PDA

View Full Version : Cluver is at it again......

SpootNICK
21st Jan 2008, 05:13
That son of a biach is at it again.:*

When will this guy learn.....it seems every year he tries to start an airline.

Would some one please give this guy a hint....

SN

A new South African no-frills airline called Redair has been given the rights to operate five weekly round-trip flights from Cape Town or Durban to Stansted in the UK.

Its owner, charter airline Civair chief executive Andy Cluver, said although he could not give a launch date, he hoped the airline would start operating this year.

The Air Licence Council was to apply for the four round-trip flights not used by SAA to be put back into a pool for redistribution.

'There's a lot still to do'
There was therefore a possibility that Comair, which had been granted four weekly round-trip flights to London, and Redair would each get a couple more.

"There's a lot still to do," Cluver said, referring to his trip to the UK next week to look for one or two aircraft.

He was in the market for a Boeing 767-300ER, 777-200ER or 747-400.

The Redair service would not have first class - just economy and business classes and the latter would be similar to premium economy class on other airlines, but cheaper.

The lowest-priced tickets would cost R1 999 one-way, excluding tax. Passengers would be able to select and pay for extras, such as a choice from among 16 types of meals, films, and access to the business-class lounge.

'You pay for what you want, so there's no wastage'
"You pay for what you want, so there's no wastage."

Extras could also be bought on board, but would come at a premium.

Stansted was the headquarters of the major European low-cost airlines and "where all the growth (was)" in that market.

The airline had raised R40-million, Cluver said.

In other airline news, Delta plans to introduce a New York to Cape Town route in June, while Emirates Airlines, which has flown to Johannesburg since soon after 1994, is to be flying direct to Cape Town from March.

South African Airways spokesperson Robyn Chalmers said the airline had no plans to launch further international routes.

"Africa will be a strong focus of ours in 2008," she said.

South America was a market where the airline was looking at possibly expanding.

British Airways spokesperson Stephen Forbes said the airline would not add new flights.

JetPark
21st Jan 2008, 07:57
I can't believe it!! Surely the Authorities / role players must need their heads read after the last debacle?

Can someone please tell him that to make a small forutune in the Airline business you need to start with a big one:ugh:

I wonder - though - if it will ever get off the ground?

imustbemad
21st Jan 2008, 10:08
He probably will make a small fortune... he has started with R40mil (no doubt other peoples money). The airline won't get off the ground, lots of people will lose money and he will walk away squeeky clean

TwinJock
21st Jan 2008, 11:24
The real suckers in this story are the predominantly South African passengers - they will be taken for a ride by these fly-by-nights.

I agree with Colin Jordaan that the South African public is not discerning enough when it comes to choosing an airline!

I am sure that these flights will be full at start-up, and then after the first hick-up a lot of people are going to loose their money.

GULF69
21st Jan 2008, 14:34
LOL, What's he gonna fly them in? ZS-MUM???? :ugh:

VOM1T
22nd Jan 2008, 12:24
All a bit one sided - any one got any good comments about this exciting new project and the man behind it ?

CALCULATOR
22nd Jan 2008, 17:11
I think the prior post sais it all - VOMIT !!!

countingteeth
28th Jan 2008, 20:16
:eek: :eek: :eek:

*rollseyes*

Here we go again! I think he may have a problem finding experienced crew this time around. The last crews he recruited were left high and dry!

777Contrail
29th Jan 2008, 10:07
This time around we should all book flights without paying and never pitching!

Crew should apply and never arive for work on day 1!