PDA

View Full Version : Getting a job at any level in a cargo company

laurie
28th Sep 2001, 12:07
Can anyone tell me which are the big companies worth applying to for any job at all in the airfreight industry - eg loadie ?

To have a job based around anything aviation related while I continue to train would be a big bonus.

Laurie.

fcit
28th Sep 2001, 18:09
Hi Laurie,

where are you based? And train as what? Looking around the forums you might have noticed that the job situation is not too good right now - especially for those w/o experience.

Cheers
fcit

RampTramp
28th Sep 2001, 19:03
laurie,

I hate to say this but I have a drawer full of applications for loadie positions, many from experienced people. There was a thread a few weeks ago on a similar subject & the basic advise from that one was to look for something on the ground as a way of 'getting some time' in, say, loadcontrol of either an airline or ground handler. I still reckon that's your best bet.

However it turns out, I wish you luck.

Hogg
28th Sep 2001, 20:18
Hey RampTramp....... You telling us u got an office? or even a desk? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cya :cool:

RampTramp
1st Oct 2001, 12:34
Hogg,

Did I mention offices or desks?? I just admitted to having a drawer!

Flarechecklevel
1st Oct 2001, 23:38
Laurie, have you just been working in the sun in a foriegn country recentley? If so I was one of the green jobs working with you...get in touch. It would be nice to chat.

laurie
5th Oct 2001, 17:26
FlareCheckLevel:

I am in the sun, and in a foreign country, but thats not me you're thinking of - Sorry :cool:

Thankyou all others for your posts.

Regards,
Laurie.