PDA

View Full Version : Etihad and Emirates Hiring

Beechslave
21st Jan 2008, 18:13
My question is primarily for Etihad but how competitive is the hiring at these airlines right now. EY needs only 1500 total with 1000 jet/glass, if I were to apply right now do I have a stand a chance for an interview? Also do these airlines value PIC time as much? Just a curious pilot here in the states.

CT7
21st Jan 2008, 22:35
EY has no CVs in reserve. If one arrives on the desk tomorrow the total pool will be one.

Gee wonder why..... Go EK.

340flyer
22nd Jan 2008, 17:01
Its funny you say that...today i was at the Etihad training center and saw the new groups who joined this month a total of 40 new pilots just in Jan and according to the guys they are 60 more in the next 60 days...so they seem to be getting pilots...Am sure with all the hiring they must be getting short of appications and thats why the reduced the requirement but time will tell i am sure. Anyway things have changed in EY but i just like the life style, so do the job and enjoy the rest......

CT7
23rd Jan 2008, 08:15
Remember that those ones didn't just interview yesterday.....

It's about a 4-6 month lead in time.....

CT7
24th Jan 2008, 05:24
Which is why they are embarking on a SE Asia road show.

Oh just great!

alghazal
24th Jan 2008, 07:04
Wonder why they are not road showing in Europe or in the US.....?

OOpssss, nobody wouldn't even show up there ....!!!

Maybe SE Asia pilots are supposed to be more naive, candid....... but I doubt it.... We do have many of them here and word of mouth is also spreading in SE Asia, that EY is just not the place to go.

EY should roadshow in Antartica...more chances

Happy Pilot, stay happy, coz you are the only one believing what is written in your posts.....

Why are we still on minimum rest and minimum crew allmost every flight ??

Why do all the new joiners and the others have to stay in c:mad:y accomodations and/or hotels....?

Why do most of the pilots and western cabin crews feel that the bonus is an insult ? Coz it's just designed to try to make you delay your resignation by 3 months.

Why did the requirements decrease so quicly ??? Coz your desks are empty !! No application anymore....

Why won't we tell our friends to come here or to attend your roadshows ???
Coz we want to keep our friends !

CT7
24th Jan 2008, 10:51
Yeah, I gotta stop being so PC.

You pretty much summed up what I was going to type.

Happy Pilot - What Rest.....
40 in Jan - that means about 20 will be sitting around for up to a month twiddling their thumbs...waiting for anything to happen...
Some recent guys were sitting about for 45 days.......:ugh:
Anyway welcome and have fun, if you're well rested enough to do anything. And staff travel for buddies is 6 months not 3 if they told you that on selection.

Beechslave - I see you're from the US of A. I wonder if you will be subject to "random" checks here.....:):):):):)

piloton
24th Jan 2008, 11:47
Well .... I submited my app. on line 7 months ago and I got a response that my app. was accepted but after all this time no word, I qualify for their requirements... so who knows...

anybody got a contact number...would appreciate very much....

CT7
24th Jan 2008, 12:19
Er you could be an educated westerner with a brain who doesn't put up with :mad:....

outofsynch
24th Jan 2008, 19:49
Thanks CT7.....! What does that say about me? :rolleyes: :ouch: :=

Or you?

Piloton Try +97125058218. They sound very helpful, but it doesnt make any difference!

piloton
24th Jan 2008, 21:29
Thank you , outofsynch