PDA

View Full Version : Ticket class identity letters

silverelise
21st Jan 2008, 18:00
Is there a table somewhere which describes what the ticket class letters (J class, X-class etc) correspond to?

I'd assumed there were only 3 or 4, to correspond to economy, premium, business and first but it seems there are loads more, depending on if the ticket is transferable, upgradable etc.

I tried a search but got no results.

strake
21st Jan 2008, 18:08
Anout half way down...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_class

silverelise
21st Jan 2008, 18:53
Thanks, perfect.:ok:

Hartington
21st Jan 2008, 22:05
That page can be misleading. For instance oneWorld airlines use T and W for the *premium* economy offerings rather than "Heavily discounted fares, commonly T or W". And IATA have re designated R as an economy code; SIA tried to have it adopted for their first class suites but failed - that's the way SIA may use it but it's not the industry standard.

Both Star and oneWorld carriers have aligned their use of class codes so that within each alliance the code means the same thing but don't expect usage to be identical. For instance full fare business on BA (oneWorld) is J but I've just booked a discounted business fare on NZ (Star) LHR/HKG/AKL/SFO/-LAX/LHR and that's in J. I'm not sure how far Sky Team have progressed with their alignment of class codes.

All that aside, the general principals shown on that page are good, just don't treat it as 100% gospel.