PDA

View Full Version : EY investigators in BA incident in LHR

A3406000
21st Jan 2008, 02:31
It seems that some EY investigators were sent in London following the BA 777 emergency landing.

According to them and after thorough checks they concluded that nothing went wrong during this flight. They in fact have now the proof that no illegal upgrade in the cabin was attempted by the captain at any time during the flight. They also praised the CC professionalism because their grooming stayed up to standards during and after the evacuation.

Etihad: "Change the way you see the world"

Haywood
21st Jan 2008, 06:12
What does it take

Posts like this after an accident make me think what kind of people are around in our buisiness.
Everybody should be very happy that it did not end in a catastrophe. As professionals we should wait for the final report to be released and not use this as a relieve valve for our own frustrations.
My advice would be to switch on your brain before you write something. If you dont like the environment you are in apply for a position that enables you to change the environment or start looking for a place you like.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ACCIDENT FOR YOUR PERSONAL FRUSTRATION

maddog62
21st Jan 2008, 06:31
Everybody should be very happy

And that's what we are....very happy!! There's very few cases when somebody can make some fun after an accident and this, thank god, is one of them.

Everything went well and maybe people will remind themselves that the two funny dressed fellows sitting in the cockpit, and the Cabin Crew, of course, are there for a reason.

My advice would be to switch on your brain before you write something

And my advice to you is to relax..:ok:

chow,

mad

imustbemad
21st Jan 2008, 06:44
God forbid we should lose our sense of humour. What a fun place the flightdeck would be then

maddog62
21st Jan 2008, 11:53
Tu quoque, SNAME, fili mi.....:ugh:

mad

mkdar
21st Jan 2008, 13:48
Why see the glass half empty? Why not see the half full part of it ? indirectly, the post was a compliment to BA and the crew as much as it was cynical to EY .
In other words : had this incident occurred in EY, this would have been EY management reaction to it, on the contrary, BA praised the crew and announced that they have done a great job indeed.
:bored:

menard
21st Jan 2008, 14:52
EK also sent a team of investigators on the scene, they however found a few discrepencies:

1. Pilots received too much training (i.e.: more than minimum required),

2. Pilots received too much rest,

3. Pilots were not flown to their maximum duty time,

4. Too much fuel was carried. Fuel tanks should always be almost empty at this stage of flight (report stated a fuel leakage after wing skin rupture.)

Thanks to their valued expertise...:E

tournesol
21st Jan 2008, 16:05
Humor ? what humor.
I can only see a bunch of unhappy, miserable kids who unfortunately operate in the real world which is too mature for them.
They take their perceived problems and aggravations with their management to the rest of the world.
We all have our problems. But we try and solve them like adults, by either face the prblem or leave for another job.
By the way there plenty of pilots jobs in the market. Why are you sticking somewhere where you are not happy ? and become a crying baby ?
The unfortunate BA(or any other) accident is not a joke. Let us hope the entire industry learns from the sad event. :ugh:

puff m'call
21st Jan 2008, 16:47
Sad event, err did I miss something, is a bent 777 a sad even or just a bloody lucky crash where no one got killed.

It's only coz the dam thing's got BA on the side of it that everyone's talking about it so much.

Take a break, have a glass of wine and say " There but for the grace of God"

slycamel
21st Jan 2008, 16:59
Haywood,
could not agree with you more.
Sh..Heads should not be alowed acess to this forum!

tournesol
21st Jan 2008, 17:00
If you have ever been involved in accident; being in an aiplane, a car, a boat, etc... you will denfinitelly call this a sad event.
As for a bent 777 I am sure there are plenty of ppl who are loosing sleep as we speak.
I just thought we should be considerate at times like these.
I don't mind a joke or a good lough but this is just not the time.
Fly safe and enjoy your wine.

Togalk
21st Jan 2008, 17:12
SNAM, Cameltoe, Haywood. Get a life yourselves. The initial post really had nothing to do with the BA accident. (in which no one was injured or killed) Everyone sees they did a great job. It was a commentary on EY management. Get a F---ing sense of humor.

tournesol
21st Jan 2008, 20:03
Go ahead use the "F" word. It makes you feel cool, mature, adult and macho.
:D

Mr Mugabe
22nd Jan 2008, 03:29
As they say in every CRM course I have been on "Humour can be so Dangerous as it may not agree with all cultures involved".
I think this is the case in this thread.....
:ugh:

Just look at my name!

menard
22nd Jan 2008, 20:45
"Tournesol" is a very serious and mature guy.

That's why he is using the name of Tintin's character "Tournesol" (French for: Prof. Calculus) when he posts his serious comments on Pprune.

And he has got a point...If you use humour, you're not happy, and you should leave....

sidestickman
23rd Jan 2008, 02:00
Cikpigeon, your comments in PPRUNE are always negative! Nothing which would have any value added to the community. Now you are using accidents of collegues to handle your own frustration. Why don't you simply look for another job??? Its a free world!

Sylverstars
23rd Jan 2008, 04:22
With RH at the top this will never happne to us.

CT7
23rd Jan 2008, 06:52
Yeah, and icebergs can't sink ocean liners....