PDA

View Full Version : Hs 125-400/731 information?

Tinstaafl
20th Jan 2008, 05:58
We *might* be getting a HS 125-400 re-engined with -731 fans. Very 'might' - it's GA after all - but I need to gather information ahead of time so we're not left playing catch-up. Does anyone have any tips, advice, handling or operating information about this aircraft? Any suggestions for type rating organisations (we're based in the USA).

cheers
T

hawkerjet
20th Jan 2008, 08:07
Nothing really very different from the 600 / 700 series Hawkers except a couple thousand pounds of weight and I believe 6 seats, maybe 7. It flies better than the larger 600/700 series Hawkers because it has the same engines but less weight, so your time to climb is a bit quicker. They are old birds so your maintenance staff better be up for the challenge, parts are difficult and expensive. That being said, if you do a good pre buy and have a good maintenance department, you'll enjoy flying it. I would suggest going to Simuflite, I've been to both Simuflite and Flight Safety and believe the training is excellent at both however the staff at Simuflite has more old time instructors for that airplane. You'll be doing a HS-125 type ride in a Hawker 700 sim then receive differences training. Good Luck

Flintstone
20th Jan 2008, 09:22
Welcome to the jet age Tinny. About bloody time :p

If you're over this way let me know and I'll see about getting you some 125-700 sim time.

johnriketes
20th Jan 2008, 12:03
I would suggest FSI, Wilmington. DE. They have a HS 125 - 700 there. They are also contracted to carry out UK Government VIP, checking and training.

monkey_wrench
20th Jan 2008, 14:30
"Fan 400" - A bit of a rocket ship!

After the sale of the Production line by BAe to Raytheon, not surprisingly support for the "older" aircraft series aircraft declined somewhat. I do not believe that an RVSM SB / Mod package came out for the aircraft from the manufacturer for example. This is an indication of potential product support issues that you may run into from time to time.

Tinstaafl
20th Jan 2008, 15:33
If it all works out then we will be managing it on behalf of the owner + using it for charter. It's not the first jet the company has operated. It has new avionics with 530 & 480 boxes + a retrofit kit that gives it RVSM.

The poor bloody owner has been dicked around by a cabin refinishing mob from Texas somewhere. Interior not finished after nearly two years of hassle, shoddy quality with colour mis-matches between seats, head rests missing, no fire certification for materials used, grease/oil/ink stains everwhere (even the new headliner!). The paneling is awful! Damaged, scuffed & ill-fitting.

When I looked inside I thought it was the *old* interior, it was such a dreadful job. Our Director of Maintenance was horrified at the quality of the work done and now the owner wants us to manage it for him.

Of course it won't be flying - presuming it all works out - for months yet. We're just making sure that the operational side of things isn't left trailing behind maintenance w.r.t arranging type ratings, manuals, approvals etc.

Hi Flintstone. I was tempted to ask our DoM if he knew it was missing its propellors...