2 pax,1cf,2cargo)with 2 more 10 freighters by the fall.

partyreptile
13th Jun 2001, 17:21
I was at World only a short time, 98-99, I was in the first 10 class, howdy to C. Lewis, and Ross. Really liked it there, but at the time they were hitting bottom from the shaky ceo problem, prior to H. Hollis.
Must admit, World has the best training in the industry, bar none. Their training staff is the most experienced and orgainized that I have ever seen, and I have seen more than the average cross section. Reptile.