PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview preparation

DonG
21st Jan 2008, 19:47
I have an interview with Emirates in a month. Besides being yourself (open and honest), does anyone have any advice how to approach studying and preparing? Did you get an acceptance letter? What was your level of experience? Me: CRJ Captain, 1800 command jet, 2400 second-in-command, 6200 Total. Thanks for your input! :ok:

jetaviator
21st Jan 2008, 22:51
Hello DonG when are you going to be there? I have mine in march

jetaviator
25th Jan 2008, 15:19
Hello DonG I send you a pm..

Regards

Bandit FO
25th Jan 2008, 15:47
Just like anyplace else, be ready to tell stories about things that have happened out on the line. I enjoyed the interview when I went. They tell you yes or no by email.
Good Luck!

Muffetology
25th Jan 2008, 15:59
Am scheduled for the April interview. Would appreciate any assistance as well.

Thanks,

M :)

The Darkness
25th Jan 2008, 16:32
I've read all of your posts and congrats on the interview. I have an interview during the first week of April and would love to hear how it went for you all. Any tips from you would be greatly appreciated??? So maybe you could give us all the lowdown once you've completed the process???

Thanks and good luck,
The Darkness

Muffetology
25th Jan 2008, 16:36
Best of luck to all those attending upcoming interviews with EK.

The Darkness, guess I'll probably see you in Dubai on the 31st March-3rd April.

Cheers & Best Wishes,

M :)

sioux115
26th Jan 2008, 00:53
See you guys there too! Anyone know how much the taxi is from the Hotel to Headquarters?

DonG
26th Jan 2008, 01:15
Hi guys. I really need some material to study. For now, I'm reading some material that was used for Cathay interview. Some technical questions from Handling the Big Jets. I need more substantive info, please. I'll relay my experience after everything is finished, but I would like it to be a positive outcome, so please, furnish more study material!

Guns-A-GoGo
26th Jan 2008, 13:01
Shortlisted in ?Dec, interviewing 4,5,6 Feb.

tbaylx
26th Jan 2008, 15:05
Don,

If you are studying the cathy prep stuff you are way way over preparing for the interview. The tech quiz is basic stuff, ie think what temp may visible moisture cause ice..etc. Not only that you can usually make it a group exercise.

Just come and be prepared to talk about your career giving examples of various leadership/crm/customer service qualities you've displayed in the past. Just sit back and do what pilot's do best, tell stories about yourself and you'll do fine.

Don't sweat tons of studying, i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and i had no issues at all with minimal prep. Just come and enjoy the trip, meet some new people and take a look around EK and Dubai.

airbussmooth
26th Jan 2008, 21:03
can i ask u tabylx, u said that u werent thru the interview process>> was

that with their new system on advanced compass testing and if so do u

have any pointers?? thanx fly safe :ok: