PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question Time..........

BRL
21st Jan 2008, 21:42
Hi all. Using Opera, how can I get the bookmarks from one laptop to another?

Cheers.....

BOAC
21st Jan 2008, 22:04
Courtesy of Google:
opera6.adr

Try copy and paste. I don't use Opera but is there an 'export' option?

BRL
21st Jan 2008, 23:17
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

I have found the file on the old laptop, saved it to a memory stick but can't 'paste' it into the opera running on this laptop. :confused:

Have looked for an export option but can't see anything.

BOAC
22nd Jan 2008, 08:01
Are you disabling opera before trying to paste? You may need to copy the flash file to desktop and then run in safe mode? Can't offer any more help as I say as I don't sing Opera.

BUT - the big question - are we talking VISTA on the new one?:ugh:

Moniker
22nd Jan 2008, 08:24
Hiya,

On the new lappy, would you be better looking for an import from the application ..

ie import it to the lappy from the memory stick?

I have no knowledge of Opera either, but for example on firefox, the import option is under the file menu ..

BRL
22nd Jan 2008, 08:30
Hi there. I can copy the flash file but when I go to Windows Explorer I can't just type in the 'address' where I want the file to go. I just can't be done.

And yes, it is bloody Vista.......

BOAC
22nd Jan 2008, 08:37
Vista is a 'mista'ry to me, but can you not just drag and drop? Is it a UAC thing? (search Google for that).

BRL
22nd Jan 2008, 12:33
Hi. It is not a UAC problem, have had a good look here and with the lappy being brand new there shouldn't be an issue but it is Vista afterall....

I have tried everything, may just have to manually go to the website and do it that way on the new one. :(

Thanks for the advice chaps.

BRL
22nd Jan 2008, 20:09
Thanks Mike J, that worked. Thank you.

Pretty obvious really but I just couldn't see it.

Thanks to all. :)